Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Notepad 12FX Queries for USB use. Thank You

Hello everyone. My first post!

Sorry to be rude - but please could you answer if you definitely know the answers for sure?!!
Big thanks!

1. When using the Notepad 12FX as an audio interface for DAW recording through its USB port:
    • Can your recording include the eq settings from the mixer?
      If "yes" - how do you do it?
  • Can your recording include the effects from the mixer?
  1. When using the Notepad 12FX for Livestreaming through its USB port:
    • Can your recording include the eq settings from the mixer?
  • Can your recording include the effects from the mixer?

Big thanks!!!

MikeN

Comments

• In short as long as you choose the main stereo output/Mix L + R as the source for the USB Output then it will do everything you listed above

• MikeNMikeN Posts: 3

@HARMAN_Tder said:
    In short as long as you choose the main stereo output/Mix L + R as the source for the USB Output then it will do everything you listed above

@HARMAN_Tder.
    How should I set the USB Input?
    Big thanks!

MikeN

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184
    edited February 2021

You need to download the Soundcraft USB Audio Control Panel for either MAC or PC and select it there. I believe that should be the default selection but if not you will have to use the drop down menu under input. Keep in mind that the Mix L + R selection doesn't show unless you scroll down. I have attached a picture of the control panel with L+R selected and how it looks if you just open it up (which again may be confusing as you don't see the L+R option until you scroll down). Get the USB Audio Control Panel here: https://www.soundcraft.com/en-US/products/notepad-12fx#downloads_and_docs Use the latest version 2.04

• Just realized i can't easily post a photo with out uploading it to a host URL. It's pretty straight ahead. Let us know if you have issues.

• MikeNMikeN Posts: 3
    edited February 2021

@HARMAN_Tder said:
    Just realized i can't easily post a photo with out uploading it to a host URL. It's pretty straight ahead. Let us know if you have issues.

I've done a test in Zoom settings and monitored through headphones in my laptop. The onboard eq and FX are definitely there.... so big thanks!

BUT I got a problem with the Soundcraft USB Control Panel

It will only open one time after I have booted up my Windows 10 laptop and have signed in.
    If I close this application - it will not open again.
    I have to sign out of Windows 10 and sign back in Windows 10 again to open Soundcraft USB Control Panel again.

I have completely uninstalled it, downloaded again from the Soundcraft website - and re-installed.
    It still behaves in the same way.
    It is the 2.0.4 version - which I am told is the most up to date version.

No other application I have installed behaves in this way.
    This cannot be right.

Have you heard of this before?
    What should I do to fix this?

Thanks

MikeN

• Unfortunately i don't have any answers for you as it is nothing i have come across before. This is better dealt with using phone tech support - +1 (844) 776-4899 Option 1 if you are in the USA . Otherwise contact the distributor in your country.

• sajancjsajancj Posts: 4

notepad mixers will not use for live stream, you cant record or stream with effects, because its the usb connection is not routed with output master , its only can connect any two input channels recording/stream purpose only.

Mix L + R selection doesn't show unless you scroll down

we cant find this option anywhere..