Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Notepad 8fx, Installation Failure Notepad Firmware and Control Panel Setup v1.09 (Windows 7/10)

Please your assistance on this one!

Received today a Soundcraft Notepad 8fx.
Trying to use it with my pc using windows 10 (Home).

Getting a "Installation Failure" (as below) when trying to install Notepad Firmware and Control Panel Setup v1.09 (Windows 7/10) download from the website.

Anyone tips or tricks?

<>

Preparation.

Preparing installation.
This may take some time to complete. Please wait ...

Installation.

Adding uninstallation support ...
Create folder: C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio
Create folder: C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\ucore.exe
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\soundcraft.ico
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\setup.ini
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\setup.exe
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudio.inf
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioks.inf
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\custom.ini
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudio.cat
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudio.sys
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioks.cat
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioks.sys
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBDfu.exe
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBDfu.xml
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SI-MADI-USBFirmware.bin
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\Soundcraft-Notepad.bin
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\Soundcraft-Signature-MTK12Firmware.bin
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\Soundcraft-Signature-MTK22Firmware.bin
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\Soundcraft-Signature-StereoFirmware.bin
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioasio.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioapi.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioasio_x64.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudioapi_x64.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Soundcraft\Multi-channel USB Audio\soundcraft.ico
Execute: 'C:\Users\Hewijo1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsnF535.tmp\signcheck.exe' cci "C:\Users\Hewijo1\AppData\Local\Temp\tlsfxCA397582\Soundcraft_Multi-channelUSBAudio_v4.13.0_2018-01-12\x64\SoundcraftUSBAudio.sys"
Waiting ...

The digital signature of driver file 'SoundcraftUSBAudio.sys'
is not accepted by this operating system.

==============================

Installation failed.

Comments

• HEWHEW Posts: 2
    edited January 2019

I did get fast help from Harman support, issue solved by following instructions:

Sometimes you need to disable Driver Signature Enforcement in windows 10 for our driver to install. Here is a link that explains how to do so.

https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/

• I just got a Notepad 12FX and have the same issue. I can't believe Harman/Soundcraft are recommending users disable a security feature of Windows. Can't they upgrade the drivers properly? Unresolved driver issues is the kind of experience I might expect with a cheap, no-name brand, not with Soundcraft. Granted, the Notepad series is pretty affordable, but still...?

• I forget my admin password or my up 24(((( can you help me...how can I change admin password

• On my ui 24 ))

• I previously had my Notepad 12FX drivers working fine with my Windows 10 PC. I had to do the silly workaround by disabling the certificate security. However, I recently had to reinstall Windows 10. Now I can't get the drivers to install and stay working. I disable certificate security, load the drivers, it works, but after I reboot, they no longer work. I have tried reinstalling multiple times. This is annoying.

Soundcraft should provide working drivers with valid certificates. This is ridiculous. Aren't they worried about their reputation??????

• I have the same issues with windows 10 and i need to proceed with the certificate desactivation each time I would like to record something. What a pain. What the heck are you waiting to fix this ????

• lucNlucN Posts: 1
    May 2020. Windows 10. Got the same issue. How it it possible in the 21st century to buy new gear and no way to make it properly work with a usb?
  • Compre la notepad 8x uso Windows 10 con ableton y reaper tengo serios problemas con el driver de la mixer ...
    Pueden ofrecerme una solución de esto?
  • jennielinjennielin Posts: 3

same issue here

• SczlsbSczlsb Posts: 2
    I have even a bigger problem because I have Windows 11 installed with ARMx64 processor and here at soundcraft nobody seems to care I wrote a lot of emails letters ask for technical support and until now I have no response