Home Lexicon Software

Pcm native effects on macos Mojave install

Comments

• bmorrow01bmorrow01 Posts: 1

I just purchased the LXP Native Bundle earlier today and needless to say I'm VERY upset about not being able to install these plugins!!! What's even more frustrating is these bundles are still being sold to Mojave and Catalina users with full knowledge there's a conflict with these operating systems!!! Why wasn't there a disclaimer posted somewhere in bold print!!! I see this issue has been going on since March with no fix yet...wow. None of the other major music software companies seem to be having an issue with Apple's security...what's the deal here??? A bug fix shouldn't take this long to resolve and THIS PRODUCT SHOULDN'T BE SOLD WITH KNOWN ISSUES!!!!!!!

• dickymobiledickymobile Posts: 1

I have also just spent hundreds of £ on a product I can't access. I understand you're working on it and hope it is resolved "soon", but what is "soon"? Weeks, months or longer? I bought my license through a 3rd party (Thomann) and am trying to get my refund through them. Which is a shame as though I have always used your plugins in other studios, I don't think I will be returning to use your software products again after this.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 735

No updates as of now, it is being fixed and no Schedule/ETA, but it WILL be fixed 100%

• RicrocRicroc Posts: 5

@eelder This is not aimed at you. You are doing a sterling job acting as punchbag for Lexicon, who, quite frankly, have fallen well short of the mark in their response to fix this issue. Even $50 bucks-a-pop developers like Valhalla (who have some excellent reverbs) got their act together months ago and came up with a Catalina update. There really is no excuse for a fix taking this long. Apple gave plenty of warning - you knew this was coming down the tracks a LONG time ago. Many months have passed and I am still without my PCM Total Bundle. Am not willing to install until there is a complete fix for reverb AND effects. How long now, please?

edited June 24

@Ricroc said:
    @eelder This is not aimed at you. You are doing a sterling job acting as punchbag for Lexicon, who, quite frankly, have fallen well short of the mark in their response to fix this issue. Even $50 bucks-a-pop developers like Valhalla (who have some excellent reverbs) got their act together months ago and came up with a Catalina update. There really is no excuse for a fix taking this long. Apple gave plenty of warning - you knew this was coming down the tracks a LONG time ago. Many months have passed and I am still without my PCM Total Bundle. Am not willing to install until there is a complete fix for reverb AND effects. How long now, please?

Thanks for the humor, I appreciate it, but as I said very many times before, I echo frustrations and I hear what you mean and understand, BUT, let me clear up some misconceptions in your post.

PCM Native Reverb works, there is no issue at all with Catalina. If you have PCM Total Bundle, it is only the PCM Native Effects version that is affected by the issue. Use the standalone installer for PCM Native Reverb Bundle to use your Reverb plugins:
    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

(if you cannot get the installer to run, try the previous version 1.3.7)

Another misconception and I think the mistake is that people think this is a straight up the plugins being compatible with Catalina issue, which it isn't. The plugins worked fine with Catalina, for about 6 months until Apple enforced a security update about 6 months after Catalina was released that broke the ability for certificates in the installers for the LXP Native Reverb Bundle and the PCM Native Effects Bundle to run. Should that have been anticipated? Perhaps. Apple does not always do the best job of letting every developer know when they are going to make old certificates obsolete. Could Lexicon kept up to date on this better? Absolutely. Is the fix taking too long? Yes. No one is making excuses or trying to skirt the issue. Again, IT IS WHAT IT IS, there are no excuses trying to be made here.

As always, I will shout it from the highest mountain there is, when the fix can be expected. It will be soon, I can't tell you how soon though and I can't give you exact schedule/ETA information until I have it and have been giving the go ahead. Also, as someone who does not want to blow the proverbial smoke, I am not going to give any type of estimates to ANYONE, only to have my head on a plate when those estimates are not met. I simply will not do it. I personally appreciate everyone's support and I feel like Sisyphus more than you could ever understand, BUT, I can only say the plugins WILL be fixed, and also steps are absolutely being taken that this issue will never happen again. Until then, you'll just have to be patient. There is no amount of posting here that will make it happen overnight, if the issue was a simple fix, it would have been fixed very simply. Unfortunately it's not, and unfortunately it's taken longer than it should have.

I'll give news and updates when I have them.

@bmorrow01 said:
    I just purchased the LXP Native Bundle earlier today and needless to say I'm VERY upset about not being able to install these plugins!!! What's even more frustrating is these bundles are still being sold to Mojave and Catalina users with full knowledge there's a conflict with these operating systems!!! Why wasn't there a disclaimer posted somewhere in bold print!!! I see this issue has been going on since March with no fix yet...wow. None of the other major music software companies seem to be having an issue with Apple's security...what's the deal here??? A bug fix shouldn't take this long to resolve and THIS PRODUCT SHOULDN'T BE SOLD WITH KNOWN ISSUES!!!!!!!

Are you running ProTools? If not downgrade to the 1.21 version of LXP Native Reverb Bundle, should work fine. Unfortunately if you need AAX, it's not possible for that to fix right now

https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/lxp-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-v1-2-1-mac-os-x-intel

@dickymobile said:
    I have also just spent hundreds of £ on a product I can't access. I understand you're working on it and hope it is resolved "soon", but what is "soon"? Weeks, months or longer? I bought my license through a 3rd party (Thomann) and am trying to get my refund through them. Which is a shame as though I have always used your plugins in other studios, I don't think I will be returning to use your software products again after this.

Cannot give estimates. If you bought through a different retailer you will need to get refund through them. Absolutely understood, your confidence in a product vs your money and what you use is completely at your discretion. I'd like to have you back as a customer some day but understand if you cannot take the risk given the circumstances.

• The_dancerThe_dancer Posts: 5

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@HoraMorior said:
    I assume there has been no progress with a solution for this problem?

What is the most efficient way to get a refund processed for my plugins?

@studioton said:
    may 18 .. no fix ? what is going on with Lexicon ?

No updates to report as of now, but it is being worked on, the installers are being rebuilt and tested. It will be fixed, but no schedule ETA or dates yet no.

If you bought the Plugins from the Lexicon Store directly (http://store.lexiconpro.com) please send an email to [email protected] with your iLok Account User ID and your Lexicon Store Order ID number (a screenshot of your order is fine too) to process for a refund. You will be effectively giving up your license for the plugins, keep in mind.

If you purchased your plugins from a different retailer, we cannot process or provide direct refunds to you. You can talk to your reseller you purchased them from to see if they will provide a refund, but we are not going to and have not officially advised them to do so in any manner at all. You may be beholden to their refund/return processes and that may not make you eligible for refund.

As for the plugins when they are updated I will make an announcement here on the forum and you can also sign up for product update news here: https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

Good day. I am an old Lexicon user and very upset by the situation. My projects stopped due to a plugin error. I honestly expected a decision from you. But my customers are in a rage because of delays in projects. You still do not have a single answer with specific deadlines for fixing this problem. I decided to resort to your offer to return funds and licenses. I wrote to the indicated mail. And what did they answer me? That I am too old a user and cannot count on anything! It sounded like a mockery. I have 4 PCM Total Bundle licenses and now it's just rubbish ...

@HARMAN_EElde
    Will you comment on my post above? You say that it is possible to recover the funds and to surrender the license. Support says no. So who to believe?

@The_dancer said:
    @HARMAN_EElde
    Will you comment on my post above? You say that it is possible to recover the funds and to surrender the license. Support says no. So who to believe?

You bought your licenses 6 years ago and we take this at a case by case basis for people who bought the plugins recently. In your instance you are not eligible for a refund as you were informed. You will need to wait for the fix to be available which it will soon.

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    You will need to wait for the fix to be available which it will soon.

So that there were no questions about the return, you had to immediately identify the deadlines. And forgive me, but we’ve been hearing the words “there will be a decision soon” for more than 3 months. You are still afraid to set deadlines. I understand perfectly well that this is your job and you cannot answer anything else. And the reason is the quality of your IT department is just awful. Our company uses many other plugin manufacturers. And for 20 years of my work, I do not recall a single similar case of irresponsible behavior in other companies. If questions arose, they were always promptly resolved. It became clear to me and all my colleagues who were familiar with that it was no longer possible to count on plugins from the Lexicon company on serious projects. Such delays in my work for TV post-production, just a disaster.

edited June 30

@The_dancer said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    You will need to wait for the fix to be available which it will soon.

So that there were no questions about the return, you had to immediately identify the deadlines. And forgive me, but we’ve been hearing the words “there will be a decision soon” for more than 3 months. You are still afraid to set deadlines. I understand perfectly well that this is your job and you cannot answer anything else. And the reason is the quality of your IT department is just awful. Our company uses many other plugin manufacturers. And for 20 years of my work, I do not recall a single similar case of irresponsible behavior in other companies. If questions arose, they were always promptly resolved. It became clear to me and all my colleagues who were familiar with that it was no longer possible to count on plugins from the Lexicon company on serious projects. Such delays in my work for TV post-production, just a disaster.

I'll say that our IT Department does not have anything to do with our plugins, but this is our software development team.

I cannot give you any estimates for a fix until they have an idea when it will be finished or a beta version perhaps is ready. Again, sorry, but I've already stated that numerous times - despite your frustrations which I understand - this is just the reality of the situation. Let's move on past that for now is all I can say and it's well established the situation is not optimal, so that's not going to get us any further right now.

Which exact effect do you need for your Post Production work? Maybe we can find a workaround for you. Are you unable to find a Mac with High Sierra 10.13 or lower? Considered a Dual Boot for your Mac OS? Maybe get a Windows machine? I don't know what else to suggest until it's fixed.

• josquinjosquin Posts: 2

@HARMAN_EElde My PCM Native bundle also stopped working when installing a clean system (Mojave 10.14.6) together with the latest update of Nuendo (10.3), which only supports 64bit plugins. Is the PCM Bundle only 32bit compatible?

@josquin said:
    @HARMAN_EElde My PCM Native bundle also stopped working when installing a clean system (Mojave 10.14.6) together with the latest update of Nuendo (10.3), which only supports 64bit plugins. Is the PCM Bundle only 32bit compatible?

The Plugins are 64 Bit. The PCM Native Reverb Bundle is working fine with Mojave as of now. The PCM Native Effects Bundle is not and they are rebuilding the installer and plugin to update now for Mac 10.14/15

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    Which exact effect do you need for your Post Production work? Maybe we can find a workaround for you. Are you unable to find a Mac with High Sierra 10.13 or lower? Considered a Dual Boot for your Mac OS? Maybe get a Windows machine? I don't know what else to suggest until it's fixed.

Oh no, thanks! As they say, time is money. No one in their right mind would not stop any one workstation post-production audio. We have 4 of their hardware post-pro and they work 24/7. To roll back to the previous Mac OS and install all the software, including connecting to all data servers (Fiber Channel, etc.), you need at least one working shift. This is not feasible. About Windows in general there can be no question. As for the question, which plugins are often used. This is a reverb (Chamber, Concert Hull, Hull, Room). What can you suggest?

@The_dancer said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Oh no, thanks! As they say, time is money. No one in their right mind would not stop any one workstation post-production audio. We have 4 of their hardware post-pro and they work 24/7. To roll back to the previous Mac OS and install all the software, including connecting to all data servers (Fiber Channel, etc.), you need at least one working shift. This is not feasible. About Windows in general there can be no question. As for the question, which plugins are often used. This is a reverb (Chamber, Concert Hull, Hull, Room). What can you suggest?

Okay well the Standalone installer for the PCM Native Reverb Bundle and plugin is working fine with 10.14/10.15 and is not affected by this issue as I have stated earlier. The only plugins that are affected by this issue is PCM Native Effects Bundle and LXP Native Reverb Bundle. So if you're using the PCM Total Bundle Installer, that could be the issue.

Try this, install the PCM Native Reverb Standalone from the Installer here:
    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

Also reinstall your iLok License Manager for good measure:
    https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    Okay well the Standalone installer for the PCM Native Reverb Bundle and plugin is working fine with 10.14/10.15 and is not affected by this issue as I have stated earlier. The only plugins that are affected by this issue is PCM Native Effects Bundle and LXP Native Reverb Bundle. So if you're using the PCM Total Bundle Installer, that could be the issue.

Try this, install the PCM Native Reverb Standalone from the Installer here:

Also reinstall your iLok License Manager for good measure:
    https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager

Thank you very much for this life hack! It really works. I hope that Native Effects will also work soon. We rarely use it, but sometimes we need it.

• josquinjosquin Posts: 2

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@josquin said:

The Plugins are 64 Bit. The PCM Native Reverb Bundle is working fine with Mojave as of now. The PCM Native Effects Bundle is not and they are rebuilding the installer and plugin to update now for Mac 10.14/15

This seems to be the 32bit installer, v1.3.8 which I just downloaded.
    Check the Nuendo screenshot below.

https://bigorangemusic.files.wordpress.com/2020/07/screenshot-2020-06-26-at-12.55.54.png

@josquin said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@josquin said:

This seems to be the 32bit installer, v1.3.8 which I just downloaded.
    Check the Nuendo screenshot below.

https://bigorangemusic.files.wordpress.com/2020/07/screenshot-2020-06-26-at-12.55.54.png

It is not 32 bit, Nuendo incorrectly identifies it as such. The plugins are 64bit for Mac.

• analogjeffanalogjeff Posts: 8

Lexicon... creating new definitions of soon... month after month after month after month...

edited July 16

@analogjeff said:
    Lexicon... creating new definitions of soon... month after month after month after month...

Funny!

LOOK - I get the frustrations, but I can't impart to you any exact scheduling info if I don't have it. I am just as eager for an update and frustrated by the issue as well. Should it have been fixed yesterday? Yes. All I can do is mitigate the discontent, which I have been doing but even that is futile at this juncture for me to do so. It doesn't help you, or me.

The only updates I have now is that they are very close to a beta version for testing on the LXP Native Reverb Bundle, and there will be a release very shortly after. No info on a PCM Native Effects Bundle beta version. That's really all of the info I have as of today. I've offered everything I can from troubleshooting/workaround perspectives and any news or updates will be announced when I have them. Again, no exact Schedule/ETA or dates for any of this. I've heard it all trust me from both sides "it's not acceptable." I agree, it isn't, yet, here we are.

Options as of now:

If you qualify for a refund (purchased plugins within the last year from the Lexicon Store http://store.lexiconpro.com) then you are welcome to go that route. You can message me here directly with your iLok ID and Order ID or email [email protected]

Reminder:

For Users of the PCM Total Bundle, the PCM Native Reverb Standalone still works:

For the LXP Native Reverb Bundle, if you are not using ProTools or need AAX Plugin, the previous version works:
    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/lxp-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-v1-2-1-mac-os-x-intel

Other option is to just wait, I know it sucks, but it is what it is. If you registered your product you should already be on our newsletter list or you can sign up for the Lexicon Newsletter for product updates and news here: https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

That's all I have for now guys and until there is beta versions, or any news/updates there is really nothing else I can offer from a support perspective as of now. That's just the sad reality of the situation.

• redlyderedlyde Posts: 13

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Funny!

No, it's not funny. It's a shame. None of leader companies can afford that kind of problem solving...

edited July 16

@redlyde said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Funny!

No, it's not funny. It's a shame. None of leader companies can afford that kind of problem solving...

It's sarcasm and exasperation. Read the rest of the post?

• redlyderedlyde Posts: 13

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Yes I did but I'm not in funny mood because I've lost a lot of money caused by this issue (I couldn't finnish a big project in time) and I have no chance to get any refund (I've bought the plugin more than two years ago...). Sorry for my impatient comment.

@redlyde said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Yes I did but I'm not in funny mood because I've lost a lot of money caused by this issue (I couldn't finnish a big project in time) and I have no chance to get any refund (I've bought the plugin more than two years ago...). Sorry for my impatient comment.

I'm not being funny either. Hence my reply. A lot of people are in these dire situations and unfortunately if people can't use workarounds or insist on using the latest Mac OS then they will have this issue. That's just the sad fact of the matter now.

I even talked to a guy who hooked up all of his old hardware Lexicon racks at Electric Ladyland Studios. Always good to have a backup plan, as you never know in this imperfect world. I realize that doesn't work for everyone due to budget. Just an example.

They are fixing the plugins as I said, and until they are fixed that's all I can impart to you.

• Just for the record... It's now Sept. 08, and I'm beginning my 3rd project for which I've made demos using the Native Effects Bundle. This project is a feature length documentary, and we just finished a feature fiction film. All these previously created demos come up missing certain key processing choices because the plugins I used are still not functional. How many months have we been waiting for a promised fix now?! I think we're beginning month 7. This must be one hell of a complicated programming job. Wow!! And, I just keep checking back, knowing Lexicon probably won't even do us the decency of letting us know when the fix has been completed, if that's ever even going to happen. Absolutely piss poor business and customer service models under Harman!! Ugh!!

• Not sure whats going on with Lexicon :|
  • @analogjeff said:
    Just for the record... It's now Sept. 08, and I'm beginning my 3rd project for which I've made demos using the Native Effects Bundle. This project is a feature length documentary, and we just finished a feature fiction film. All these previously created demos come up missing certain key processing choices because the plugins I used are still not functional. How many months have we been waiting for a promised fix now?! I think we're beginning month 7. This must be one hell of a complicated programming job. Wow!! And, I just keep checking back, knowing Lexicon probably won't even do us the decency of letting us know when the fix has been completed, if that's ever even going to happen. Absolutely piss poor business and customer service models under Harman!! Ugh!!

I've said many times that it will be announced here when it is fixed. There is nothing I can do from a Technical Support perspective to fix this for you. I understand you're frustrated. Again, if this is just devolving into the airing of discontent and grievances with the issue, that's all it can be. Until the fix is ready or something develops. I have no new updates.

• fdaxnerfdaxner Posts: 2
    edited September 24

[profanity]
    Does not work!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why is this such a problem to fix this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I PAID MUCH MONEY FOR YOUR PLUG INS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the previous version is awful at Mojave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• longpaul2006longpaul2006 Posts: 2
    edited October 14

I truly don't mean to jump onto this when its seeming to lose the use of a good forum. (communication to and within a community to make our experience in the industry with a product line better) @HARMAN_EElde I truly appreciate the regular communication to us and your hard work staying in touch with us. I've silently watched this very page for months. I've been a Harman dealer in the past and have praised your products for years. (PCM effects and JBL especially). Even now I still have clients praise the reverbs from you.

Really and truly it is starting to seem like we are dealing with a dead product and its hard to really tell what is going on. With update 1.2.6 releasing on 08-28-2020 and still not working I feel I'm left with a system where only half of what I have purchased works.

Please keep communication up for us and with us it really is needed. Even beta and patch releases from your site to even have a look at something that could work would be appreciated at this point

Thank you.