Home Lexicon Software

Pcm native effects on macos Mojave install

Comments

• > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > (Quote)
    > Thank you I will reach out to them. As for not getting a response from Harman - let me know what email you contacted as well.
    >
    > I have provided you the direct Tech Support Emails, for US and EU so please update your contacts. We answer all communications within 24 hours on business days (Monday thru Friday 8:00am thru 6pm US CDT time, I assume EMEA is the same hours just GMT-0). You can always reach me here as well. I check the forums at least once every 24 hours. Sometimes on the weekends.
    I wrote several time to: [email protected] Never got answer from them so far. I’m really disappointed for this issue. Also I downloaded The demo version of PCM Reverb and that Works fine with Catilina 2020.
  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

@BeppeCapozza said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    (Quote)
    Thank you I will reach out to them. As for not getting a response from Harman - let me know what email you contacted as well.

I have provided you the direct Tech Support Emails, for US and EU so please update your contacts. We answer all communications within 24 hours on business days (Monday thru Friday 8:00am thru 6pm US CDT time, I assume EMEA is the same hours just GMT-0). You can always reach me here as well. I check the forums at least once every 24 hours. Sometimes on the weekends.

I wrote several time to: [email protected] Never got answer from them so far. I’m really disappointed for this issue. Also I downloaded The demo version of PCM Reverb and that Works fine with Catilina 2020.

[email protected] has been decommissioned since 2018, we were monitoring it in the transition but I am not sure if that is the case any longer - I'll reiterate to update your email contacts. Do not use [email protected], please use:

US Tech Support Email: [email protected]
    EU Tech Support Email: [email protected]

The Contact form at the Lexicon Website also works to get through to us as well - https://lexiconpro.com/support/tech_support?geo=us

PCM Native Reverb has not had much issues, mostly LXP Native Reverb and PCM Effects bundles.
    The issue will be resolved, just do not have any schedule or ETA, we appreciate your patience. Please keep an eye out for the updates, it could be any day now.

• PierreMPierreM Posts: 15
    edited March 26

@HARMAN_EElde Thanks for your feedback. At some point it'd be great to know if we still can rely on your products. I appreciate this issue might take some time to resolve but if I didn't had the workaround of using the previous version I'd have been in trouble and a lot of money would have been at risk.

This is something that needs to be clear as your plugins are used by a lot of pros and so far support has just told me that the engineers are working on a fix, no news even if I have a case opened.

IMHO Also working in the software industry and considering the previous version is working fine it should not take so long to have at least a workaround version.

Best,

Pierre

@PierreM said:
    @HARMAN_EElde Thanks for your feedback. At some point it'd be great to know if we still can rely on your products. I appreciate this issue might take some time to resolve but if I didn't had the workaround of using the previous version I'd have been in trouble and a lot of money would have been at risk.

This is something that needs to be clear as your plugins are used by a lot of pros and so far support has just told me that the engineers are working on a fix, no news even if I have a case opened.

IMHO Also working in the software industry and considering the previous version is working fine it should not take so long to have at least a workaround version.

Best,

Pierre

Hello Pierre - we do not open or create Tech Support cases for forum posts. You will need to contact tech support to have a case created. We have a high number of cases for customers who have contacted us directly and escalated every case, I would recommend doing so if you have not. We just had a meeting on this today and it is absolutely being worked on. I understand the fix is not as soon as you would like but it is being worked on. If we had a workaround, we would post an official one but as of now, there is nothing conclusive that has fixed the issue. The previous version is not working for everyone, only a few have had some success.

Trust me, It is not a flippant response, it is being fixed, our engineers are well aware of it and working on it, we are taking it seriously but I would rather be honest and say the fix is not ready yet, rather than give ETA/schedule without that fix in place and set an expectation that is not able to be delivered on. It is not a lack of caring or taking the issue seriously. A lot of customers are impacted by this, and it will be resolved, as well as some other fixes for the software. We appreciate your continued patience.

Thanks for you answer @HARMAN_EElde.

I contacted support via phone 2 days after the issue started and then opened a support case through the website.

In the meantime as you’ve seen I found some kind of workaround and shared it in the forums.

Fingers crossed that we could get a fix anytime soon.

Best,

Pierre

@PierreM said:
    Thanks for you answer @HARMAN_EElde.

I contacted support via phone 2 days after the issue started and then opened a support case through the website.

In the meantime as you’ve seen I found some kind of workaround and shared it in the forums.

Fingers crossed that we could get a fix anytime soon.

Best,

Pierre

Understood, yes I looked up your contact under name Pierre M and found a case for you TSC-00127223 and it has been escalated on 3/2 when you talked to Preston. If you call in you absolutely will have a case created. We do send a follow up when the case has been closed with your case information, but since this is an ongoing case and escalation, you would have not received it yet.

Again it was appreciated you sent workaround information on this forum. A great reason we have these forums is community solutions. Unfortunately, it has worked for 1 other customer I have personally dealt with, and about 5 that it did not unfortunately. My colleagues have had similar results. So while it's something absolutely worth trying, it's not conclusive enough to work to be an "official" workaround as of now. It's also not just a simple matter of taking what worked in the previous version and porting it to the latest version unfortunately. If that was the case it this would have been fixed sooner.

• @HARMAN_EElde said:

@BeppeCapozza said:
    I said that the plugin is a 32 bit following what the Italy Representant of Harman wrote to me on this issue. BTW I tried many times to contact the Harman Customer Care without receiving any answer so far. Guess that this is incorrect too Eelde ???> @HARMAN_EElde said:

(Quote)
    Understood and thanks for the info, but my point being is that they are mistaken and that is not accurate information whoever told you that. I am not sure who that is, but this is probably the distributor in Italy who is not part of the Harman organization I assume? Feel free to provide me their original contact email and I will contact them to let them know they have inaccurate information.

Customer Care is not the contact for Tech Support and usually will forward the emails onto us directly, but with anything if they do not follow through properly then communications can be lost. Please contact us directly.

For future reference
    US Tech Support Email: [email protected]
    EU Tech Support Email: [email protected]

[email protected] This the address whom I sent my mail, not receiving answer back from Harman. Thanks.

Thank you I will reach out to them. As for not getting a response from Harman - let me know what email you contacted as well.

I have provided you the direct Tech Support Emails, for US and EU so please update your contacts. We answer all communications within 24 hours on business days (Monday thru Friday 8:00am thru 6pm US CDT time, I assume EMEA is the same hours just GMT-0). You can always reach me here as well. I check the forums at least once every 24 hours. Sometimes on the weekends.

I sent today a mail to:
    [email protected]
    Looking forward for a quick answer back from them. Thanks a lot, cheers, Beppe Capozza - Rome (Italy)

edited March 27

@BeppeCapozza said:

I sent today a mail to:
    [email protected]
    Looking forward for a quick answer back from them. Thanks a lot, cheers, Beppe Capozza - Rome (Italy)

No problem. I believe they have responded to you already. (it's morning hours in the US here now)

• redlyderedlyde Posts: 13

Hi HARMAN_EElde,
    I think this issue is not an IT-engineering/software-coding issue because all bundles were working perfectly on OSX 10.14 Mojave from May 03, 2019 to February 24, 2020. I think this is a simple financial issue: Apple wants to get more money for the signed certificate than Lexicon/Harman/Samsung would like to pay...
    I've suspended some postprods hoping this issue will be resolved soon but life goes on and my clients are increasingly impatient, so I'm very sad to say this: if nothing happens for a week from now I will have to move all my Lexicon plugins to the trash. :-(
    I think if they are not in hurry, Lexicon/Harman will loose the majority of satisfied customers in a short time... :-(

• @redlyde said:
    Hi HARMAN_EElde,
    I think this issue is not an IT-engineering/software-coding issue because all bundles were working perfectly on OSX 10.14 Mojave from May 03, 2019 to February 24, 2020. I think this is a simple financial issue: Apple wants to get more money for the signed certificate than Lexicon/Harman/Samsung would like to pay...
    I've suspended some postprods hoping this issue will be resolved soon but life goes on and my clients are increasingly impatient, so I'm very sad to say this: if nothing happens for a week from now I will have to move all my Lexicon plugins to the trash. :-(
    I think if they are not in hurry, Lexicon/Harman will loose the majority of satisfied customers in a short time... :-(

I may agree with you about that @redlyde , but I noticed that otherwise both MPX and PCM reverb Bundles are normally working with Catilina OS, PT 2019.20 and Logic Pro X Softwares. Actually it seems to me that this issue only concerns LPX Native Reverb Bundle, and this sounds really strange to me too. Lets see what will happen this week, cheers.

@redlyde said:
    Hi HARMAN_EElde,

This is not an accurate assumption at all. It is not an issue or anything to do with us paying Apple to get it to work. We understand you are frustrated and need or want to use the plugins, but if you cannot find a previous version of the Mac OS to use in the meantime, that is understandable you need to find a solution to finish your work.

@BeppeCapozza said:

I may agree with you about that @redlyde , but I noticed that otherwise both MPX and PCM reverb Bundles are normally working with Catilina OS, PT 2019.20 and Logic Pro X Softwares. Actually it seems to me that this issue only concerns LPX Native Reverb Bundle, and this sounds really strange to me too. Lets see what will happen this week, cheers.

it is also affecting PCM Native Effects Bundle, not just LXP Native Reverb Bundle

• @HARMAN_EElde said:

@redlyde said:
    Hi HARMAN_EElde,

This is not an accurate assumption at all. It is not an issue or anything to do with us paying Apple to get it to work. We understand you are frustrated and need or want to use the plugins, but if you cannot find a previous version of the Mac OS to use in the meantime, that is understandable you need to find a solution to finish your work.

@BeppeCapozza said:

it is also affecting PCM Native Effects Bundle, not just LXP Native Reverb Bundle

Well I talk about the plugins that I own and tried on my platforms lol ;)

edited March 31

Understood, but other people might read this that have the same issue with PCM Effects, my comment is for their benefit as well

@HARMAN_EElde,
    Yes, maybe I'm not right, but I cannot find any other rational reason: why and how can become a software/plugin invalid and prohibited instantly if the software environment has not changed?

• @redlyde said:
    @HARMAN_EElde,
    Yes, maybe I'm not right, but I cannot find any other rational reason: why and how can become a software/plugin invalid and prohibited instantly if the software environment has not changed?

actually this is strange to me too lol ;)

edited March 31

@redlyde said:
    @HARMAN_EElde,

I can tell you that it is not an issue of us having to pay Apple and that we are being stubborn as to not pay them. That is 100% not the issue. The issue is that Mac has updated security requirements for certificates on their side, but it is not a matter of just adding a new certificate very quick and simple, and it is fixed, if that was the case it would have been fixed a lot sooner. The certificate process takes time to create, test and update. That is all. I'm sure the COVID19 issues currently in the world are not helping things go quicker or sooner on that process either.

We understand customers need to use the plugins, they are frustrated by the time it is taking, but it is not a matter of not caring or not trying to fix it, it's a matter of that it takes time to fix. We appreciate the patience of our customers, and we do understand you need to get work done and if you need to make other arrangements or use other plugins, we understand that as well. I can only reiterate that the issue will be fixed, maybe not helpful to your timeline or work schedule, but it will be fixed.

@HARMAN_EElde said:

I can tell you that it is not an issue of us having to pay Apple and that we are being stubborn as to not pay them. That is 100% not the issue. The issue is that Mac has updated security requirements for certificates on their side, but it is not a matter of just adding a new certificate very quick and simple, and it is fixed, if that was the case it would have been fixed a lot sooner. The certificate process takes time to create, test and update. That is all. I'm sure the COVID19 issues currently in the world are not helping things go quicker or sooner on that process either.

We understand customers need to use the plugins, they are frustrated by the time it is taking, but it is not a matter of not caring or not trying to fix it, it's a matter of that it takes time to fix. We appreciate the patience of our customers, and we do understand you need to get work done and if you need to make other arrangements or use other plugins, we understand that as well. I can only reiterate that the issue will be fixed, maybe not helpful to your timeline or work schedule, but it will be fixed.

Yes, I understand all of these, but the question is still alive: why and how can become a software/plugin invalid and prohibited instantly if the software environment has not changed? All automatic updates are switched off on my studio Mac by default: I always use manual updates with approx. one year delay, for stability reasons...

@redlyde said:
    @HARMAN_EElde said:

Yes, I understand all of these, but the question is still alive: why and how can become a software/plugin invalid and prohibited instantly if the software environment has not changed? All automatic updates are switched off on my studio Mac by default: I always use manual updates with approx. one year delay, for stability reasons...

Certificates are set by date by enforcement, Mac has baked that into their newer OS (10.14, 10.15) to not allow certificates that did not comply with their OS requirement for a certificate. In the past you could simply force Mac to install or use a software to bypass this certificate check. They have removed that ability in this case. Updates automatic or not would not have affected the issue at the end of the day.

Look, we can back and forth on the issue of why it does not work, vs why it does. Understanding the issue does not make the resolution happen sooner in any case. If this is just to become a sounding board for peoples discontent that the plugins do not work, then maybe that is all it will devolve into unfortunately.

Like I said, the issue is known, it is being fixed and we know that it will be a matter of making everyone happy when it is fixed, and that they will not be happy until it is. I hope it is soon, but I can't personally make it go quicker. All I can do is just reiterate once again, no schedule, ETA, date is known for when it will be fixed. Totally understood that is not a good enough expectation, but nonetheless, it's all the information I have. I ping them daily for updates and no updates to report unfortunately

• @HARMAN_EElde said:
    Look, we can back and forth on the issue of why it does not work, vs why it does. Understanding the issue does not make the resolution happen sooner in any case. If this is just to become a sounding board for peoples discontent that the plugins do not work, then maybe that is all it will devolve into unfortunately.

Like I said, the issue is known, it is being fixed and we know that it will be a matter of making everyone happy when it is fixed, and that they will not be happy until it is. I hope it is soon, but I can't personally make it go quicker. All I can do is just reiterate once again, no schedule, ETA, date is known for when it will be fixed. Totally understood that is not a good enough expectation, but nonetheless, it's all the information I have. I ping them daily for updates and no updates to report unfortunately

Well maybe I good idea could be, concerning also the worst days that we all are spending worldwide cause of Coronavirus, to give all his customers from Harman the chance to have in change the chance of downloading the PCM versions of Reverbs and Bundles without any cost for us, at least until the issue shall be solved. Don't You think that as well would be nice for Harman ? ;) Cheers.

@HARMAN_EElde,
    Many thanks for your hard work, and I apologise if I said anything hurt you (I didn't want), but Harman/Lexicon should know this and had more than half a year to fix this.
    I agree with @BeppeCapozza, it would be a great thing to give a PCM Reverb Bundle compensation licence to customers affected by this issue...

Email me via [email protected] so you don't need to post any contact info here. Just put my name in the subject of the email and note that you are trying to reach me directly. Thanks.

• @HARMAN_EElde said:
    Email me via [email protected] so you don't need to post any contact info here. Just put my name in the subject of the email and note that you are trying to reach me directly. Thanks.

I sent to You my mail msg right now. Thanks ;) Cheers.

• analogjeffanalogjeff Posts: 8

I'm WELL aware a fix wasn't promised FOR Feb. 28. It was promised ON that date. And I do understand what the problem is. But it's now been over a month that the problem has existed and that a fix has been promised. Just saying... About to start mixing a PBS documentary in the next couple of days and will probably work on it for about a week to 10 days. I've had to spend a number of hours sorting out my replacement reverbs for the Lex stuff I use. Pain in the ass, and not exactly the sound I've loved and used for many years, but I'll make do, and then who knows what. Lots of better and bigger time engineers than I have given up on Harman's lack of commitment to the Lex plugins... damn...

• BeppeCapozzaBeppeCapozza Posts: 23

@BeppeCapozza said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Hello @HARMAN_EElde ,
    I received a mail back not from You, as I expected, but from Mr. Karr Preston quoting the following statement: "Unfortunately the security certificate caught up with the other plugins and they are all now affected by the same issue. None of the plugins are working on the Mac OS computers at the moment."
    I really don't understand this, What does it means????? I downloaded the demos version of PCM and MPX Reverb Bundles and all worked fine so far!
    hum....me and all the other customers need NOW a clear explanation please! Thanks.

Yes it seems we are failing to get a proper answer on why there is such an issue. Older PCM Bundle version is still working as well on Catalina, at least for me.

@analogjeff said:
    I'm WELL aware a fix wasn't promised FOR Feb. 28. It was promised ON that date. And I do understand what the problem is. But it's now been over a month that the problem has existed and that a fix has been promised. Just saying... About to start mixing a PBS documentary in the next couple of days and will probably work on it for about a week to 10 days. I've had to spend a number of hours sorting out my replacement reverbs for the Lex stuff I use. Pain in the ass, and not exactly the sound I've loved and used for many years, but I'll make do, and then who knows what. Lots of better and bigger time engineers than I have given up on Harman's lack of commitment to the Lex plugins... damn...

Understood, thanks for clarifying, your original statement I misunderstood then as I thought you meant that you were expecting a fix for that date. I can only tell you what I told everyone else. The fix will happen, just not sure exactly when. I realize that alone is everyone's frustration and I echo it daily to advocate on the plugins users behalf. Of course it's completely understood you have to make other arrangements. As I've stated before, I use the plugins as well, I've moved onto other plugins in the meantime. Unfortunately no workaround exists. I've made them well aware of the faith in the brand is diminishing the longer it takes, but I can't do much more personally other than that.

@BeppeCapozza said:

@BeppeCapozza said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Hello @HARMAN_EElde ,
    I received a mail back not from You, as I expected, but from Mr. Karr Preston quoting the following statement: "Unfortunately the security certificate caught up with the other plugins and they are all now affected by the same issue. None of the plugins are working on the Mac OS computers at the moment."
    I really don't understand this, What does it means????? I downloaded the demos version of PCM and MPX Reverb Bundles and all worked fine so far!
    hum....me and all the other customers need NOW a clear explanation please! Thanks.

I talked to Preston, he was misunderstood that it is a new case intended for me. I am taking care of it. Other users have had some issues with the plugins but that was isolated to other DAW's and platforms. Disregard.

I will respond to you via email shortly. Thanks.

• BeppeCapozzaBeppeCapozza Posts: 23

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@analogjeff said:

Understood, thanks for clarifying, your original statement I misunderstood then as I thought you meant that you were expecting a fix for that date. I can only tell you what I told everyone else. The fix will happen, just not sure exactly when. I realize that alone is everyone's frustration and I echo it daily to advocate on the plugins users behalf. Of course it's completely understood you have to make other arrangements. As I've stated before, I use the plugins as well, I've moved onto other plugins in the meantime. Unfortunately no workaround exists. I've made them well aware of the faith in the brand is diminishing the longer it takes, but I can't do much more personally other than that.

@BeppeCapozza said:

@BeppeCapozza said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Hello @HARMAN_EElde ,

I talked to Preston, he was misunderstood that it is a new case intended for me. I am taking care of it. Other users have had some issues with the plugins but that was isolated to other DAW's and platforms. Disregard.

Thanks a lot HARMAN_EElde, look forward for that actually, regards, Beppe (Giuseppe) Capozza.

@BeppeCapozza said:

Thanks a lot HARMAN_EElde, look forward for that actually, regards, Beppe (Giuseppe) Capozza.

Email has been sent. Thanks.

• nonolepianononolepiano Posts: 6

Hello.
    I understand that you are working on this problem.
    however, this being very prejudicial, could you give us an estimate of the delay before an update? Of course, I understand that the current health situation does not help ...
    I do not regret having a pcm96 in my rack at the moment ... To meditate for all those who swear by plugins ...
    In any case it's not very serious given the price of plugins ... I hope that if it were to last, a commercial gesture can be made ...