Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

UI24r and Multitrack recording

Just recently got one of these machines and, apart from a few teething troubles (Actually headaches!) the only thing I can't do is record. It doesn't matter what I plug into the Record USB port, nothing is found. Manual says if the stick (medium) is to slow you will see the buffering change colour, and a message about the drive/stick/medium being too slow. Surely this means that it knows a Stick is inserted. The UI24 doesn't even show how much space is left. It just sits there and ignores it. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. It can't do 2 track recording either as it doesn't appear to see any drive in the port. I've sent E-mails to tech support but have so far not had a reply (BOO HOO!) Please please please do not suggest the You-Tube videos. They only talk about Write Speeds. Thanks

Comments

• Is your USB stick formatted to FAT32? If you’re not sure, plug it into your pc (if you’re using a pc), open file explorer and right click on it and select properties. That should tell you.

• grilem2grilem2 Posts: 2
    edited April 2019

is it usb 2.0? Is it larger that 64gig? I can't get it to recognized usb 3.0, or a 128gig stick. that's all i know about it. The one i use it a pny 64gig rated at 10. which is about 20meg a second write speed.

• marcopolomarcopolo Posts: 11

Hoot,...
    have you tried calling them?
    https://www.soundcraft.com/en/support
    I realized Soundcard is owned by Harman...which is owned by Samsung...which does not have the best support reputation...
    This is one of my concerns.. (support if the product does not seem up to spec.) Have you solved your issue?

• 113ch197113ch197 Posts: 1

Hi,
    I let you know that I have the same problem with my USB 3 memory stick, on my UI24R.
    And everything works well with my old memory stick.
    It’s a shame because here is what we can read into the manual :
    « Multi-track USB Play- back will require a minimum of USB 3.0 with a transfer rate of 25mb/s. » :o

• Hi! I have the same problem as hoot. Nothings happening when i inserted the usb (3.1 64gb). Under ‚space remaining‘ it says ‚not available‘ although the ui24r recognized the stick as ‚usb inserted‘. An older stick (8gb 2.0) didn‘t work as well.
    Hoot have you solved the problem? Any ideas/hints for me pleeeease ☹️
  • Can you confirm format type of USB drive?

@stefanie said:
    Hi! I have the same problem as hoot. Nothings happening when i inserted the usb (3.1 64gb). Under ‚space remaining‘ it says ‚not available‘ although the ui24r recognized the stick as ‚usb inserted‘. An older stick (8gb 2.0) didn‘t work as well.
    Hoot have you solved the problem? Any ideas/hints for me pleeeease ☹️

• RuediRuedi Posts: 1

Just bought a UI24R and did some tests on recording. Here the results.
    It doesn't matter what size of USB stick you insert into the REC slot, as long as the last partition (the right most partition in the Windows disk manager) on the USB stick is a FAT32 partition. The rest of the USB stick can be formatted as one or multiple NTFS partitions. exFAT partitions are not recognised. I even tried a 1TB SSD drive. it worked. The content of the other partitions can be used to play back music. FAT32 is old fashioned but it still gives you about 3 hours of recording time with 24 bit precision on 22 channels. I believe Soundcraft sticks to FAT32 because it uses far less CPU power than working on a NTFS partition with its enormous address space.