Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

MAC OS 10.14/10.15 - PCM Native Reverb and Effects - version 1.3.9/1.2.9 - download now!!

HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105
edited April 16 in Lexicon Software

Public Beta Fix for Mac OS 10.14/10.15 versions available now to download

PCM Native Reverb Version 1.3.9 - https://help.harmanpro.com/pcm-native-reverb-installer-for-mac
PCM Native Effects Version 1.2.9 - https://help.harmanpro.com/pcm-native-effects-bundle-installer-for-mac

This does not include official Big Sur compatibility but that is coming (customers have reported it working with Big Sur as of now)

«1

Comments

  • F.Y.I. The public Beta releases of PCM Native Effects and Reverb [both] installed successfully on my Big Sur Mac with latest patches. I use Universal Audio's Luna and the new native effects and reverb plugins load successfully and appear to work within Luna. I'll post any issues I run across.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @focusritegreen3 said:
    F.Y.I. The public Beta releases of PCM Native Effects and Reverb [both] installed successfully on my Big Sur Mac with latest patches. I use Universal Audio's Luna and the new native effects and reverb plugins load successfully and appear to work within Luna. I'll post any issues I run across.

    Thanks for the update @focusritegreen3

  • marcusenfpmarcusenfp Posts: 3

    Activation is failing for me when I start Logic Pro X with the new plugin updates. I have a screenshot showing both my iLok confirmation screen, and the new Lexicon Plugin denying it exists. When I re-input my registration number, it says it's maxed out. PLEASE HELP!

  • marcusenfpmarcusenfp Posts: 3

    I suspect that the new updater does NOT uninstall previous versions. I tried using the uninstaller for version 1.2.1, which you gave us in the interim, and it says "The Uninstaller needs to be updated by the publisher". PLEASE HELP!!!!

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @marcusenfp said:
    Activation is failing for me when I start Logic Pro X with the new plugin updates. I have a screenshot showing both my iLok confirmation screen, and the new Lexicon Plugin denying it exists. When I re-input my registration number, it says it's maxed out. PLEASE HELP!

    If you are getting activation notifications, uninstall and reinstall iLok License Manager:
    https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager

    If you're still having issues, contact Tech Support in my signature below.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    Is there a problem @FlorianS hmmm?

  • marcusenfpmarcusenfp Posts: 3

    Confirmed: Activation is grabbing versions 1.2.1 because the new updates do not uninstall this previous version, and the uninstaller for version 1.2.1 says "The Uninstaller needs to be updated by the publisher". Perhaps @FlorianS didn't have any previous versions installed? Any advice? Do I need to learn how to drill down into the file structure and find where 1.2.1 lives and manually delete it?

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105
    edited March 18

    @marcusenfp said:
    Confirmed: Activation is grabbing versions 1.2.1 because the new updates do not uninstall this previous version, and the uninstaller for version 1.2.1 says "The Uninstaller needs to be updated by the publisher". Perhaps @FlorianS didn't have any previous versions installed? Any advice? Do I need to learn how to drill down into the file structure and find where 1.2.1 lives and manually delete it?

    Okay you're talking about LXP Native Reverb Bundle 1.2.1 the previous version - please note that this thread is specifically about PCM Native Effects and Reverb for one, not LXP Native Reverb, there is a separate thread for that update. I will direct message you.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    Keep in mind, all the software have new uninstallers that work but this thread is specifically for the PCM Native Reverb/Effects Bundles, but if you downloaded PCM Native Reverb and Effects bundles from this thread and have LXP Native Reverb Bundle it will not work. You need to uninstall those. LXP Native Reverb Bundle 1.2.3 is at this thread:

    https://proforums.harman.com/lexicon/discussion/137567/mac-os-10-14-10-15-lxp-native-reverb-bundle-public-beta-1-2-3-now-available-download-here#latest

  • Geri_OGeri_O Chief Engineer, AVA Entertainment Studios, Jackson, MS Posts: 5

    YAY! Lex Native effects Bundle installs now! Using Studio One 5.2 on MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.7

    This was the only thing keeping me from mirroring our studio PC. Glad to have it running.

    Now I'll update to Big Sur and totally screw things up!.... :D:D

    Thanx, guys.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @Geri_O said:
    YAY! Lex Native effects Bundle installs now! Using Studio One 5.2 on MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.7

    This was the only thing keeping me from mirroring our studio PC. Glad to have it running.

    Now I'll update to Big Sur and totally screw things up!.... :D:D

    Thanx, guys.

    Glad to hear it @Geri_O

    @focusritegreen3 said he is running it fine on Big Sur, so take that as you will!

  • FlorianSFlorianS Posts: 2

    @HARMAN_EElde
    Sorry mail problem to activate my account

    I have cpu peak with 3 plugins :

    NativeChamber ,

    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512, 1024 BUFF.
    60% cpu peak @ 2048

    NativeHall,

    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512, 1024 2048 BUFF.

    NativeConcert Hall

    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512~, BUFF.
    34% cpu peak @ 2048

    Protools 2020,12
    MacPro Mid 2010 8 core
    OSX 10,14,6
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB

    Mail already send to support with video.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @FlorianS said:
    @HARMAN_EElde
    Sorry mail problem to activate my account

    I have cpu peak with 3 plugins :

    NativeChamber ,

    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512, 1024 BUFF.
    60% cpu peak @ 2048

    NativeHall,

    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512, 1024 2048 BUFF.

    NativeConcert Hall

    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512~, BUFF.
    34% cpu peak @ 2048

    Protools 2020,12
    MacPro Mid 2010 8 core
    OSX 10,14,6
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB

    Mail already send to support with video.

    Yes I talked to my colleague in support already and they informed me you had contacted them. Doesn't really explain why you would disagree with my post nonetheless, because these were fixes for compatibility for plugins to run on Mac 10.14 and 10.15, your issue is separate from that.

  • doctaj54doctaj54 www.nukmusiccompany.com Posts: 1
    edited March 27

    I'm looking forward to the official release.
    my post from Lexicon thread on Gearslutz

    **_Just did some testing with the 1.3.9 beta.
    12core 2010 Mac Pro running ProTools 2020.12 Ultimate on Mojave 10.14.6

    Overall, the 1.3.8 dmg is 562mb and the 1.3.9 dmg is only 284mb. The individual AAX file for each reverb are also about half the size of the previous version. The Hall, Concert Hall, and Chamber reverbs will load but immediately trigger a cpu spike and 9173 error when I try to playback the session no matter what the buffer setting would be. When I click and open the plugin info, those three show "1.3.8, Feb 26, 2021". The other reverb types load and seem to run without issue even when I option-click-drag to add another just below it. Their info shows as "1.3.9, Feb 27, 2021".

    You definitely need to re-insert the newer version of the reverbs were you had a previous version in a session. The original fader settings do seem to be reload into the newer versions but the category and the preset settings are totally different from the original setting. Maybe Lexicon can fix that. The newer versions do load faster but still are a little slow to un-insert or to disable. I didn't do any listening tests so I'm not sure if they sound the same. I will try 1.3.9 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina when I get time._**

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @doctaj54 said:
    I'm looking forward to the official release.
    my post from Lexicon thread on Gearslutz

    **_Just did some testing with the 1.3.9 beta.
    12core 2010 Mac Pro running ProTools 2020.12 Ultimate on Mojave 10.14.6

    Overall, the 1.3.8 dmg is 562mb and the 1.3.9 dmg is only 284mb. The individual AAX file for each reverb are also about half the size of the previous version. The Hall, Concert Hall, and Chamber reverbs will load but immediately trigger a cpu spike and 9173 error when I try to playback the session no matter what the buffer setting would be. When I click and open the plugin info, those three show "1.3.8, Feb 26, 2021". The other reverb types load and seem to run without issue even when I option-click-drag to add another just below it. Their info shows as "1.3.9, Feb 27, 2021".

    You definitely need to re-insert the newer version of the reverbs were you had a previous version in a session. The original fader settings do seem to be reload into the newer versions but the category and the preset settings are totally different from the original setting. Maybe Lexicon can fix that. The newer versions do load faster but still are a little slow to un-insert or to disable. I didn't do any listening tests so I'm not sure if they sound the same. I will try 1.3.9 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina when I get time._**

    The process is ongoing yes. Nothing has changed in the Reverb algorithm.

  • DrinDrin Posts: 3

    Native Effects now works fine on my Catalina system. Thanks! :)

  • santamorphicsantamorphic Posts: 1
    edited April 18

    @HARMAN_EElde said:
    Public Beta Fix for Mac OS 10.14/10.15 versions available now to download

    PCM Native Reverb Version 1.3.9 - https://help.harmanpro.com/pcm-native-reverb-installer-for-mac
    PCM Native Effects Version 1.2.9 - https://help.harmanpro.com/pcm-native-effects-bundle-installer-for-mac

    This does not include official Big Sur compatibility but that is coming (customers have reported it working with Big Sur as of now)

    How do I get hold of these updates, please? The downloads in the public site don't work on Catalina and the links in the first post of this thread require a dealer logon. Currently unable to use the plugins. Thanks!

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @santamorphic said:

    @HARMAN_EElde said:
    Public Beta Fix for Mac OS 10.14/10.15 versions available now to download

    PCM Native Reverb Version 1.3.9 - https://help.harmanpro.com/pcm-native-reverb-installer-for-mac
    PCM Native Effects Version 1.2.9 - https://help.harmanpro.com/pcm-native-effects-bundle-installer-for-mac

    This does not include official Big Sur compatibility but that is coming (customers have reported it working with Big Sur as of now)

    How do I get hold of these updates, please? The downloads in the public site don't work on Catalina and the links in the first post of this thread require a dealer logon. Currently unable to use the plugins. Thanks!

    There was an issue with the public facing links, they should be resolved now. Try it again.

  • JohnnieharrisJohnnieharris Posts: 4

    Cool deal, Thanks!
    I saw the new download links and will try it out. I'm really hoping for iLok cloud authorizations as well.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @Johnnieharris said:
    Cool deal, Thanks!
    I saw the new download links and will try it out. I'm really hoping for iLok cloud authorizations as well.

    We will not be using the iLok Cloud, but the idea is to do away with iLok/Pace authentication altogether. No idea when this will happen but we will announce it when we have an ETA for that phase of the plugin development.

  • @HARMAN_EElde

    Ok Thanks!
    It will be nice to not have to move my iLok authorization from the one ilok to the other. I run Protools and Logic on my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro at different times.

  • RumblemixRumblemix Posts: 1

    HI again.

    Should I bother to install this on my Mojave system(s)?

    Sadly, VERY expensive hardware nonsense has stranded my main mix computer and my B room machine on Mojave.

    I have 2 other machines running Big Sur I will certainly check this on.

    Looks like an uninstall of the old and failed code that killed me in the Catalina era should be completed before I do so.

    Correct?

    I'll check back here soon to see what the response is.

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Timbo

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @Rumblemix said:
    HI again.

    Should I bother to install this on my Mojave system(s)?

    Sadly, VERY expensive hardware nonsense has stranded my main mix computer and my B room machine on Mojave.

    I have 2 other machines running Big Sur I will certainly check this on.

    Looks like an uninstall of the old and failed code that killed me in the Catalina era should be completed before I do so.

    Correct?

    I'll check back here soon to see what the response is.

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Timbo

    Yes it works on Big Sur we have had customers report back.

    The new download has an uninstaller for the old version.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    Also - if anyone is having specific issues with the plugin updates for Mac, please write to [email protected] and include the following:

    Mac OS Version
    DAW Version
    Plugin Bundle and Plugin Type
    Description of the problem.

  • wilburguywilburguy Posts: 4

    I just tried the most recent release on Mojave and sadly report that the plugin presets list is still random. Very disappointed that this has not been resolved after so much time.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @wilburguy said:
    I just tried the most recent release on Mojave and sadly report that the plugin presets list is still random. Very disappointed that this has not been resolved after so much time.

    The preset listing issue has been resolved. I would recommend a full uninstall, reinstall the plugin. If it does not resolve, you may have to reinstall the Mac OS.

  • wilburguywilburguy Posts: 4

    I'll uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in package and the plug-in presets are still scrambled. If reinstalling the operating system is required to fix this problem then in my opinion lexicon has not really fixed the problem. I will carry forward with tech-support rather than wasting your time on this forum.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105
    edited July 13

    @wilburguy said:
    I'll uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in package and the plug-in presets are still scrambled. If reinstalling the operating system is required to fix this problem then in my opinion lexicon has not really fixed the problem. I will carry forward with tech-support rather than wasting your time on this forum.

    We have been informed there is an issue with the preset scrambling only on Big Sur as of now. It cannot be reproduced on Mojave or Catalina. A new version will be available soon. I am part of the tech support team btw. We're still resolving issues by reporting these to our developer. It is an ongoing process. Thanks.

  • studiotonstudioton Posts: 3

    Strange.. i was using beta and preset list was fine.. than i install public new version from site, and presets are scramled. back to beta installer, now presets is fine again, with beta installer only . Catalina MacOS

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

    @studioton said:
    Strange.. i was using beta and preset list was fine.. than i install public new version from site, and presets are scramled. back to beta installer, now presets is fine again, with beta installer only . Catalina MacOS

    It is the same version more or less, so that is strange.

Sign In or Register to comment.