Home Lexicon Software

Pcm native effects on macos Mojave install

1235»

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,104
    edited October 2020

@longpaul2006 said:
    I truly don't mean to jump onto this when its seeming to lose the use of a good forum. (communication to and within a community to make our experience in the industry with a product line better) @HARMAN_EElde I truly appreciate the regular communication to us and your hard work staying in touch with us. I've silently watched this very page for months. I've been a Harman dealer in the past and have praised your products for years. (PCM effects and JBL especially). Even now I still have clients praise the reverbs from you.

Really and truly it is starting to seem like we are dealing with a dead product and its hard to really tell what is going on. With update 1.2.6 releasing on 08-28-2020 and still not working I feel I'm left with a system where only half of what I have purchased works.

Please keep communication up for us and with us it really is needed. Even beta and patch releases from your site to even have a look at something that could work would be appreciated at this point

Thank you.

Thanks for your comments, like I've stated I get that everyone is frustrated. From a customers position it is unacceptable to not be able to use something they paid for, especially if the product is current. If I could fix it personally I would have but that's not something that is possible. The latest news is that most of the issues with the plugins have all been identified exactly and in our LXP Native Reverb Bundle, it is currently in beta testing, this I hope means that a lot of the problem can be ported over that and put into the PCM Native Effects Bundle and fix that. When there is a beta version of that plugin we will announce it absolutely and people will be able to submit for testing. I am hoping that is any day now.

I'll assuage the fears out there - it is not "abandon-ware" and the plugins will absolutely be fixed, the process is ongoing. There are a lot of other updates planned for the plugins later on that will be worth the wait as well.

1.2.6 is not an actual software update btw, that is the same version that has the issues, they updated the website to reflect there is compatibility issues is it.

The beta version of PCM Native Effects Bundle has been started to be tested internally. We will make an announcement soon for external beta testing.

This is good news and a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I have no exact dates or ETA for the fix, but I will make a post similar to the LXP Native Reverb Bundle when we are ready to start accepting submissions for beta testers. Until then do not submit any inquiries for beta testing until the announcement is made.

• @HARMAN_EElde said:
    The beta version of PCM Native Effects Bundle has been started to be tested internally. We will make an announcement soon for external beta testing.

This is good news and a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I have no exact dates or ETA for the fix, but I will make a post similar to the LXP Native Reverb Bundle when we are ready to start accepting submissions for beta testers. Until then do not submit any inquiries for beta testing until the announcement is made.

This is great news! I really appreciate the update. I look forward to hearing the beta coming to be accessible to the public and hopefully a quick painless release for it leaving beta.

Thank you.

• redlyderedlyde Posts: 16

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    ...our LXP Native Reverb Bundle, it is currently in beta testing...

How can I get the beta version of LXP Native Reverb Bundle? I have a project started January with the LXP plugins, and now it is reopened for some new versions of mixing...
    Thanks

edited October 2020

@redlyde said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    ...our LXP Native Reverb Bundle, it is currently in beta testing...

How can I get the beta version of LXP Native Reverb Bundle? I have a project started January with the LXP plugins, and now it is reopened for some new versions of mixing...
    Thanks

The beta version is not available at large unfortunately. We had external beta testing candidates that applied for and were selected based on their credentials. You can see this post I made some weeks ago: https://proforums.harman.com/lexicon/discussion/137153/lexicon-lxp-native-reverb-bundle-beta-testing-mac-os-10-14-10-15#latest

In other words, this was not open testing as it were and a version is not available for everyone to use. Since this beta testing has been ongoing and about to be concluded, a version that is working for the plugins will be released soon.

• redlyderedlyde Posts: 16

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    The beta version is not available at large unfortunately. We had external beta testing candidates that applied for and were selected based on their credentials. You can see this post I made some weeks ago: https://proforums.harman.com/lexicon/discussion/137153/lexicon-lxp-native-reverb-bundle-beta-testing-mac-os-10-14-10-15#latest

In other words, this was not open testing as it were and a version is not available for everyone to use. Since this beta testing has been ongoing and about to be concluded, a version that is working for the plugins will be released soon.

Thaks for the information. I don't want to participate in beta testing, just use because my reopened project has the deadline at the end of November, so it would be very helpful... Is it possibble to use the beta version on my own risk? I can declare everíthing you want: I have a legal license on my iLok, etc.

@redlyde said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Thaks for the information. I don't want to participate in beta testing, just use because my reopened project has the deadline at the end of November, so it would be very helpful... Is it possibble to use the beta version on my own risk? I can declare everíthing you want: I have a legal license on my iLok, etc.

Sorry that my explanation was not sufficient, the answer to your inquiry is unfortunately we cannot provide you a copy of this beta version as it is not available or open to other users of the plugins, only to the beta testers who submitted to test, which we already have concluded the selection of our beta testers and the testing is ongoing.

• dibsdibs Posts: 1

Is there ANY update on this? I've never experienced this with any other plugin.

• @dibs said:
    Is there ANY update on this? I've never experienced this with any other plugin.

The update as I have said previously is that the PCM Native Effects is in internal beta testing. No exact schedule/ETA updates for a release of the fix yet no.

• Slower than the COVID vaccine... hahaha...

• @HARMAN_EElde Is there any way to get in on the beta testing? I have a project that is currently held up because I need these plugins to work on Catalina.

• @kylepyke said:
    @HARMAN_EElde Is there any way to get in on the beta testing? I have a project that is currently held up because I need these plugins to work on Catalina.

For the PCM Native Effects we will announce on the forum when we are looking for public beta testing candidates. Past beta testing, QA/Software dev experience is usually required just FYI.

• Help need PCM Native Effects on Protools 2020.12 - Mac OS 10.14.6 Installer dos not Work ?????? Help Help

• @tsbroland said:
    Help need PCM Native Effects on Protools 2020.12 - Mac OS 10.14.6 Installer dos not Work ?????? Help Help

It was neary one year ago that Lexicon PCM Native Effects and Lexicon LXP Native Reverbs were stopped working on MacOS Mojave (before 27.02.2020. everything was OK on MacOS Mojave...), and so far there isn't any solution to fix this issue. Since that time the only major change is that on the website below the installers you can find the note that these installers are currently not compatible with MacOS Mojave or Catalina...
    It's a shame...

• Shame!!. Lexicon is dad company. Isn't? They sell dad products in 2020
  • Is realy Bad. I have L300 L960 Pcm96 Pcm96 Surround great Stuff but the softwarplugin are so bad. No Update of the Remote for Pcm96. No Update of The Pcm Plugin .Lexicon wake up .

• @tsbroland said:
    Is realy Bad. I have L300 L960 Pcm96 Pcm96 Surround great Stuff but the softwarplugin are so bad. No Update of the Remote for Pcm96. No Update of The Pcm Plugin .Lexicon wake up .

There will be no updated PCM96 Control Software for Mac. You can download System Architect and run it in a Virtual Windows environment.

The PCM Native Effects Bundle will be updated to work with later Mac OS, again, no release/ETA (when I have news I'll announce it). Yes it has been a long time but it will be fixed. Until then there is nothing I can do from a support perspective.

• kylepykekylepyke Posts: 2

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@kylepyke said:
    @HARMAN_EElde Is there any way to get in on the beta testing? I have a project that is currently held up because I need these plugins to work on Catalina.

For the PCM Native Effects we will announce on the forum when we are looking for public beta testing candidates. Past beta testing, QA/Software dev experience is usually required just FYI.

@HARMAN_EElde Thanks for the response, but... Why? Certainly a public beta sooner than later would be helpful to people like myself who need these plugins to continue their professional work?

I understand that there is nothing you can do as a customer service rep, but this is unacceptable for an industry player like Harman. Catalina has been out for over a year (Mojave even longer), and there isn't even a timetable for when these products will be updated? I hope you're reporting to the devs and project managers that people are incredibly unhappy.

• Harman, just sell the Lexicon Brand to a company like Universal Audio; you are destroying the "Lexicon" brand.

@kylepyke said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@kylepyke said:

@HARMAN_EElde Thanks for the response, but... Why? Certainly a public beta sooner than later would be helpful to people like myself who need these plugins to continue their professional work?

I understand that there is nothing you can do as a customer service rep, but this is unacceptable for an industry player like Harman. Catalina has been out for over a year (Mojave even longer), and there isn't even a timetable for when these products will be updated? I hope you're reporting to the devs and project managers that people are incredibly unhappy.

There is not a publicly available beta. If and when something like that changes, I will announce it here.

I've said it many times this is not a straight compatibility issue with Mojave or Catalina. It worked fine on Mojave and Catalina. It was all started as an issue with Apple security certificate enforcement that broke the software. In fixing that, there was a lot of other issues for the plugins that have to be resolved.

If you can't make other arrangements for your audio production work to continue until the plugins are fixed, then there is nothing else I can do or suggest but to wait. Yes the product devs and managers are well aware of how unhappy the customers are. I wish that were enough to make the issue be fixed tomorrow but it's not.

When I have news I will announce it.

• tsbrolandtsbroland Posts: 3

I have a Workaround , I sell my PCM96 und by a Bricasti it Works fine on all systems. :s

@tsbroland said:
    I have a Workaround , I sell my PCM96 und by a Bricasti it Works fine on all systems. :s

As is your decision, I can't force you to use something by lack of support or expediency from our developers. I would be upset too.

Public beta will be made available soon, (sooner than later)! No exact ETA but yes I was told it is really soon and yes, this is good news. Stringbox will not be working in this first public beta.

• BruceKaphanBruceKaphan Posts: 1

Looking back on the history of this blog, we're now a full year into the inability to download a functional version of Lexicon Native Effects. A FULL YEAR! I don't have any secret fixes to offer, but I do want to jump on the complaint scale. I find it extremely annoying to have paid good money for this suite of delays and then not only be unable to use them, but be forced to spend DAYS printing audio stems of auxiliary returns so that I could transition from one version of Pro Tools to another without destroying my clients' mixes. Harman has put us all in a vice, and has been seemingly indifferent to the pain suffered, income lost, and value lost. If there's anyone from Harman listening here, PLEASE give us the name of an executive who might be concerned about the damage being done to not only the Lexicon brand, but to all brands under the Harman name. I went through this with Lexiverb a couple of decades ago, and vowed that would be the last time Lexicon stole from me, but the allure of the Lexicon sound was too great and I eventually bought in again. This bite was even worse. Shame on you, Lexicon—I mean really, would it take a day or two from a qualified software engineer to fix this or what?

Public beta has been finished and will be posted at the site to be downloaded. I have no exact time or date for this but that is the last update I was told from product dev.

This discussion has been closed.