Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon General Discussion
Options

Urgent Help needed please. Lexicon Alpha Windows 10

Hi everyone,

Just got a new laptop and it's my first time using Windows.

I have the lexicon alpha and installed the latest drivers, but everytime i use any DAW or amp simulation software(amplitube), i lose my audio on windows programs such as chrome, vlc etc. I tried to uncheck the exclusive mode but still havent got it to work. Please help. I've been trying to get this run and it's bugging me since I can't make it run correctly.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@louiev said:
    Hi everyone,

I have the lexicon alpha and installed the latest drivers, but everytime i use any DAW or amp simulation software(amplitube), i lose my audio on windows programs such as chrome, vlc etc. I tried to uncheck the exclusive mode but still havent got it to work. Please help. I've been trying to get this run and it's bugging me since I can't make it run correctly.

Are you using the Alpha as your general sound card? If so, the DAW or other software is taking over the use of the driver making it unavailable in Windows, or possibly, the settings of your DAW bitrate and frequency are differing from the settings under Sounds in Windows, you may want to make sure everything matches up.

• Options
    louievlouiev Posts: 2
    edited July 2022

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@louiev said:
    Hi everyone,

Are you using the Alpha as your general sound card? If so, the DAW or other software is taking over the use of the driver making it unavailable in Windows, or possibly, the settings of your DAW bitrate and frequency are differing from the settings under Sounds in Windows, you may want to make sure everything matches up.

Yes I did set up my al[ha as my general soundcard. Here are the screenshots of my sound properties.

Even with this I still get no sound from windows when my DAW or any Amp SImulator App is open. And Vice versa. When I have youtube open, I get no audio drivers found on my DAW when I launch it. I've been having this problem for a week now. Please help.

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@louiev said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@louiev said:
    Hi everyone,

Yes I did set up my al[ha as my general soundcard. Here are the screenshots of my sound properties.

Even with this I still get no sound from windows when my DAW or any Amp SImulator App is open. And Vice versa. When I have youtube open, I get no audio drivers found on my DAW when I launch it. I've been having this problem for a week now. Please help.

Has to be something with your DAW or Amp Simulator then, usually they have an option to release the driver when not being used or a similar option such as that. I don't have any other advice other than that.

• Options
    juanneumann72juanneumann72 Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

Yes use of the Lexicon support solved my issues too. Though I fear that the issues might arise again. I hope I am wrong