Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

Cloud iLok for LXP Bundle

Hi,
LXP is my last plug in which take a physical iLok, it's a bit annoying. Is there a way to have it on iLok Cloud ? Or do you think there will be a solution soon?

Thank You

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@Willyge said:
    Hi,
    LXP is my last plug in which take a physical iLok, it's a bit annoying. Is there a way to have it on iLok Cloud ? Or do you think there will be a solution soon?

Thank You

We do not have support for iLok Cloud but we are working on Machine authentication in the next update and eventually we may be doing away with Pace/iLok altogether.

• Hi! Is there any news about this??? Lexicon is my only plug in with ilok physical keys, it's annoying !

• The update is not released yet but will be later this year. I do not have an exact ETA at this time sorry,

• KarmKarm Posts: 1

Any news on that?
    Would be really helpful to know, when the update will be released ...

edited April 2023

@Karm said:
    Any news on that?
    Would be really helpful to know, when the update will be released ...

I do not have an exact timetable still but it will be released ASAP - I will make any announcements as soon as I have the info

• ab459ab459 Posts: 11
    edited May 2023

+1 for machine auth. instead usb. for PCM bundle.

@ab459 said:
    +1 for machine auth. instead usb. for PCM bundle.

We will definitely have machine authentication on the next version. Still waiting for internal testing to finish

• ml123ml123 Posts: 2

Hello, any news about the iLok Cloud? Lexicon is one of my favorites, but the physical key is really uncomfortable, and I'm eagerly looking forward to having it made :)

Thanks

• janr83janr83 Posts: 7
    Has the internal testing finished already for machine authentication?
    Can’t wait to ditch the ilock dongle. PCM reverb is the last plugin that still needs a dongle. Have been looking forward for this release for a long time!
  • I'd also echo that enthusiasm. The Random Hall plugin is something I use every day and swear by, due to its impeccable sound quality and depth of field. I can't wait to not have to plug in my iLok every time I use Cubase, as every other plugin I use is making use of the cloud. Please keep us updated, thanks!

Machine authentication will be welcomed by many. I would hope Cloud authentication for later on as well

• janr83janr83 Posts: 7
    We live in an age where MacBook Pro’s have become more powerful that the old Mac Pro’s and the ilok dongle has bacome a relic of the past. And the random hall reverb is my absolute favorite most used best sounding reverb for a lot of cases! It’s irreplaceable and I’m sure the Lexicon plugin user community will scream of joy when machine authentication is finally implemented.
    I hope we don’t have to wait for another year, checking this forum for an update way to many times in the hope to see an update.. 😅

I'm eagerly awaiting this like the rest of you. As of now the Lexicon plugins are the only ones I use that require the dongle. It is time to move on I agree!

I'll definitely drop any update news when I can. Hoping for some news soon.

• Glad I subscribed so when there is an update I can know about it.

@nickhintonmusic said:
    Glad I subscribed so when there is an update I can know about it.

Weclome to the forum @nickhintonmusic

• ml123ml123 Posts: 2

Hello, is there any update on the machine authentication? Has the internal testing been completed?

@ml123 said:
    Hello, is there any update on the machine authentication? Has the internal testing been completed?

They are still working on the updates for the VST3, Machine Authentication, stability fixes for all the plugins for both Windows and Mac versions. We may have open beta versions but I have no exact timeline. Hopefully soon!

• yazanyazan Posts: 6
    edited January 12

Hello and sorry for being tuff...

I don't really understand how people think about the dongle or the ilok, first i have my licenses on ilok since it was ilok 1, (the blue one) then the the second and the third generation without any single problem, so dont blame Ilok if you dont know how to use computers in the right way.

Second, have you ever thought in any cases when the website or/and the company shuts down? you will lose your money because there will be no authentication any more, but when it is on ilok you can use after 100 years without any restrictions.

for me i want at least an ilok cloud license.

@yazan said:

I don't really understand how people think about the dongle or the ilok, first i have my licenses on ilok since it was ilok 1, (the blue one) then the the second and the third generation without any single problem, so dont blame Ilok if you dont know how to use computers in the right way.

Second, have you ever thought in any cases when the website or/and the company shuts down? you will lose your money because there will be no authentication any more, but when it is on ilok you can use after 100 years without any restrictions.

As of now there are no plans to integrate our license with the iLok Cloud but definitely for Machine authentication and licenses are always active through Pace/iLok etc. Even if you lost your iLok dongle.

We will see about iLok cloud for the future if there is an option. I think it is the most convenient myself. Some other companies like Softube for example only offer dongle/machine authentication still too. I'm sure most companies including ours will move to cloud though

• yazanyazan Posts: 6

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@yazan said:

As of now there are no plans to integrate our license with the iLok Cloud but definitely for Machine authentication and licenses are always active through Pace/iLok etc. Even if you lost your iLok dongle.

We will see about iLok cloud for the future if there is an option. I think it is the most convenient myself. Some other companies like Softube for example only offer dongle/machine authentication still too. I'm sure most companies including ours will move to cloud though

Thanks for your fast response. exactly, Softube, UAD, Crane Song, Solid State, Soundtoys and much more are doing that.

just keep the Pace/iLok as an option please.

You're welcome! Yes, as of now no plans to stop using Pace/iLok.