Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

PCM Reverb Performance Issues

Tried the 1.3.10 version. It did fix the open/close issues.

However, quite frankly, the efficiency of these plugins (same as v1.3.9) is garbage.

v1.3.8 and v1.3.7 were much better. They were in fact usable when you had many loaded into one Pro Tools session. 1.3.9 and now 1.3.10 are not.

We run a simple test:
11 stereo tracks with double lexicion plugins on all of them (random hall and concert hall). Hit play.

• 1.3.9 and 1.3.10 spike to 100% usage and halt the whole thing from even playing. This is with buffers set to maximum on a Pro Tools Ult 2021.10 HDX system.
  • 1.3.8 plays completely fine (with around 20% usage -- steady). This is with even buffers set to 64 on a Pro Tools Ult 2021.10 HDX system.

Same test tried with an RME HDSPe MADI FX system (running Pro Tools again). Same issues.

What's gone wrong with Lexicon's plugin code? And is this going to be fixed in some kind of reasonable time?
It took forever for 1.3.10 to show up after 1.3.9. And to find out it still is problematic is disappointing. And it was bad enough that Lexicon changed the naming structure as it appears to Pro Tools between 1.3.8 and 1.3.9 where we had to rebuild all our templates (and know our older sessions will complain that the plugins aren't installed.) Feels very much like these plugins are ignored or put on the back burner in development over there. Used to love the plugins but slowly migrating away from them at the moment because of all these problems with (what seems) like no end in sight to get working versions again.
Eventually, 1.3.8 won't work on a macOS/new Apple hardware and that'll be it. And that day is coming soon -- really hoped 1.3.10 helped Eventide get its act together.

Comments

• @Memesonic said:
    Tried the 1.3.10 version. It did fix the open/close issues.

However, quite frankly, the efficiency of these plugins (same as v1.3.9) is garbage.

v1.3.8 and v1.3.7 were much better. They were in fact usable when you had many loaded into one Pro Tools session. 1.3.9 and now 1.3.10 are not.

We run a simple test:
    11 stereo tracks with double lexicion plugins on all of them (random hall and concert hall). Hit play.

• 1.3.9 and 1.3.10 spike to 100% usage and halt the whole thing from even playing. This is with buffers set to maximum on a Pro Tools Ult 2021.10 HDX system.
    • 1.3.8 plays completely fine (with around 20% usage -- steady). This is with even buffers set to 64 on a Pro Tools Ult 2021.10 HDX system.

Same test tried with an RME HDSPe MADI FX system (running Pro Tools again). Same issues.

What's gone wrong with Lexicon's plugin code? And is this going to be fixed in some kind of reasonable time?
    It took forever for 1.3.10 to show up after 1.3.9. And to find out it still is problematic is disappointing. And it was bad enough that Lexicon changed the naming structure as it appears to Pro Tools between 1.3.8 and 1.3.9 where we had to rebuild all our templates (and know our older sessions will complain that the plugins aren't installed.) Feels very much like these plugins are ignored or put on the back burner in development over there. Used to love the plugins but slowly migrating away from them at the moment because of all these problems with (what seems) like no end in sight to get working versions again.
    Eventually, 1.3.8 won't work on a macOS/new Apple hardware and that'll be it. And that day is coming soon -- really hoped 1.3.10 helped Eventide get its act together.

I'll report your issues, but need the following full information:

Full Mac OS Version
    Full Hardware Specs of your Mac Computer
    Full DAW Version

• Hi Harman !
    Great job it's a fail ! Have you consider to sell Lexicon to Eventide or Music tribe ? You don't care about Lexicon.

Same issue as 1,3,9 :

NativeChamber ,
    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512, 1024 BUFF.
    60% cpu peak @ 2048

NativeConcert Hall
    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512~, BUFF.
    34% cpu peak @ 2048

Protools 2021,12
    MacPro Mid 2010 8 core
    OSX 10,14,6
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB

I go back to 1,3,8 ... again !!

And be quick to repair and update your plugin, so we can use it on a M1 Mac.

Thanks ! Or not ...

• @FlorianS said:
    Hi Harman !
    Great job it's a fail ! Have you consider to sell Lexicon to Eventide or Music tribe ? You don't care about Lexicon.

Same issue as 1,3,9 :

NativeChamber ,
    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512, 1024 BUFF.
    60% cpu peak @ 2048

NativeConcert Hall
    FAIL @ 64 ,128, 256 ,512~, BUFF.
    34% cpu peak @ 2048

Protools 2021,12
    MacPro Mid 2010 8 core
    OSX 10,14,6
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB

I go back to 1,3,8 ... again !!

And be quick to repair and update your plugin, so we can use it on a M1 Mac.

Thanks ! Or not ...

Thanks for providing your details @FlorianS at least, and no, we are not selling anything to Eventide or Music tribe.

• JohnnieharrisJohnnieharris Posts: 4
    edited December 2021

I Just tested 1.3.10 (Dec 2021) running
    Protools Ultimate 2021.7
    Mojave 10.14.6 - 2010 Mac Pro 12-core
    and
    Catalina 10.15.7 - 2013 MacBook Pro i7 Quad

Chamber will not run at all. Protools stops when I hit the space bar at any buffer settings even with only one Chamber plugin inserted. Each of other plugins seems to run fine when only one is inserted. If I fill all ten insert slots I get a pulsing sound coming out the speakers. ex: Inserting ten Native Hall Reverb plugins on one track creates the pulsing sound. Protools does play without stopping and the CPU usage is around 32% with no spikes. The pulsing sound does not happen when I stack ten reverb plugins from other manufactures.

Weird thing:
    If I move those same ten reverb plugins to ten separate tracks(one on each of the ten tracks) there is no pulsing sound and the CPU usage also drops to around 5%. This CPU drop does happen with other plugins as well. I never noticed it until just now.

In Logic, all the Lexicon Reverbs seem to work without issues on both computers no matter how many reverbs I insert.

Lastly, are there any updates on getting a 2nd iLok authorization or maybe iLok Cloud authorization? It would really help those users with two computers. Thanks

• @Johnnieharris said:
    I Just tested 1.3.10 (Dec 2021) running
    Protools Ultimate 2021.7
    Mojave 10.14.6 - 2010 Mac Pro 12-core
    and
    Catalina 10.15.7 - 2013 MacBook Pro i7 Quad

Chamber will not run at all. Protools stops when I hit the space bar at any buffer settings even with only one Chamber plugin inserted. Each of other plugins seems to run fine when only one is inserted. If I fill all ten insert slots I get a pulsing sound coming out the speakers. ex: Inserting ten Native Hall Reverb plugins on one track creates the pulsing sound. Protools does play without stopping and the CPU usage is around 32% with no spikes. The pulsing sound does not happen when I stack ten reverb plugins from other manufactures.

Weird thing:
    If I move those same ten reverb plugins to ten separate tracks(one on each of the ten tracks) there is no pulsing sound and the CPU usage also drops to around 5%. This CPU drop does happen with other plugins as well. I never noticed it until just now.

In Logic, all the Lexicon Reverbs seem to work without issues on both computers no matter how many reverbs I insert.

Lastly, are there any updates on getting a 2nd iLok authorization or maybe iLok Cloud authorization? It would really help those users with two computers. Thanks

I'll report your findings to the dev.

We will not be using iLok Cloud no. As of now the iLok USB requirement will be in place. You can direct messages me here and we can discuss second license options.

• Thanks

• Hello !
    Surprisingly 1.3.8 work good on big sur , m1 chip, Mac mini and protools.