Home Lexicon Software

Pcm native effects on macos Mojave install

135

Comments

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @nonolepiano said:
    Hello.
    I understand that you are working on this problem.
    however, this being very prejudicial, could you give us an estimate of the delay before an update? Of course, I understand that the current health situation does not help ...
    I do not regret having a pcm96 in my rack at the moment ... To meditate for all those who swear by plugins ...
    In any case it's not very serious given the price of plugins ... I hope that if it were to last, a commercial gesture can be made ...

    I'm not able or authorized to make any sort of estimate on Schedule/ETA unfortunately. If I set any sort of expectation and it is not met then it does not at all help people waiting for the plugin fix.

    As soon as it is near or a fix is close be sure I will make sure to note it here.

  • valeavvaleav Posts: 2

    Just to Confirm ...The LXP issue is with OS High Sierra too...
    Please notify me when its sorted..

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @valeav said:
    Just to Confirm ...The LXP issue is with OS High Sierra too...
    Please notify me when its sorted..

    You cannot uninstall/reinstall on High Sierra? We've heard of a few customers having that but resolved it will install still when you force to install the certificate.

    If you're still having issues please contact tech support (contact is in signature)

    Also make sure to sign up for the Newsletter for announcements:
    https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

  • analogjeffanalogjeff Posts: 8

    Harman_EElde, You said: "As I've stated before, I use the plugins as well, I've moved onto other plugins in the meantime. Unfortunately no workaround exists. I've made them well aware of the faith in the brand is diminishing the longer it takes, but I can't do much more personally other than that."

    Soooo, what are you using to replace the Lex Hall verb, please? And the Vintage Plate verb? Thanks!

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @analogjeff said:
    Harman_EElde, You said: "As I've stated before, I use the plugins as well, I've moved onto other plugins in the meantime. Unfortunately no workaround exists. I've made them well aware of the faith in the brand is diminishing the longer it takes, but I can't do much more personally other than that."

    Soooo, what are you using to replace the Lex Hall verb, please? And the Vintage Plate verb? Thanks!

    I like the Valhalla Verbs. With a little tweaking I get them pretty close!

  • bobdaspitbobdaspit Posts: 2

    Totally unhelpful, I know - but I'm one more user with the same issue trying to install LXP on Mojave.

    I had a client send me a session with those plugins, and I needed to replicate his setup.

    My workaround was to back down to Yosemite 10.10.5 / Pro Tools 11.3.1

    Will be nice when the new version is ready, though - thanks for paying attention to the issue @Harman_EElde!

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @bobdaspit said:
    Totally unhelpful, I know - but I'm one more user with the same issue trying to install LXP on Mojave.

    I had a client send me a session with those plugins, and I needed to replicate his setup.

    My workaround was to back down to Yosemite 10.10.5 / Pro Tools 11.3.1

    Will be nice when the new version is ready, though - thanks for paying attention to the issue @Harman_EElde!

    Hey your reporting is helpful nonetheless! Any potential setup and insight for possible workaround info is appreciated.

  • sus453sus453 Posts: 1

    It is now April 15, 2020, and I'm still unable to install the LXP Native Reverb bundle. How many months has it been now? My feeling, perhaps uninformed, is that this is a problem that, if the engineers really work on that instead of something else (car stereos?), the problem could be fixed.

    Thanks for keeping us informed, but the natives are getting restless.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @sus453 said:
    It is now April 15, 2020, and I'm still unable to install the LXP Native Reverb bundle. How many months has it been now? My feeling, perhaps uninformed, is that this is a problem that, if the engineers really work on that instead of something else (car stereos?), the problem could be fixed.

    Thanks for keeping us informed, but the natives are getting restless.

    1.5 Months now. Not optimal under any circumstances, especially now, but I'm assured that the fix is coming soon. Trust me I'm advocating on your behalf everyday, every piece of feedback I get here gets forwarded to the appropriate parties internally, they know that the customers are not pleased with the amount of time this is taking to fix it. As soon as I have more concrete fix expectation timeline info I will impart that to everyone. I can assure you that I am just as eager to see this resolved as anyone else.

  • Hello this is Luis Utrilla and I have problems since almost 3 months with PCM total bundle, still not possible to install it.

  • redlyderedlyde Posts: 13

    I think all ProTools users should forget all AAX plugins made by Lexicon... :'( I can't believe that 2 months are not enough to fix this certificate issue... :(

    Note.: all plugins were working fine on Catalina and Mojave as well up to 24th Feb. 2020...
    Q.: What happened on that day?
    A.: Certificate given by Apple has expired.
    Conclusion: Lexicon should ask Apple to renew the certificate. Thats all.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735
    edited April 24

    @redlyde said:
    I think all ProTools users should forget all AAX plugins made by Lexicon... :'( I can't believe that 2 months are not enough to fix this certificate issue... :(

    Note.: all plugins were working fine on Catalina and Mojave as well up to 24th Feb. 2020...
    Q.: What happened on that day?
    A.: Certificate given by Apple has expired.
    Conclusion: Lexicon should ask Apple to renew the certificate. Thats all.

    I wish it were a simple matter of just "renewing a certificate" truth is, the installers have to be rebuilt, some other considerations and then tested, unfortunately it's not a simple matter or it would have been fixed a lot sooner. I don't have any other way I can put this for you.

    Like I have stated previously, it's understandable if you need to move onto other plugins. We will process a refund for customers that no longer wish to wait. At that point you will be effectively giving up the license.

    Other things that will be fixed down the road you may want to hang on a little longer.

    VST3 support, no longer needing a hardware iLok USB Key. If we lose your business now maybe later on you'll reconsider.

    Fix will be provided soon, until it is, this is where it is folks. Nothing new to report.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735
    edited April 24

    @wichobataco said:
    Hello this is Luis Utrilla and I have problems since almost 3 months with PCM total bundle, still not possible to install it.

    Not sure what your specific problem with the plugins was at that time, but I am not so sure it is related to the same issue as there were absolutely 0 reports of this specific issue 3 months ago. (which would have been in January). Nonetheless, we encourage people to reach out to tech support when they have issues for assistance always first and foremost.

  • HoraMoriorHoraMorior Posts: 1

    I assume there has been no progress with a solution for this problem?

    What is the most efficient way to get a refund processed for my plugins?

  • studiotonstudioton Posts: 5

    may 18 .. no fix ? what is going on with Lexicon ?

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735
    edited May 18

    @HoraMorior said:
    I assume there has been no progress with a solution for this problem?

    What is the most efficient way to get a refund processed for my plugins?

    @studioton said:
    may 18 .. no fix ? what is going on with Lexicon ?

    No updates to report as of now, but it is being worked on, the installers are being rebuilt and tested. It will be fixed, but no schedule ETA or dates yet no.

    If you bought the Plugins from the Lexicon Store directly (http://store.lexiconpro.com) please send an email to [email protected] with your iLok Account User ID and your Lexicon Store Order ID number (a screenshot of your order is fine too) to process for a refund. You will be effectively giving up your license for the plugins, keep in mind.

    If you purchased your plugins from a different retailer, we cannot process or provide direct refunds to you. You can talk to your reseller you purchased them from to see if they will provide a refund, but we are not going to and have not officially advised them to do so in any manner at all. You may be beholden to their refund/return processes and that may not make you eligible for refund.

    As for the plugins when they are updated I will make an announcement here on the forum and you can also sign up for product update news here: https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

  • studiotonstudioton Posts: 5

    I dont want money back .. Refund is a bad strategy for you? or it doesn't matter .. I want Lexicon to hire serious developers who can respond to requests but also work on a new project .. this is ridiculous ?

  • studiotonstudioton Posts: 5

    btw .. I am old lexicon plugins owner .. very old .. i am user from beginning ..

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735
    edited May 18

    @studioton said:
    I dont want money back .. Refund is a bad strategy for you? or it doesn't matter .. I want Lexicon to hire serious developers who can respond to requests but also work on a new project .. this is ridiculous ?

    Understood, but, I was not only replying to you as you can see in my post, but of course I'll address your concerns/inquiries.

    Refunds are being offered only to people who want them and do not wish to wait for a fix as I stated. Whether or not you personally think it is a bad strategy or not - that's fine, but many customers wrote to us asking for refunds, and we have made it possible to do so. Maybe when the plugins are fixed later they can repurchase the plugins. It's elective and up to them if they choose that route. That's all.

    We do have developers devoted to fixing the issue yes. There will be updates and changes in the future. The biggest one I can let the lid off now is that iLok USB Key Authentication will be going away.

  • bobdaspitbobdaspit Posts: 2

    The biggest one I can let the lid off now is that iLok USB Key Authentication will be going away.>

    Great!

  • diegodasilvadiegodasilva Posts: 1

    Hello @HARMAN_EElde, i,m in Mexico and also having trouble with my PCM Total Bundle. Where can i write to you or tech support to give you/them more information?.

    Thanks.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @diegodasilva said:
    Hello @HARMAN_EElde, i,m in Mexico and also having trouble with my PCM Total Bundle. Where can i write to you or tech support to give you/them more information?.

    Thanks.

    Absolutely! Email - [email protected]

  • WillygeWillyge Posts: 9

    Any Nwes about an update for Catalina??? it's been a long time now, for sound worker, don't be able to use our tools it's terrible!!!

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    Still being worked on. Still no ETA/Schedule. With a lot of office closure and issues due to COVID19 it will add more time to this process, sorry to say it but that is just the reality of the situation

  • tedmanzietedmanzie Posts: 1

    Catalina is causing me several problems :(
    Anyway - looking forward to authorising without the iLok key. Thanks to @HARMAN_EElde for keeping us informed, appreciated.

  • junkertfjunkertf Posts: 1
    edited June 4

    Hello,

    And here is a new user who cant use the product :(

    As IT guy i can say, that 3 month period for a bug correction is near the shame category.
    Sorry guys, these is the reality, people paying for use of the working product. Note that software engineers can work from Home Office without any trouble to correct software errors not just 3 month ago, any time. Try to convince, i work with 200 of them in Banking era... Actually i just had no luck because i only switched my HW and regarding these i re-installed everything. The only one problem under the whole reinstall process is with the LXP Native bundle. Error is same:
    “Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Setup.pkg” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image. OS 10.10.4 Mojave.

    Is there a beta from the new release for testing? Need an ASAP ETA for the correction, i cannot use the product and have few projects to do.

    Thank you, best regards,

    Ferenc

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @junkertf said:
    Hello,

    And here is a new user who cant use the product :(

    As IT guy i can say, that 3 month period for a bug correction is near the shame category.
    Sorry guys, these is the reality, people paying for use of the working product. Note that software engineers can work from Home Office without any trouble to correct software errors not just 3 month ago, any time. Try to convince, i work with 200 of them in Banking era... Actually i just had no luck because i only switched my HW and regarding these i re-installed everything. The only one problem under the whole reinstall process is with the LXP Native bundle. Error is same:
    “Lexicon LXP Native Reverb Setup.pkg” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image. OS 10.10.4 Mojave.

    Is there a beta from the new release for testing? Need an ASAP ETA for the correction, i cannot use the product and have few projects to do.

    Thank you, best regards,

    Ferenc

    It is being fixed and progress has been made during COVID19 yes with people working from home, even then it's a matter we have to work to get approval from Apple as well in this process and that takes time that is out of our control. All I can say is that a new release will be available soon. No ETA schedule or date and I am not ABSOLUTELY giving any estimates until I get the official okay to do so. I ask daily, and there is no beta or ETA/Schedule.

    The last news I got - it is much closer now, and it could be imminent, but still not exact schedule, ETA information. It will definitely be announced here.

    Also you can email me at [email protected] so I can track this personally for you.

  • SimonNSimonN Posts: 1

    I'm surprised you're still selling the bundles when they can't be installed.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

    @SimonN said:
    I'm surprised you're still selling the bundles when they can't be installed.

    Only on two of the Bundles (LXP, PCM Native Effects) and only on Mac 10.14/10.15 to be clear, but they are working with every other PC platform and the other bundles. Not ideal maybe, but they will be fixed as well

    Of course this has been brought up to our marketing and product dev but I have no say in the matter. I agree that it is a disconcerting situation, but they will be fixed soon and I will announce here when I have exact schedule ETA.

  • stanwillystanwilly Posts: 1

    Any update yet? I've been following this thread since March and finally decided to comment. I'd like to be able to use these plug-ins in Pro Tools with my newest mixes.

Sign In or Register to comment.