Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion

How to Increase of the ASIO IOs

Hi there, hope everybody is all good.
I contacted technical support with no avail and I thought that I might give a try here. Just bought two UI24Rs because of the cascade option. My main and only purpose is for the studio as I have many synths. While I managed to connect/cascade them withouut any problems and both also conncted with the USB, what I noticed, altoght I have them both show on the Soundcraft control panel I only have 32 asio channels which do not cover all of the actual hardware inputs of both Ui24Rs. I know I can control pretty much everything from the main mixer but I am interested on having the IOs of both UI24Rs on the DAW (Cubase in this case). Hope it is not confusing and I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks you all!

Comments

• I need to do a little research since this outside my area of expertise i think you will need to do an aggregate device. See attached link from Ableton or research via the web on your own. I will also make sure what you're trying to do will work from the Sounddcraft Ui side of things. https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209071609-Using-Aggregate-Devices-and-multiple-audio-interfaces

• Fact checked myself and I'm correct.. you need an aggregate driver... see this link.. similar to above but with more detail https://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how-to/101-ableton-live-using-multiple-interfaces

• @HARMAN_Tder said:
    Fact checked myself and I'm correct.. you need an aggregate driver... see this link.. similar to above but with more detail https://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how-to/101-ableton-live-using-multiple-interfaces

Thank you so much! I'll look into it and let you know how I will be doing. I did know about the aggregate on Mac but never thought of the Asio4all on PC. Althought, I hope, Soundcraft would come up with something about it.
    Talk to you later!

• Unfortunately is not working well for me. I tried on Cubase 11and Live 11 and both crashes with Asia4all driver. It was doing fine but then upon the switching on of the channels IOs, it started to crash. It a bit unreliable and I can really work like that. I need something more solid. As I said, I hope Soundcraft will come up with some solution on cascading the ASIO IOs by doubling the IOs available in the DAW making it 64x64. Thought, I haven't heard anything from them yet since I contated them a couple of weeks ago. I am starting to regret it as I bought two Ui24Rs, thinking that I could do that. Shame!
    Again thank you, HARMAN_Tder, for your support and thoughts about it. Really appreciated.

• Hmmph.. yep.. really can't help you as i don't have a great deal of experience with Asio4all. The Ui24R USB capability is what it is and can't be expanded. In fact i can't think of any products off the top of my head that offer 64 x 64 USB capability though i'm sure there must be some. Typically once you are in this sort of channel count you are another level of product that will have either MADI or Dante for recording i/o.