Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Mac: Sig 12 MTK - Some applications will not honor designated system output channels

apmeyerapmeyer Posts: 2
edited November 2018 in Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

I recently picked up a Signature 12 MTK. I'm using it with an iMac running Mojave 10.14.1. I have the mixer set to be the system input and output. Using the Audio Midi Setup application I've configured the speakers to use channels 11/12 as specified in the Soundcraft Recording Guide PDF.

Where I'm running into problems is that some apps will NOT honor these settings even though they are defined as the system settings. For example, Chrome, Safari and Spotify playback audio perfectly through the channels 11/12. However, Firefox and Discord (and some other applications) do not. If I enable USB RTN on channels 1/2 I'll hear audio from those applications there instead of 11/12. That's a problem since I'm using those channels for inputs. Ideally all system audio would route to 11/12 as I've specified.

Since the issue not specific to any one application it doesn't seem to be related to any one specific application but rather something at the system level.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

One other thing I've noticed is that I cannot use an application like Audio Hijack to reroute the audio from "problem" applications. Normally I could select the application and assign it a new output device. But with the 12 MTK set as the system sound output it (the mixer) seems to hijack the application so that it cannot be rerouted.

• Options

I have the exact same problems output with firefox and final cut pro X is 1/2 instead of 11/12 ...

Any solution ??

• Options

Hi !
    did you find the answer ? same problem here
    Thanx

• Options

Any news on this - I am keen to move OSX output onto a stereo channel and free up 1&2 - I select different speakers in midi setup - but nothing seems to happen.

Any tips greatly appreciated

• Options

This is a limitation of your software, not the hardware. Apple's GarageBand is exactly the same. It is hard coded into the software that output can only be sent to Channel 1 & 2...it's not selectable like Logic, that does have routable outputs. ...software... not the hardware...

• Options
    RoneiRonei Posts: 1
    edited July 2020

Também estou com problemas com minha 12MTK, como estou trabalhando online atualmente, preciso produzir som dos vídeos e músicas enquanto falo durante as reproduções usando microfone no canal 5. No meet ou zoom, simplesmente ela não reconhece nenhum canal para reprodução, seja 1 e 2, ou 11 e 12, as vezes ela funciona durante alguns segundos e do nada para de funcionar. Isto não acontece quando uso CUBASE 10 por exemplo. alguém com este mesmo problema?
    Obrigado