Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

About VST3 support

With Steinberg soon dropping support for VST2 starting with Cubase 12 this year, albeit with the M1 mac version for now, are there any plans on adding VST3 support for all Lexicon plugins in the near future? The PCM series contains my most favorite reverb plugins, and I'm worried that I will not be able to continue using them in the future.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@Intero said:
    With Steinberg soon dropping support for VST2 starting with Cubase 12 this year, albeit with the M1 mac version for now, are there any plans on adding VST3 support for all Lexicon plugins in the near future? The PCM series contains my most favorite reverb plugins, and I'm worried that I will not be able to continue using them in the future.

As of now I have not heard of any plans for a VST3 version of the Lexicon Plugins in the development phases.

• studiotonstudioton Posts: 14
    edited July 2022

vst3 is just as important as m1 native updates .. m1 native updates means nothing to us who work on Cubase/Nuendo . VST2 is DISCONTINUED by Steinberg from version 12 and its all blacklisted in m1 native mode.. you cant use it when you are native.. Lexicon should know that

@studioton said:
    vst3 is just as important as m1 native updates .. m1 native updates means nothing to us who work on Cubase/Nuendo . VST2 is DISCONTINUED by Steinberg from version 12 and its all blacklisted in m1 native mode.. you cant use it when you are native.. Lexicon should know that

The new version will have VST3 support.

Steinberg has discontinued VST2 support for development but our plugins still work with Cubase/Nuendo as of now

• studiotonstudioton Posts: 14

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@studioton said:

Steinberg has discontinued VST2 support for development but our plugins still work with Cubase/Nuendo as of now

good to know. I'm just afraid, knowing how it's been so far, that we'll have to wait too long for updates :(

@studioton said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@studioton said:

good to know. I'm just afraid, knowing how it's been so far, that we'll have to wait too long for updates :(

We've had 2 updates since April of 2021 (1.3.9 and 1.3.10), but unfortunately I cannot tell you any scheduling for further updates because they have not told me when a release will be available - if I had the information I would share that, but there will be a new version release at some point soon

• HankHank Posts: 1

Actually, this vst3-upgrade announcement can already be found in 2009 in various forums. This is not a good way how customers should be treated, and - at least for now - a good reason not to buy these plugins anymore.