Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Is it possible to record external FX directly into a DAW with the Notepad -12fx?

Hi.

I have a guitar pedal that I am using as an external effect with my Notepad 12fx. This is the signal flow: Auxiliary Out > effect pedal IN > effect pedal OUT > FX channel 11 IN. I can't figure out how to record the effected signal into my DAW (Logic Pro) or if this is even possible. If anybody could help it would be great.

Thanks!

Answers

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

If i'm not mistaken you should be able to record the FX to your DAW assuming you have chosen the correct feed to the DAW in the Soundcraft USB Audio Control panel. Depending on what you want to do you probably should choose MIX L+R (this would record whatever you are hearing in your headphones or nearfield monitors (with no solo engaged).

What have you selected under Audio Routing in USB Audio Control Panel?

• nrcassnrcass Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply! I am recording a synth into channel 1 with a delay pedal running from the aux out to through the pedal and out to the external FX in. In the control panel, I have the following inputs selected: Mic input 1+2 and also inputs Mix ( L+R).

The synth is being effected as I would wish but my DAW is not recording the effected signal, just the dry one.