Home Lexicon Software

PCM Reverb Bundle Issue (Mac)

Having issues installing the PCM Reverb Bundle on Mac OS - does anyone know of a fix / provide guidance please? Have sent three emails to support and have received no reply...

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,076

We got your email today Craig asking for a refund. I do not see any previous emails from you. Nonetheless, we will see what we can do in your case.

@craigedney said:
    Having issues installing the PCM Reverb Bundle on Mac OS - does anyone know of a fix / provide guidance please? Have sent three emails to support and have received no reply...

Also there are numerous ongoing threads about this, and the fix is not ready yet.

• analogjeffanalogjeff Posts: 10

Izotope reverbs are excellent. Designed by a former Lexicon engineer who designed a lot of great Lex gear, and a company that's really happening. Great sounding and creatively designed plugins, and excellent customer service... just saying.

• @HARMAN_EElde said:

@craigedney said:

Also there are numerous ongoing threads about this, and the fix is not ready yet.

When will it be ready? This isn't rocket science.

• TheMacGuyTheMacGuy Posts: 4

Hi everyone, I like many on this thread, made the mistake of upgrading to Catalina only to find out that my LXP reverbs had disappeared. I created a secondary boot partition and installed Mojave (10.14.6) on it and then discovered that the Lexicon installer still wouldn't run. Fortunately I had another machine that still had Sierra on it so I installed the package on that machine and then zipped up the AU reverb directories (located at /Library/Audio/Plug-In/Components. I then copied that zip file over to the machine (Mojave) and unzipped the file in in the same directory. After all that, I now have my Lexicon LXP reverbs working in Logic (albeit on Mojave).

I tried this same procedure on Catalina and it didn't work so I suspect that the reverb bundles (or control software) are not fully 64 bit compliant. They appear to work in Mojave as it still supports 32 bit software. The down side is that I am now stuck on Mojave and for the moment the most recent version of Logic is supported there, but for how long remains the question.

So to recap, in order to get it working, I had to have access to a machine running 10.13 so that I could run the installer and get the AU directories installed so I could zip them up. I also had to contact Apple to get a special email link that allowed me to download the Mojave installer package. Lastly, I had to partition my internal drive so that I could install Mojave on it.

• TheMacGuyTheMacGuy Posts: 4
    edited May 2020

Ok I spoke too soon. The reverbs show up now, but if you select them there are a bunch of missing components. Will see if I can figure out where they all are.

@time_for_pi said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@craigedney said:

When will it be ready? This isn't rocket science.

I have no ETA/Schedule or dates. "Rocket science" or not, the process takes time for new installers to be fixed/tested, approved by Apple and then sent back for the ok. The COVID19 situation has slowed things down considerably as well.

@TheMacGuy said:
    Hi everyone, I like many on this thread, made the mistake of upgrading to Catalina only to find out that my LXP reverbs had disappeared. I created a secondary boot partition and installed Mojave (10.14.6) on it and then discovered that the Lexicon installer still wouldn't run. Fortunately I had another machine that still had Sierra on it so I installed the package on that machine and then zipped up the AU reverb directories (located at /Library/Audio/Plug-In/Components. I then copied that zip file over to the machine (Mojave) and unzipped the file in in the same directory. After all that, I now have my Lexicon LXP reverbs working in Logic (albeit on Mojave).

I tried this same procedure on Catalina and it didn't work so I suspect that the reverb bundles (or control software) are not fully 64 bit compliant. They appear to work in Mojave as it still supports 32 bit software. The down side is that I am now stuck on Mojave and for the moment the most recent version of Logic is supported there, but for how long remains the question.

So to recap, in order to get it working, I had to have access to a machine running 10.13 so that I could run the installer and get the AU directories installed so I could zip them up. I also had to contact Apple to get a special email link that allowed me to download the Mojave installer package. Lastly, I had to partition my internal drive so that I could install Mojave on it.

It is not a 32bit/64bit issue no. The Reverbs were working fine on Catalina up until the certificate issue arose due to Mac updates enforcing their compliance. We are testing a script that will possibly have an incremental upgrade ability via the Mac OS but so far it is not ready yet. Still working on a fix.

• Can we have a 1 month progress update please? Couldn’t get refund as bought product through third party... 🙃 ps in case anyone is having similar issue - don’t send emails to [email protected] as inactive

@craigedney said:
    Can we have a 1 month progress update please? Couldn’t get refund as bought product through third party... 🙃 ps in case anyone is having similar issue - don’t send emails to [email protected] as inactive

Progress update is the plugins are being all brought up to the latest libraries needed for compatibility to run with the DAWs and Pace authentication, and this takes time normally but with the COVID19 situation it is taking even longer. It is also taking time getting the certificate for the installer approved by Apple and tested.

It is ongoing, will be fixed ASAP, no exact Schedule/Date or timeframe estimates I can impart, but it is a lot sooner to a fix than it has been, could be imminent!

Signup for the newsletter here for product updates:

https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

Yes the email [email protected] is not working. Email [email protected] for any tech support.

• This is the same progress update people were getting in February. I understand it’s not your fault personally, but this whole scenario is unacceptable. I can’t use the product, I can’t get a refund, I can’t get any realistic timeframe of when it will be fixed. Software developers are able to work remotely and are doing so in most other business environments. This software was already buggy, making it a frustration to use on Windows. I downloaded it for Mac with the hope i’d have a positive experience. This is an expensive software reverb that doesn’t even work. What on Earth is going on with your dev team?
    edited June 2020

@craigedney said:
    This is the same progress update people were getting in February. I understand it’s not your fault personally, but this whole scenario is unacceptable. I can’t use the product, I can’t get a refund, I can’t get any realistic timeframe of when it will be fixed. Software developers are able to work remotely and are doing so in most other business environments. This software was already buggy, making it a frustration to use on Windows. I downloaded it for Mac with the hope i’d have a positive experience. This is an expensive software reverb that doesn’t even work. What on Earth is going on with your dev team?

I understand you're frustrated, I tell my supervisors, the engineers and their supervisors, we need a timeframe, this needs to be fixed, DAILY I do this, but I can't give you a time frame until they say "here is the time frame." I'm not giving any guesses or estimates personally either because if I say next week, and nothing arrives next week who does it help? Nobody, and I'm just not going to do it. I understand that sucks, but it is what it is. Acceptable or not. It's not a flippant issue, where no one is working on it and we'll just "get around to it" either. No need to even think that or put that sort of disinformation out there.

I'll say it again yes, that our team is working remotely and they are absolutely working on the issues, and it is sooner to a fix than it was since the issue originated. So that is not even the issue here. Other than that, don't know how many times or different ways I can say that they are working on it though that will satisfy you until it's fixed or some sort of schedule/date info. Until then, all I can do is mitigate complaints and dissent which trust me, I tell my supervisor, I tell their supervisors, daily. It's as exhausting and disheartening to me as it is to you. I want it fixed too trust me and I absolutely understand it is an issue that should be fixed "yesterday" and that months is unacceptable. I AGREE. I can't say anything else other that it is absolutely being worked on and it will be fixed. A lot of bugs and other things will be fixed as well.

I get it, I'm mad and frustrated by the issue too!

That's all I can say for now. When I get news, I'll impart it to you, trust me on that!

• Geri_OGeri_O Chief Engineer, AVA Entertainment Studios, Jackson, MS Posts: 4

Using the Native Reverb installer, I was able to install the reverb bundle, but still getting the "can't install" error on the Native Effects bundle. That's okay, the reverb bundle will do about everything I need for reverbs. And gosh, I'm glad!

Using it with Studio One v5.01

@Geri_O said:
    Using the Native Reverb installer, I was able to install the reverb bundle, but still getting the "can't install" error on the Native Effects bundle. That's okay, the reverb bundle will do about everything I need for reverbs. And gosh, I'm glad!

Using it with Studio One v5.01

The Effects will be fixed to work with 10.14/10.15 and fully updated to comply with their security requirements for Apple software and Pace/iLok