Home Lexicon Software

PCM Total Bundle just stopped working

PierreMPierreM Posts: 15
edited March 2020 in Lexicon Software

Hi!

One question, I'm working on Catalina (mandatory as I'm using a Mac Pro 2019) and Lexicon plugins suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago.

I get a system notification telling me to throw the plugin to the trash while recalling a session and it doesn't even let the plugin installer run with the same error message

Tried to disable GateKeeper but did not help at all.

Does anybody have the same problem? Plugins have been working flawlessly for a month following the migration to the new computer but now everything is broken.

Regards,

Pierre

Comments

• PierreMPierreM Posts: 15

Just got Lexicon support on the phone. It is identified as a critical issue affecting Mojave and Catalina users. They are working on a fix.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,072

Try the previous version installers for now while we're waiting on a fix:

One customer reported on the LXP Bundle they did this and were able to get it working:

“I just install a previous version and install seems working...
    But when i open protools do not have the plugins. I can open them (beta version) with blue cat audio patchwork and AU version”

Of course that is utilizing a 3rd Party Software from Blue Cat, but it's something maybe in a crunch while we get this resolved.

I'll need to check on Logic. Using Blue Cat is not an option I have finalized tracks to bounce for release so I can't loose my settings.

edited March 2020

Hi There,

Quick update on a potential workaround for AU/VST users initially mentioned by @nonolepiano

Go to the product page and instead of downloading the lastest version download the previous one.

Delete all existing plugins (AU, VST, AAX) from their respective folders.

Install the previous version (you'll have to authorize it from system preferences/security). For me it is working in Logic. Versions are labeled as beta so I still need to assess if any issue with the reverb.

For ProTools users unfortunately the AAX is not part of the previous package so the only way would be to load the AU using BlueCat audio.

Regards,

Pierre

@PierreM said:
    Hi There,

Quick update on a potential workaround for AU/VST users initially mentioned by @nonolepiano

Go to the product page and instead of downloading the lastest version download the previous one.

Install the previous version (you'll have to authorize it from system preferences/security). For me it is working in Logic. Versions are labeled as beta so I still need to assess if any issue with the reverb.

For ProTools users unfortunately the AAX is not part of the previous package so the only way would be to load the AU using BlueCat audio.

Regards,

Pierre

Excellent info, thanks for the follow up Pierre

• I had the same problem using LPX Native Reverb with Catilina OS and Pro Tools 2019.12. Suddenly almost one week ago the plug-ins stopped to work (error code 7054 on PT appeared). I also tried to download the newest version of LPX dated may 2019. Couldn't ever launch the installer on my Mac. I wrote many times to Lexicon Harman assistance, but didn't get a reply so far. Are You working on a 64 bit Version of LPX? And maybe the PCM Reverb Bundle could work fine with Catilina and Pro Tools 2019.12? Any help shall be welcome. Thanks.

@BeppeCapozza said:
    I had the same problem using LPX Native Reverb with Catilina OS and Pro Tools 2019.12. Suddenly almost one week ago the plug-ins stopped to work (error code 7054 on PT appeared). I also tried to download the newest version of LPX dated may 2019. Couldn't ever launch the installer on my Mac. I wrote many times to Lexicon Harman assistance, but didn't get a reply so far. Are You working on a 64 bit Version of LPX? And maybe the PCM Reverb Bundle could work fine with Catilina and Pro Tools 2019.12? Any help shall be welcome. Thanks.

PCM Native bundle previous version (not the one from May 2019 which is having the issue you mentioned but the previous one) is so far working on Catalina / Logic Pro and I was able to export some of my tracks.

Unfortunately this older version does not include the AAX. One user reported that it is ok in ProTools with BlueCat Audio running the AU versions of the plugins.

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@PierreM said:
    Hi There,

Regards,

Pierre

@HARMAN_EElde It would be great to have a follow up by the team and an expected ETA for the fix. After more than a week some pros using your plugins are really at risk.

Regards,

Pierre

• Thanks so much @PierreM , I shall be looking forward from some news from Harman. Could you please tell me wether the PCM Reverb Bundle could work fine with Catilina and Pro Tools 2019.12? Thanks a lot. Regards.

@BeppeCapozza said:
    Thanks so much @PierreM , I shall be looking forward from some news from Harman. Could you please tell me wether the PCM Reverb Bundle could work fine with Catilina and Pro Tools 2019.12? Thanks a lot. Regards.

Well I did not test using ProTools but it is (currently) working for me on Logic using the older version. I'm therefore assuming using BlueCat to load the AU should be ok. @nonolepiano might be able to confirm.

Regards,

Pierre

@PierreM said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@PierreM said:
    Hi There,

Regards,

Pierre

@HARMAN_EElde It would be great to have a follow up by the team and an expected ETA for the fix. After more than a week some pros using your plugins are really at risk.

Regards,

Pierre

I'm pinging them daily, no update or ETA yet.

• ScottyAScottyA Posts: 1

Following this thread, eager for an update.

Having all the same issues and AAE Error using Mojave 10.14.6

Update is coming soon. Maybe not as soon as everyone would like, but soon! Hang in there.

• Hi,
    i'm new user of Total Bundle, sadly. Or, I would like to be, I should say.

I'm just wondering what's behind all this prolonged fix and product support in general. Many of us have spent a bunch of money for Lexicon plugins and now we're just waiting for something - the fact we see is that these products haven't any update since previous spring (and are built on 2016 version). Even stranger - that kind of company needs more than an half a year to fix these issues? Even my 20$ plugin manufacturer had done this few months ago if you know what i mean.

edited April 2020

@DavidJarreth said:
    Hi,
    i'm new user of Total Bundle, sadly. Or, I would like to be, I should say.

I'm just wondering what's behind all this prolonged fix and product support in general. Many of us have spent a bunch of money for Lexicon plugins and now we're just waiting for something - the fact we see is that these products haven't any update since previous spring (and are built on 2016 version). Even stranger - that kind of company needs more than an half a year to fix these issues? Even my 20$ plugin manufacturer had done this few months ago if you know what i mean.

Thanks for your comments. As of now, this particular issue was reported on 2/26/20, and not 6 months ago. The fix will be soon for the affected Mac Mojave/Catalina users. As far as other updates, there was a preset issue with scrambled presets that has since been resolved, but the plugins themselves are working for other users with no issues.

• Hi,
    I just want to let you know that i just tried to install my total bundle on my computer (mac mini 2020) which is running with Catalina and an error message appears : "unable to open Lexicon pcm native total bundle.pkg you should put the file in the trash". This bundle has been also installed in my laptop (high sierra) without problem.
    What can i do? I have got (and obviously, i am not the only one) many mixes to finish and send...
    A solution is urgently required, don't you think?

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi,
    I just want to let you know that i just tried to install my total bundle on my computer (mac mini 2020) which is running with Catalina and an error message appears : "unable to open Lexicon pcm native total bundle.pkg you should put the file in the trash". This bundle has been also installed in my laptop (high sierra) without problem.
    What can i do? I have got (and obviously, i am not the only one) many mixes to finish and send...

Hi and thanks Johan, we have this reported and we do have an active escalation for this and it is being resolved, no exact ETA/schedule, but very soon.

Right now it affects mostly the LXP Native Bundle and the PCM Effects Bundle (the PCM Native Reverb seems to be fine) on Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi,

Hi @JohanGuidou if you are not using the AAX plugin you can try to download the previous version and check if it helps. Definitely helped me when the package stopped working.

• @HARMAN_EElde said:

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi,

Hi and thanks Johan, we have this reported and we do have an active escalation for this and it is being resolved, no exact ETA/schedule, but very soon.

Right now it affects mostly the LXP Native Bundle and the PCM Effects Bundle (the PCM Native Reverb seems to be fine) on Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).

Hi, thank you for your answer. "(the PCM Native Reverb seems to be fine)" it's wired because i just can't install the plug. Again i have this message : "unable to open Lexicon pcm native total bundle.pkg you should put the file in the trash"... Almost two month for a fix : Is Lexicon thinking of a compensation for their costumers? Thank you.

• @PierreM said:

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi,

Hi @JohanGuidou if you are not using the AAX plugin you can try to download the previous version and check if it helps. Definitely helped me when the package stopped working.

Thank you for your advice. Sadly i work with Protools, so with AAX Plugin... Thanks!

edited April 2020

@JohanGuidou said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi,

Hi, thank you for your answer. "(the PCM Native Reverb seems to be fine)" it's wired because i just can't install the plug. Again i have this message : "unable to open Lexicon pcm native total bundle.pkg you should put the file in the trash"... Almost two month for a fix : Is Lexicon thinking of a compensation for their costumers? Thank you.

We are processing refunds, and case by case we may be able to outside of refund terms, for customers that do not wish to use the plugins because of this issue (if you purchased directly from the Lexicon Store, if you purchased through a different retailer we are not processing refunds but you will need to contact the retailer you purchased from). If you want to get a refund for the plugins you can contact Customer Care by phone (877) 871-6755. Note - this will be effectively giving up your license for the plugin in the case of refund.

@JohanGuidou said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi,

For PCM Native Reverb Bundle, try this installer, not the Total Bundle installer.

https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

• Hi, thank you. It works for the erverb not for the effects... Indeed.

@JohanGuidou said:
    Hi, thank you. It works for the erverb not for the effects... Indeed.

Excellent, thanks for the follow up Johan. The fix will be soon for Effects!

• For PCM Native Reverb Bundle, try this installer, not the Total Bundle installer.

https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-aax-vst-au-rtas-v1-3-8-mac-os-x-intel

So glad to see the new version of the Native Reverb Bundle is fianlly available and working on Mojave! I just loaded it, and it's working!! Thank you also, awhile ago, for suggesting the Valhalla Vintage Verb as a replacement for the Lex Hall and Plate verbs. I already had the Valhalla and hadn't used it in some time. It did serve as a functional replacement for a few weeks, although it isn't quite as smooth and full as the Lex verbs. It was serviceable and better than some of my other, supposedly better options.

All best
    Jeff

@analogjeff said:

For PCM Native Reverb Bundle, try this installer, not the Total Bundle installer.

So glad to see the new version of the Native Reverb Bundle is fianlly available and working on Mojave! I just loaded it, and it's working!! Thank you also, awhile ago, for suggesting the Valhalla Vintage Verb as a replacement for the Lex Hall and Plate verbs. I already had the Valhalla and hadn't used it in some time. It did serve as a functional replacement for a few weeks, although it isn't quite as smooth and full as the Lex verbs. It was serviceable and better than some of my other, supposedly better options.

All best
    Jeff

It's actually always been working for Mojave and Catalina, it's only the PCM Effects portion of the Total Bundle that is having issues out of the PCM Reverb. As well as LXP Bundle.

Agreed on the Valhalla vs Lexicon, the former has a very "artifacted" tone, which works well for some applications, mostly like 80's style Rock, some 70's prog/vintage stuff, and high gain metal stuff. I've noticed it shines through a bit more with those styles. The Lexicon has a very transparent feel though, I still think it sounds the best on vocals and drums!

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@analogjeff said:

All best
    Jeff

It's actually always been working for Mojave and Catalina, it's only the PCM Effects portion of the Total Bundle that is having issues out of the PCM Reverb. As well as LXP Bundle.

Agreed on the Valhalla vs Lexicon, the former has a very "artifacted" tone, which works well for some applications, mostly like 80's style Rock, some 70's prog/vintage stuff, and high gain metal stuff. I've noticed it shines through a bit more with those styles. The Lexicon has a very transparent feel though, I still think it sounds the best on vocals and drums!

In my case the whole Total Bundle stopped working.

Best,

Pierre

@PierreM said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@analogjeff said:

All best
    Jeff

In my case the whole Total Bundle stopped working.

Best,

Pierre

The separate installer I linked earlier for PCM Native Reverb should work, but a few people have reported issues with it as well, still on Catalina. All of the installers will be updated for every plugin type nonetheless. They are closer to that fix, it will be soon. Other compatibility related fixes will be added later.

• analogjeffanalogjeff Posts: 10
    edited May 2020

It's actually always been working for Mojave and Catalina, it's only the PCM Effects portion of the Total Bundle that is having issues out of the PCM Reverb. As well as LXP Bundle.>

Well, not true, but it's a moot point, as the reverbs are working now and weren't before. But how about the effects bundle?? Still not working for me. Is that fix available yet? And how would we know when it is fixed?
    Thanks!

edited May 2020

@analogjeff said:

It's actually always been working for Mojave and Catalina, it's only the PCM Effects portion of the Total Bundle that is having issues out of the PCM Reverb. As well as LXP Bundle.>

Well, not true, but it's a moot point, as the reverbs are working now and weren't before. But how about the effects bundle?? Still not working for me. Is that fix available yet? And how would we know when it is fixed?
    Thanks!

Well I understand perhaps in your case the PCM Native Reverb was not working before and is now, but for many of our customers the PCM Native Reverb plugin has been working for most with no issues on Catalina and Mojave as well as High Sierra. Glad it is working for you now in any case.

Regardless - ALL of the installers for every plugin are being rebuilt and fixed (PCM both Reverb/Effects, LXP and MPX). As of now, not fixed yet no, and you can sign up for the Lexicon Newsletter for product updates news here:
    https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

I will of course make a forum announcement as well when it is fixed.