Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

EON ONE Compact "Pass Thru" socket.

Please can anyone tell me if the EON ONE Compact "Pass Thru" socket is TS or TRS.?
The user guide only describes it as a 1/4" output and does not specify which.

PS. This forum seems very, very quiet.....is there anyone out there??

Comments

• I wonder why this forum is so quite? I have a few questions myself!
  • I have 2 Compact units. The pass through output jack is a standard ts connection and is necessary to combine both speakers for guitar/mic performances. A regular speaker cord or guitar cable connecting the through output of the master unit to the LINE (3) input of the slave unit will work. NEVER USE CHANNEL 1 as it has phantom power which may accidently turn on and possibly damage a unit.

This is not to be confused with the app ability to link 2 speakers together via Bluetooth - that connection is strictly for streaming audio from another device such as an Ipad or phone and will not work in live performance situations - for guitar/mic you need to connect the speakers manually with a cord or cable. Hope this helps :)
  • @Harry7139 said:
    I have 2 Compact units. The pass through output jack is a standard ts connection and is necessary to combine both speakers for guitar/mic performances. A regular speaker cord or guitar cable connecting the through output of the master unit to the LINE (3) input of the slave unit will work. NEVER USE CHANNEL 1 as it has phantom power which may accidently turn on and possibly damage a unit.

This is not to be confused with the app ability to link 2 speakers together via Bluetooth - that connection is strictly for streaming audio from another device such as an Ipad or phone and will not work in live performance situations - for guitar/mic you need to connect the speakers manually with a cord or cable. Hope this helps :)

The pass through is 1/4" balanced TRS

• I realize I'm late in offering the comment, but last night was the first time I used my pair of Eon One Compact amps in public and I used the BOSS Wl-20L wireless guitar connection to connect the two speakers across about 40 feet of stage front and it worked wonderfully. And since I was using a Sennheiser wireless mic also, the whole evening was cable-free! It worked like a charm!

• Hi. I have an amp Eon One Pro and another Eon One Compact. I woud like to know if it's possible conect the out thru from the Eon One Pro to send the signal to Eon Compact through the XLR .
    Another question: How dhbailey52 have you been able to connect the two Comptact with you guitar wirelessly? Did you connect a receiver to each unit? And one more question. Do you think it's possible to plug the transmitter to the Eon One Pro and the receiver to Eon One Compact to send the signal wiressly?
    Thanks

• JanMurrayJanMurray Posts: 1

Has anyone experienced low volume on the pass through channel for the EON ONE Compact? FYI, I use the pass through to send a signal to my in ear monitors. I use a similar setup with a Fishman sa330x and the in ear monitor volume is fine. I should mention the EON ONE Compact speaker volume is much louder than the pass through volume. Has anyone else experienced this and can you offer any advice? thx!

• @worroourkid said:
    Please can anyone tell me if the EON ONE Compact "Pass Thru" socket is TS or TRS.?
    The user guide only describes it as a 1/4" output and does not specify which.

PS. This forum seems very, very quiet.....is there anyone out there??

I'm a new user, but I would think it would be TRS.

• Can anyone tell me when I connect 2 eon compacts if I can use all 6 imput units???
  • onestoryonestory Posts: 8
    > @offsetsduo said:
    > Can anyone tell me when I connect 2 eon compacts if I can use all 6 imput units???

hello! i don’t think so.

i think you can use the inputs on one speaker only and then connect the other speaker via the pass thru for more volume.

that being said, i haven’t physically tried it.
  • @offsetsduo said:
    Can anyone tell me when I connect 2 eon compacts if I can use all 6 imput units???

That is not currently possible.

• BohoeBohoe Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

Ok, so the pass thru is 1/4" balanced TRS.
    Now, you connect the TRS in the master's pass thru jack, and then on the Line 2 or 3 on the slave unit, correct?