Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Is anyone aware of the soundcraft MTK12 low usb output flaw? Is this already fixed?

Hello. I would like to ask about soundcrafts specific product called mtk12. There has been a major issue roaming around that it has a very low usb output especially in the vocals. I am not sure if this is common for the product and also the other models but I hope I could get some answers of what has been done regarding this issue? Thanks.

Answers

• I'll let others pitch in who might have greater exposure to the issue but i have not heard any reports regarding this and i would suspect that it is more likely a gain structure issue. A similar question came to me through a different path within the last week or two and double checked myself with the product manager for Signature.

Also keep in mind that the stereo channel mic preamps don't have as a much gain in the mic preamp. The USB playback returns are 10db down.

• @HARMAN_Tder said:
    I'll let others pitch in who might have greater exposure to the issue but i have not heard any reports regarding this and i would suspect that it is more likely a gain structure issue. A similar question came to me through a different path within the last week or two and double checked myself with the product manager for Signature.

Also keep in mind that the stereo channel mic preamps don't have as a much gain in the mic preamp. The USB playback returns are 10db down.

Thanks for the input. I am new to audio engineering, is there a specific reason why would this be an issue to some? Why do podcasters tend to think this is a problem? My thinking is that if the usb output is low, you would just increase the gain in the daw.

• Increasing gain in DAW would work BUT.. better if possible to increase it at the mic preamp gain on the console as this would give better signal to noise at acquisition and likely better overall sound quality. Increasing at DAW would be 2nd choice but i view at as sort of patchwork fix though probably acceptable for a lot of applications.

I'm not sure on why some people are reporting this issue. Unless i see it/hear it with my own eyes/ears. I'm inclined to write it off as operator not having gain structure correct on mic preamp. Again i could be wrong as i'm a step removed from the smaller consoles as i spend the majority of my hands on time with our Vi series and secondarily Si Series.

• Thanks.

• galbert01galbert01 Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

I had this issue with the mac recognizing the mixer mtk12 via USB but not coming any sound out of it. I see a lot of people having the same issue and the company avoiding and not responding to it. can somebody here give me an answer, please?