Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software
Options

Alpha & guitar rig5

Hi all, I've just bought lexicon alpha, I've installing all plug in and driver. When I go in guitar rig to set the audio source I found the status of alpha asio in "stopped". The guitar rig manual tell me is a problem of lexicon driver but I think to install all correctly. I try to reinstall lexicon driver and restart pc a lot of time but the problem is still there.
Anyone know this problem?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my English

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

What OS are you using Windows or Mac?

• Options
    AltortoAltorto Posts: 4
    I'm using windows 7
  • Options

Try to uninstall the Alpha driver with this utility:
    https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

Download latest Alpha driver here: https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/alpha-driver-v2-7-windows

Reinstall and make sure that the Windows sound properties bitrate and frequency matches your Guitar Rig settings

• Options
    Ok, I try it now but it doesn't work. The problem is the same. I don't understand where to see the guitar rig setting..
  • Options

@Altorto said:
    Ok, I try it now but it doesn't work. The problem is the same. I don't understand where to see the guitar rig setting..

Oh no, well I have Guitar Rig, usually it's in the Audio Preferences there is an option to adjust the Asio settings. File>Audio and Midi Setup and the Audio tab, then you have to make sure the Alpha is listed there, and make sure you have the correct Routing setup

• Options
    Yes, is just in that audio tab that I read status : "stopped" in this tab is shown the alpha asio and with configuration: audio buffering: 36.1ms, build info: 2.7.0, sample rate 44100.
    In routing i can read inputs and outputs but I don't touch this setting is like standard setting
  • Options

@Altorto said:
    Yes, is just in that audio tab that I read status : "stopped" in this tab is shown the alpha asio and with configuration: audio buffering: 36.1ms, build info: 2.7.0, sample rate 44100.
    In routing i can read inputs and outputs but I don't touch this setting is like standard setting

I'm not sure but if the driver is installed correctly and you can select it in the Guitar Rig software it should work. You may need to contact Native Instruments support to see if something else needs to be considered.

• Options
    StevySokal7StevySokal7 Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

Hi there. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your Lexicon Alpha to work with Guitar Rig. You may be right that the issue is with the Lexicon drivers since the manual says that's one of the potential causes. One thing you could try is uninstalling the Lexicon drivers and then reinstalling them from scratch. Sometimes that can help resolve driver issues. I always buy accessories for a guitar here because the clerk knows a lot about them. He might give you some good advice. You might also try contacting the Lexicon support team for help if that doesn't work. Good luck, and I hope you can get things working!