Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

1004 sudden Local and Stage Lost connection messages on control surface!!!!

We are having this issue since a maonth, we changed the RJ-45 control cable from Local to Surface and it seemed solved!!!
Now it started again...It´s causing no audio issues, but I don't know if it will suddenly freeze the audio....
I was wondering about the control cable lengh....
The Satage and the Local Rack are never switched off, only the surface..
Any idea?!

Answers

• Options

This is definitely worth contacting tech support in your country France? Sometimes this can be caused by a bad Merger Card. Also eliminate any intermediary connections or panels. Go RJ45 direct from surface to bridge card.

Depending on cable type you should be able to go around 100M but rarely do we have anyone using it at this length. This could also be problem with CPU in Console Surface.

• Options

We are having this issue for a month now, we´ve changed the RJ-45 control cable from Local to Surface and it seemed solved!!!
    Now it started again...It´s causing no audio issues, but I don't know if it will suddenly freeze the audio....
    I was wondering about the control cable lengh....
    The Satage and the Local Rack are never switched off, only the surface..
    Any idea?!

• Options

Thanks a lot, I´ll check connections.
    By the way, I´m from Argentina!!!
    We are using a straight cable, CAT6 cable, from surface to Bridge Card, about 25meters long.
    We actually have a Vi6 and another Vi7000, none of them had this issue.
    It started a month ago, Local Rack is never shutted down, only Control Surface...
    Do you think this could have something to do with this issue?
    As I said before..., the Audio has never been corrupted, not even the surface controls or faders...
    I´ll keep on looking at this issue and let you know.
    Best regards.

• Options

I think Merger Card partial failure may cause this. Let me check with our techs and I'll get back to you

• Options

Ok, thans for your answer!!!
    By the way, we reset LocalRack, Stage and control surface and it´s been working fine for the last two weeks.
    As I said, we just power off the Control Surface, Local and Stage allways ON.

• Options
    TELEARTE_Canal9TELEARTE_Canal9 Posts: 5
    edited January 2021

We are now having issues with the control surface again....
    When you do a Copy/Paste, or try to work with VCAs (grouping), the surface suddenly crash!.., audio still coming in and out..., but vistonics and touch screens doesn´t respond!!!!! The only solution is to reset...by button or unplug the power when the fail is on the whole surface....
    Problems appear every two weeks...we are thinking about powering off LocalRack and StageBox when we power off the surface every night. Anyway, doesn´t seem a Local or Stage problem
    Additional information about versions:
    Release: 170710-6.3.1.294
    Plattform: 7.1.7.3

• Options

In a perfect world i would recommend support from your local distributor. However if you want to drop me an e-mail. I will get our North American Vi support team involved and see if we can help. Gut feel is that you may have several different issues going on. You are also on VERY old firmware. I think it would be good idea to upgrade as the crash is possibly an older bug. I'll need to do some research. You can email me at Tder@harman.com

Thanks!