Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Si Expression 3 Fault

Hello,
My Si Expression 3 powers up and LR, Monitor and Mono meter leds light up and there is no audio. All other functions seem normal. I notice that another member has the same issue, can anyone shed some light on this.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options

This is probably best served through contacting Tech Support in your region. Hard to trouble shoot this via online without a lot of back and forth BUT here's some questions:

1. When mic is plugged in (or any source). Do you have input meters?
    2. If so confirm Input Fader is up and channel is ON (unmuted)
    3. Make sure L/R is assigned on channel via ACS (assignable channel Strip at top)
    4. Make sure Stereo Master Fader is up and Master is ON
    5. Do you show Signal on the Main Output Meters and Monitor Meters (you seem to indicate this but want to confirm)
    6. Plug headphones in- Do you hear anything? First make sure there are no Solos on.. Then also try soloing input channel you have source plugged into- Do you hear anything in headphones?

Answering these will help narrow down a path

• Options

Hi, thanks for your reply, I will answer by point.
    When mic is plugged in (or any source). Do you have input meters?
    Yes, individual channel meters show signal.
    If so confirm Input Fader is up and channel is ON (unmuted)
    Yes to all.
    Make sure L/R is assigned on channel via ACS (assignable channel Strip at top)
    Assigned to A 01
    Make sure Stereo Master Fader is up and Master is ON
    On and up
    Do you show Signal on the Main Output Meters and Monitor Meters (you seem to indicate this but want to confirm)
    Please see my profile pic.
    Plug headphones in- Do you hear anything? First make sure there are no Solos on.. Then also try soloing input channel you have source plugged into- Do you hear anything in headphones?
    No audio in headphones.

• Options

No audio in phones with Solo either? Is there any chance the Rotary Monitor Level and Master Fader controls are swapped? Under MENU>Monitor LR Mon Level Swap = Enabled. The Master Fader would glow red as a warning that had occurred as well.

Otherwise i think you are probably to the point, if you haven't already, where you should contact Harman Pro Tech Support in your region If you're in the USA you can call +1 (844) 776-4899 and choose Option 2.

It is odd in that you show level on the Master Meters as they are at the very end of the signal chain/flow and if you have meters i would expect you to have output UNLESS there is an issue with the analog power supply +/- rails but if that was an issue you also wouldn't have input meters.

• Options
    timmoon64timmoon64 Posts: 1
    edited December 2021

Hi. Im experiencing the same issue. Please is there any solution to this problem?
    I went as far as purchasing new power cords, I even did the firmware upgrades and downgrade again but still to no avail.