Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

UI12 constant connecting issues over WiFi

There seems to be a lot of talk about this on the net and for sure we have been having this issue.
We bought a new UI 12 about 3 weeks ago and have had constant issues with the page going to connecting. The device remains connected to the wifi of the UI 12, but the page simply cannot be accessed and the only remedy is to reboot the UI 12. At home this is annoying but okay, at a gig it is unworkable.
We have tried with multiple different devices, iPads, Macbooks, iphones. They all have exactly the same issue. The device is fine for a short while, then it goes to connecting and it is game over thanks for playing.
We bought this unit because of the built in wifi, if we can't use it then the unit is of little use to us.
We have patched the firmware to the latest version, so please tell us that you have a solution else we may need to just get a refund a choose something else.

Comments

• I'm sure you have a workaround by now but in a gig i would go wired. There's just too much traffic in the 2.4 band anymore esp in a gig where you have tons pf people using it. I found this for my iPAD which works great and allows for almost instaneous control. 20 bucks from Amazon. Where you use wireless use it but this may be a more reliable solution.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07SYH7PMW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• tlw6766tlw6766 Posts: 1

Hey, Youngboy, Can you give a product name or part number for Amazon? The link you provided in your response to VanLara (in January 2020) no longer works and I want to connect from my iPad Pro directly to the Ethernet port on my ui16
    I found some USB-C to Ethernet cables at Amazon but I’m not sure if that’s what I need