Home Lexicon Software

Pcm native effects on macos Mojave install

Hello,
I work with macOs Mojave and I can no longer install PCM native effects'bundle. I have a message a bit like "unable to open Lexicon pcm native effects.pkg you should put the file in the trash" when I just downloaded it from the lexicon site.
Thanks for your help,
Arnaud

Comments

• redlyderedlyde Posts: 8

I have the same problem with LXP Native Reverb Bundle: ProTools said "failed to load plugins because they are not valid 64 bit aax plugins". I've downloaded the package and tried to reinstall but Mojave says "Unable to open LXP Native effects.pkg. You should move the file to the trash." I've downloaded again and got the same message again.
    Thanks for your help.

• For me Protools said error AAE 7054 but PCM Reverb bundle install and works correctly. The problem is only with PCM effects bundle...

If I open any PT session including LXP plugin I have the same AAE error message and LXP plugin is inactive... I don't want to upgrade to PCM just for this...

• I just install a previous version and install seems working...
    But when i open protools do not have the plugins. I can open them (beta version) with blue cat audio patchwork and AU version

You don't have the plugins in ProTools because previous version (1.2.1) contains only VST, AU and RTAS plugins, and not AAX, but ProTools (12.8 and newer) supports only 64 bit AAX plugins...
    BUT!!! I have an older Mac Mini with Mac OS Yosemite (10.10.5) and I tried to isntall the plugin on that machine: the last LXP installer (1.2.2) works fine and all LXP plugins are working with ProTools 12.8 as well.

I think there is some licence validation/expiration issue between some of Lexicon plugins and Mac OS Mojave, so Lexicon/Harman guys, if you read this post, please let us know the solution... Thanks...

Using the Terminal I've modified the attributes of the setup pkg with the "xattr -cr /path/to/application.pkg" command and now I can run the setup pkg, but I get the error message: "Unable to run LXP Native Reverb Bundle setup.pkg because its digital signature is invalid." So my thought in my previous comment is real: there is a licence expiration issue between Harman/Lexicon and Apple...

• jechengjecheng Posts: 1

I have the exactly same problem and emailed the customer support team few days ago...no reply from them yet...

• PierreMPierreM Posts: 13

Just got Lexicon support on the phone. It is identified as a critical issue affecting Mojave and Catalina users. They are working on a fix. The issue is affecting installers and plugins. In my case plugins were working fine but stopped loading a couple days ago.

• nonolepianononolepiano Posts: 6

Yes, answer from Lexicon this morning :

Hello Arnaud,

Unfortunately as of now there is an issue with the plugins, some background is that it was originally reported by many users as of 2/26/20. It is related to a Mac security update and a security certificate for our LXP Native Reverb Bundle and PCM Native Effects Bundle, mostly affecting ProTools users on OS 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina), but can affect other Mac OS versions and software DAW's.

We have escalated this to our engineering team to resolve ASAP. We know this is high impact and affecting a lot of users of our plugin. Unfortunately I have no exact ETA/Schedule or timetable estimates for a fix at this time, nor do I have any workarounds as of now. All I can suggest is to keep checking the website for software updates in the meantime. With how serious the issue is, it could be imminent. We've definitely let our managers/supervisors as well as the development team know how serious and impacting this issue is and some sort of address or fix is needed. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

-Eric

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 356

Hey guys, thanks for everyone's patience. We've definitely made the engineers aware, and we're pinging them daily and in tech support, we really take your concerns seriously and echo them to the appropriate departments. I wish there was something personally we could do but we have to put it in to the process. Our company takes all these concerns seriously

I use these plugins too so I feel the pain as well, not just a company man here.

Still no schedule or ETA but we will try to update everyone ASAP.

@nonolepiano said:
    I just install a previous version and install seems working...
    But when i open protools do not have the plugins. I can open them (beta version) with blue cat audio patchwork and AU version

Good info, thanks for letting us know!

edited March 5

Hi There,

Quick update on a potential workaround for AU/VST users initially mentioned by @nonolepiano

Go to the product page and instead of downloading the lastest version download the previous one.

Delete all existing plugins (AU, VST, AAX) from their respective folders.

Install the previous version (you'll have to authorize it from system preferences/security). For me it is working in Logic. Versions are labeled as beta so I still need to assess if any issue with the reverb.

For ProTools users unfortunately the AAX is not part of the previous package so the only way would be to load the AU using BlueCat audio.

Regards,

Pierre

• Glenn98827Glenn98827 Posts: 1

I'm also having this issue. Just discovered it today as I went to revise a set of mixes for a film.

• rickosoundrickosound Posts: 2

Same problem here (PCM Total Bundle). Opened an existing Pro Tools 2019.10 session (Mojave) to tweak a mix for a client - PT could only load one Lexicon AAX plugin. It then generated an AAE error and all remaining Lexicon plugin instances were disabled - and can't be enabled. Same issue on an empty session: the first Lexicon plugin is fine, the next generates an AAE error and the additional plugin is disabled and can't be enabled.

Any update on when this will be fixed?

Thanks
    Richard

No updates or ETA for a schedule or a fix, but the escalation is in and we hope for a resolution soon. I am pinging them daily

Thanks @HARMAN_EElde .

• cyrillecyrille Posts: 1

Same problem here. Was trying to tweak a mix for a client and my LXP native room does not work anymore : (

Cyrille

They're working on it! Stay vigilant folks!

• Thanks a lot to Harman Support Team, me too I have the same issue on LPX Reverb Bundle (aax) using PT 2019.12 and Catilina latest version. Look forward for some solution. Cheers. BTW stay at home and be safe all ;)

• analogjeffanalogjeff Posts: 3

What's the update on their promised fix of Feb. 28, some 23 days ago?! I own both the PCM Native Reverb Bundle and the PCM Native Effects Bundle, and neither now work on my desktop machine, which runs Mojave 10.14.5 and has 128G RAM. I get an AAE error message 7054 and a note telling me my computer has insufficient resources to run the plugins. They've worked fine for years on that machine! I do filmscoring and am in the middle of two projects, one in the mixing stage and another in the composing stage, and my template includes both Vintage Plate and Hall reverbs.

Interestingly, all the plugins in the two bundles run just fine on my laptop, which I've been using while away from home for the last month. That machine is a Macbook Pro 2017 15" and is running Sierra 10.12.6. I've read above what the issue is, so c'mon Harman, please get your stuff together on this!!! Lots of us out here have lost faith in Harman's "commitment" to the Lexicon line, and we're either switching to other verbs or looking at demoing alternatives, even though, yes, we do love the Lexicon plugins. Ack!!!

• @analogjeff said:
    What's the update on their promised fix of Feb. 28, some 23 days ago?! I own both the PCM Native Reverb Bundle and the PCM Native Effects Bundle, and neither now work on my desktop machine, which runs Mojave 10.14.5 and has 128G RAM. I get an AAE error message 7054 and a note telling me my computer has insufficient resources to run the plugins. They've worked fine for years on that machine! I do filmscoring and am in the middle of two projects, one in the mixing stage and another in the composing stage, and my template includes both Vintage Plate and Hall reverbs.

Interestingly, all the plugins in the two bundles run just fine on my laptop, which I've been using while away from home for the last month. That machine is a Macbook Pro 2017 15" and is running Sierra 10.12.6. I've read above what the issue is, so c'mon Harman, please get your stuff together on this!!! Lots of us out here have lost faith in Harman's "commitment" to the Lexicon line, and we're either switching to other verbs or looking at demoing alternatives, even though, yes, we do love the Lexicon plugins. Ack!!!

As I knew from Harman, the issue concerns Catilina OS, not allowing old 32 bit AAX plugins. Me too I'm looking forward for 64 bit version of LPX Reverb Bundle. So far nothing happened, sadly! :(

• rickosoundrickosound Posts: 2

Unfortunately the issue is occurring on macOS Mojave 10.14.5 for me.

@analogjeff said:

Apologies, but you must be mistaken, we never promised a fix for the date of February 28th - we have maintained that the status of schedule or ETA is not known for the fix. That remains to be the case, it is being worked on, unfortunately I do not have exact schedule or ETA and that has not changed.

@BeppeCapozza said:

As I knew from Harman, the issue concerns Catilina OS, not allowing old 32 bit AAX plugins. Me too I'm looking forward for 64 bit version of LPX Reverb Bundle. So far nothing happened, sadly! :(

That is incorrect, the plugins are 64Bit. This issue is due to a security certificate of the software itself that is being enforced from Apple, and we are working on getting it resolved from them.

@rickosound said:
    Unfortunately the issue is occurring on macOS Mojave 10.14.5 for me.

It has not been resolved yet as i have stated, hang tough in the meantime, it will be fixed.

• > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > (Quote)
    > Apologies, but you must be mistaken, we never promised a fix for the date of February 28th - we have maintained that the status of schedule or ETA is not known for the fix. That remains to be the case, it is being worked on, unfortunately I do not have exact schedule or ETA and that has not changed.
    >
    > (Quote)
    > That is incorrect, the plugins are 64Bit. This issue is due to a security certificate of the software itself that is being enforced from Apple, and we are working on getting it resolved from them.
  • > @BeppeCapozza said:
    > > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > Apologies, but you must be mistaken, we never promised a fix for the date of February 28th - we have maintained that the status of schedule or ETA is not known for the fix. That remains to be the case, it is being worked on, unfortunately I do not have exact schedule or ETA and that has not changed.
    > >
    > > (Quote)
    > > That is incorrect, the plugins are 64Bit. This issue is due to a security certificate of the software itself that is being enforced from Apple, and we are working on getting it resolved from them.
    I said that the plugin is a 32 bit following what the Italy Representant of Harman wrote to me on this issue. BTW I tried many times to contact the Harman Customer Care without receiving any answer so far. Guess that this is incorrect too .... don’t you agree dear Eelde? 😞
  • I said that the plugin is a 32 bit following what the Italy Representant of Harman wrote to me on this issue. BTW I tried many times to contact the Harman Customer Care without receiving any answer so far. Guess that this is incorrect too Eelde ???

@BeppeCapozza said:
    I said that the plugin is a 32 bit following what the Italy Representant of Harman wrote to me on this issue. BTW I tried many times to contact the Harman Customer Care without receiving any answer so far. Guess that this is incorrect too Eelde ???

Understood and thanks for the info, but my point being is that they are mistaken and that is not accurate information whoever told you that. I am not sure who that is, but this is probably the distributor in Italy who is not part of the Harman organization I assume? Feel free to provide me their original contact email and I will contact them to let them know they have inaccurate information.

Customer Care is not the contact for Tech Support and usually will forward the emails onto us directly, but with anything if they do not follow through properly then communications can be lost. Please contact us directly.

For future reference
    US Tech Support Email: [email protected]
    EU Tech Support Email: [email protected]

• I said that the plugin is a 32 bit following what the Italy Representant of Harman wrote to me on this issue. BTW I tried many times to contact the Harman Customer Care without receiving any answer so far. Guess that this is incorrect too Eelde ???> @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > (Quote)
    > Understood and thanks for the info, but my point being is that they are mistaken and that is not accurate information whoever told you that. I am not sure who that is, but this is probably the distributor in Italy who is not part of the Harman organization I assume? Feel free to provide me their original contact email and I will contact them to let them know they have inaccurate information.
    >
    > Customer Care is not the contact for Tech Support and usually will forward the emails onto us directly, but with anything if they do not follow through properly then communications can be lost. Please contact us directly.
    >
    > For future reference
    > US Tech Support Email: [email protected]
    > EU Tech Support Email: [email protected]

[email protected] This the address whom I sent my mail, not receiving answer back from Harman. Thanks.

@BeppeCapozza said:
    I said that the plugin is a 32 bit following what the Italy Representant of Harman wrote to me on this issue. BTW I tried many times to contact the Harman Customer Care without receiving any answer so far. Guess that this is incorrect too Eelde ???> @HARMAN_EElde said:

(Quote)
    Understood and thanks for the info, but my point being is that they are mistaken and that is not accurate information whoever told you that. I am not sure who that is, but this is probably the distributor in Italy who is not part of the Harman organization I assume? Feel free to provide me their original contact email and I will contact them to let them know they have inaccurate information.

Customer Care is not the contact for Tech Support and usually will forward the emails onto us directly, but with anything if they do not follow through properly then communications can be lost. Please contact us directly.

For future reference
    US Tech Support Email: [email protected]
    EU Tech Support Email: [email protected]

[email protected] This the address whom I sent my mail, not receiving answer back from Harman. Thanks.

Thank you I will reach out to them. As for not getting a response from Harman - let me know what email you contacted as well.

I have provided you the direct Tech Support Emails, for US and EU so please update your contacts. We answer all communications within 24 hours on business days (Monday thru Friday 8:00am thru 6pm US CDT time, I assume EMEA is the same hours just GMT-0). You can always reach me here as well. I check the forums at least once every 24 hours. Sometimes on the weekends.