Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

UI24R reinitiating during presentation

I have a ui24r that during the presentation the screen turns black and restarts the console but the sound is not affected. What is the reason for this problem? Other users report the same problem. Who can help Thank you.

Comments

• angotangot Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I use a touchscreen connected via HDMI and sometimes it turns black and restarts - the sound is not affected. Could this be a hw problem and should I try and change the HDMI cable or is it a sw problem? Any suggestions. Thanks
  • I just bought my Ui24R and in the first day using in live show, I had the same problem that you guys said.
    I am using a Full HD monitor connected directly to the console HDMI out and some times, the "software" (I don't know if is realy the software) reboots. The sound is not affected, only the operator monitor.
    I thought that updating the firmware would fix the issue, but not!

• yes I'm using a touch monitor I'm having the same problem is the solution? Also the PC features also found in the touch monitor does not come out missing comes eq comp gate and so on. Features Emergency software that does not appear on the same screen !!!

• Infelizmente a ui24 não tem uma ventilação nele, ao usar a porta HDMI ele superdimensiona causando super aquecimento e reiniciando. Alternativa? Instalar um cooler nele, ou a saída que todos aqui no Brasil fazemos é não utilizar a saída HDMI da mesa, use na rede com notebook ou tablet e vcs nao terão mais problemas. Infelizmente há um problema de construção nessa mesa e não irão resolver enquanto nós compramos assim mesmo.
  • Gostaria de saber se a Soundcraft pretende resolver esses problemas ou pretende lançar algum novo produto.
  • Is there an answer to this problem I am new and there seems a lot of unanswered here 😊😭
  • Harman support says this is "expected behavior" :neutral:
    This has always been a problem on my mixers - I guess the only solution is to use the webinterface instead.
    I've also experienced the whole mixer crashing (audio cuts out) if a lot of effects are used - but that only lasts a second or two.

• I have been using my Ui24R for two years now and notice that this behavior is seasonal, which could be a temperature issue. During a problematic hot period I had an external fan blowing onto the unit and that seemed to reduce the number of instances that it happened. There is provision internally to fit a 60mm 12volt fan. It would be interesting to hear from others what the climate is like in your regions and whether the unit is well ventilated on not.