Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

Second iLok authorisation?

I use two computers and would like to authorize PCM Total Bundle on both of them so I don't have to keep on moving a dongle around. I would also be happier with two authorisations in case the first dongle breaks down or - heaven forbid - gets lost. Would this be possible? Most developers offer 2 iLok authorizations (one for desktop, another for laptop, etc), or the option of purchasing an additional authorization at a greatly reduced fee (obviously, $999 is completly unaffordable for a second authorization for most users!). Any idea if/where/how I can do this?

Comments

• DrinDrin Posts: 2

I forgot to add that if I’m not able to do this, I will just have to phase out use of the Lexicon reverbs as I have other excellent reverbs by 2C Audio, eaReckon, Eventide, FabFilter, LiquidSonics, 112dB, MeldaProduction and Valhalla, all of which are authorised on both computers.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

Sent you a direct message.

• @Drin said:
    I forgot to add that if I’m not able to do this, I will just have to phase out use of the Lexicon reverbs as I have other excellent reverbs by 2C Audio, eaReckon, Eventide, FabFilter, LiquidSonics, 112dB, MeldaProduction and Valhalla, all of which are authorised on both computers.

Thank you, now this is became much so clear for me!

Eventually we are phasing out iLok authentication, but for now a USB iLok Key is a requirement. If you need a secondary iLok authorization for an additional workstation, we are usually able to accommodate. Feel free to reach out to me directly here and we can discuss it.

Those other manufacturers are good, and I use some Valhalla reverbs myself (they have some very good Lexicon 80's emulation stuff on their Vintage Verb), but the Lexicon are the most transparent and lush sounding reverbs out there imho, not even as a company rep saying this but as a recording musician etc.

• tedmanzietedmanzie Posts: 1

@HARMAN_EElde do you have any idea when iLok machine authorisation will be possible (no physical key)? Is it particularly difficult to add the option of machine based authorisation? Love the Lex reverbs I agree! But don't love dongles.

@tedmanzie said:
    @HARMAN_EElde do you have any idea when iLok machine authorisation will be possible (no physical key)? Is it particularly difficult to add the option of machine based authorisation? Love the Lex reverbs I agree! But don't love dongles.

I do not have an exact ETA but it is in a later phase of the plugin development plans they are working on.

• JollyMonkJollyMonk Posts: 2

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    Eventually we are phasing out iLok authentication, but for now a USB iLok Key is a requirement. If you need a secondary iLok authorization for an additional workstation, we are usually able to accommodate. Feel free to reach out to me directly here and we can discuss it. AARP Medicare

Those other manufacturers are good, and I use some Valhalla reverbs myself (they have some very good Lexicon 80's emulation stuff on their Vintage Verb), but the Lexicon are the most transparent and lush sounding reverbs out there imho, not even as a company rep saying this but as a recording musician etc.

Very informative post. I really do hope and pray this stuff works!

• Providing the user-base with a second iLok license seems like the bare minimum Lexicon can do after the 2 year wait for a working install we all went through. I know you are phasing out iLok but until then I know I could really use a second authorization. How can this happen for us?

edited June 2021

@davidloganmusic said:
    Providing the user-base with a second iLok license seems like the bare minimum Lexicon can do after the 2 year wait for a working install we all went through. I know you are phasing out iLok but until then I know I could really use a second authorization. How can this happen for us?

To be fair, it was just little over only 1 year, (February 2020-April 2021) not 2 years. That's inaccurate and I will correct you there because I don't want other customers to have inaccurate information.

Also, feel free to message me directly here and I'll discuss a second license with you personally but we are not rolling this out automatically to our customers no.

• It felt like a lifetime. Hyperbole is sometimes needed to express oneself. Thanks for correcting me. However, 2020&2021 are two calendar years “so what I said was true from a certain point of view” to quote Obi Wan ;-)

@davidloganmusic said:
    It felt like a lifetime. Hyperbole is sometimes needed to express oneself. Thanks for correcting me. However, 2020&2021 are two calendar years “so what I said was true from a certain point of view” to quote Obi Wan ;-)

Good quote! I got your DM, thanks!