Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

New Eon One MK2 firmware is wonky

After updating the firmware, I find that it takes my ipad considerably longer to locate the speaker. And if I switch to my songlist program, the JBL control software disconnects. Never did that before. Very inconvenient if I need to make a quick adjustment in between songs. Too much “dead air” waiting for the software to re-connect. 😒

Comments

• ronjronj Posts: 4
    I completely agree with Mike.

I have same issue since Feb 9 firmware update. The Bluetooth control channel remains dead for about 20 seconds or more once the app is returned from background or phone lockscreen (using iPhone 12 and latest sw). This is at a minimum very frustrating when trying to mute/unmute the bt channel quickly for karaoke.

***Another, more serious issue *** is the red limiter light on my eon one mk2 almost constantly flashing during use starting at *nominal* volume levels. This also began after the February 9 fw update. I don’t really feel confident using the system while the red limiter light is blinking almost constantly throughout the song - not just at peaks. This happens with an acoustic guitar and vocals just in my basement while practicing. And I’m not playing aggressively at the time —my line levels are about +24 db and the master volume is set at -11 to -8db. This was not happening before the February 9, 2023 firmware update. I really hope JBL corrects these issues. I love(d) my eon one MK2. I bought it right when it was released. But now I’m starting to think about a new system. However, I can’t honestly sell this to someone else with the issues it has described above. Humbly asking, JBL please fix this. I know these issues are easily addressable with a firmware update.
  • I’m having similar issues. With it taking too long to connect and in addition the glitchy sliders jumping 5-6db or more when trying to move them 1-2db. Very embarrassing when volume moves that fast. So easy to tell from the audience. Gotta fix this. I have 2 systems and it is The same on both. 😔
  • ronjronj Posts: 4
    Folks i contacted JBL support, working with Jonathan Z. Seems like a really good tech. He informed me that the Bluetooth connectivity issues are a known bug and there should be an update for this in a future firmware release, but I don’t know the timeline for that however.

he said he could not reproduce my other issue I’ve had since upgrading the firmware :”early limiting” issues where the limiting light flashes at volumes it really shouldn’t start limiting at. I have since sent him a video documenting some experiments I did at home that illustrate the problem hoping to hear back.
  • When the heck is this going to be fixed? Can’t we just revert back to the previous firmware, that worked WAY better than this version? C’mon JBL, do something! We’re professionals and you’re making us look like amateurs! Not a good thing to do to loyal JBL users! Grrrrrrrr.
  • I started selling all myJBL products because it is crickets on the subject of fixing these issues. Ive been told several times they are working on a fix but no update and no progress. I can’t be loyal to a brand that lets something this serious go unfixed. If the current software team can’t figure it out ,well maybe there should be some fresh eyes on the matter. Someone a bit more hungry and cares about saving their customer base. This happens too much when a company gets too big. Apple is another example. Their software has gotten way glitchy compared to earlier firmware. Seems like the bigger the company the less they care about the individual problem.
  • > @ronj said:
    > Folks i contacted JBL support, working with Jonathan Z. Seems like a really good tech. He informed me that the Bluetooth connectivity issues are a known bug and there should be an update for this in a future firmware release, but I don’t know the timeline for that however.
    >
    > he said he could not reproduce my other issue I’ve had since upgrading the firmware :”early limiting” issues where the limiting light flashes at volumes it really shouldn’t start limiting at. I have since sent him a video documenting some experiments I did at home that illustrate the problem hoping to hear back.

4 months is to long to wait. I had to sadly go with another brand. I’m so disappointed that I had to spend more money to buy the new systems because of this. I was not going to look unprofessional because of some glitchy firmware. Too many times I got looks from the audience because the vocal volume jumped and got too loud or too soft when trying to adjust the singer. I am a pro and this makes me look like a rookie. God forbid you turn your tablet screen off to save battery and then need to mute the FX in between songs. It is now as much as a 20 second wait until the speaker is found and accessible. PLEASE FIX THIS JBL!!!!!!!!!
  • mikeandmariemikeandmarie Posts: 4
    edited June 2023

Yoo hoo ..... tech support! Are you even listening? Don't blow us off. This is serious business to us. We trusted you for years to make quality products. We've purchased those products many times. When it came time for us to re-invest, we stuck with you. At least give us the professional courtesy of a response of some sort. Some of us have large followings, and if fellow musicians ask us if we're happy with our sound system, what do you think we're going to say? As in my previous post, at least let us revert back to the previous version that worked better than this abomination you've forced on us. And maybe hire some people away from EV, or Mackie, or whoever has there act together in the app department. We LOVE the unit. The app SUCKS. YOU are making us look BAD. Be a pro and do the right thing. FIX IT! PLEASE!

• Hey bsbarber73, what brand did you go with? Is the app solid? I'm about to make a switch too. This is nerve wracking for sure!

• TrevicusTrevicus Posts: 2
    Here to echo the sentiment of everyone else here. I was once a loyal JBL customer. I raved about them. However, I can safely say that I will never again buy another JBL product after trying to use the Eon One Mkii and the accompanying app. I am bewildered as to how they have gotten this so wrong. Its an all in one solution that does nothing but create problems. I have never been so embarrassed as a live performer than when trying to use this piece of kit. I didn’t like it before the firmware update but since March it is literally unusable. I will be selling in a few months if I don’t see a fix
  • I've been told my issue had been replicated but no firmware update, Aug23 reported. I'm on Android with Bluetooth 5 - tracks play but there's no sound until 3 seconds in, so I lose the start. Also, when using the app and audio playback on the same Tablet, there is a skip/glitch when the app goes to sleep and when it wakes up, again JBL are aware of this. I bought a £7.99 bluetooth receiver to overcome the delay but it's hardly the solution for a professional set up, and so sad as the convenience of being battery powered, the storage of the tower and decent built in effects are the only reasons I keep it. Come on JBL get the firmware sorted, surely it's not rocket science!
  • Update from August 23 - I have contacted Harman on these subjects several times and they assure me that they are addressing the issues. Nothing has happened so I am contacting trading standards, with the specific issues from this forum, which are contrary to their advertising claims.