Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Ui16 not working with Android -an error message (storing of settings is unavailable)

I have a brand new Ui16 with the latest firmware. Works well with Windows laptop, but with no Android device. I have tried several devices.
I keep on getting an error message: Storing of settings is unavailable -probably 'private mode' is on. After this there appears a view of a single aux channel on the screen, but it's not possible to navigate anywhere from this view.
The Android devices find the Ui16 and connect it. Network and other settings have been reset (no master passwords or alike).

Answers

• I have tried with Chrome and Firefox navigators and in incognito mode. Here's a pic of the view:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8-6lU7xfbXCd3hFRkJJVE15dWN5QnRnN05uWkw5NWd2eVRN

• ARTURRGARTURRG Posts: 1
    > @mmokako said:
    > I have a brand new Ui16 with the latest firmware. Works well with Windows laptop, but with no Android device. I have tried several devices.
    > I keep on getting an error message: Storing of settings is unavailable -probably 'private mode' is on. After this there appears a view of a single aux channel on the screen, but it's not possible to navigate anywhere from this view.
    > The Android devices find the Ui16 and connect it. Network and other settings have been reset (no master passwords or alike).

I have the same problem. Did you solve it? How?
  • mmokakommokako Posts: 4

First check your mobile or tab display is locked to landscape position. Then type '10.10.1.1/mixer.html' on your browser address window.

• bassman59bassman59 Posts: 8

Hi mmokako,
    I had a UI16 (I just sold it) I've bought a Ui24R to replace it. I always used a laptop to connect to the Ui16 without a problem. The guy I sold the Ui16 to is having the same issue as you described (using a tablet). Did the 'lock to landscape' and '10.10.1.1/mixer.html' fix the issue for you. Thanks Ed

• mmokakommokako Posts: 4
    Yes, it did. The problem was that I had the display in portrait setting. I also contacted Harman Europe support. They were very helpful and patient. I made some resets and setup file updates. Even they didn't come to think of the display setting as the reason for the problem. This issue is not underlined in the user manual and the UI does not prompt you to change your display setting. I accidentally found out that it was due this trivial reason after changing the setting for some other purpose and then reconnecting to UI16.
  • bassman59bassman59 Posts: 8

@mmokako said:
    Yes, it did. The problem was that I had the display in portrait setting. I also contacted Harman Europe support. They were very helpful and patient. I made some resets and setup file updates. Even they didn't come to think of the display setting as the reason for the problem. This issue is not underlined in the user manual and the UI does not prompt you to change your display setting. I accidentally found out that it was due this trivial reason after changing the setting for some other purpose and then reconnecting to UI16.

Many thanks. I'll pass on the info.
    Ed