Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

6 fully separated Aux Channels on UI16

Hello,

Is it possible to get 6 fully separated Aux Channels with the UI16 using the 2 Headphone outs as Aux 5 and Aux 6 and send them individual mixes? My understanding is that this should indeed work, but so far i do only get the mixer settings from Aux 5 to Aux 6 as well. I have set the Headphones Out to Aux in the global settings page but I'm kind of lost...

Anyone got some information?

Cheers,
Aron

Comments

• Options

Arno,

I use the aux5 and aux6 sometimes. The only thing to remember is that aux5 is on the left channel of the headphone output and aux6 on the right channel. You need a splitting cable to convert the stereo jack connection to 2 xlr or mono jack, just what you need. So both headphone connections have aux5 on left and aux6 on right.

Good luck,
    Martin.

• Options

I just got off the phone with a Harman/Soundcraft tech who kept insisting that, with the Ui16, all that I have to do is plug a 1/4 in TRS to TRS cable into each of the headphone outputs and reconfigure the headphone out setting to AUX. This will give me AUX 5 and 6. When I explained that these are parallel wired outputs with the same signal out, he kept insisting that, no, the Ui16 will split these outputs int 5 and 6. He refused to believe that a splitter was needed. Thank you MartinBron for your post.

• Options

So to confirm, the Aux 5/6 outputs are unbalanced? Aux5 on the tip and Aux 6 on the ring?

• Options
    tlttlt Posts: 1

I am able to get signal to AUX 5 & AUX 6 via the headphone out. I've done the following:
    1. enabled the global setting to AUX
    2. used one 1/4 TRS to 2 XLR splitter on one of the headphone output 1 or 2
    3. used two 1/4 TRS to 1 XLR on both of headphone output 1 and 2
    Both 2 & 3 gave me the same result on AUX 5 and AUX 6. That is, when I stereo link AUX 5 & AUX 6, or have them on the same level, their signals are cancelled and I get nothing out of AUX 5 & AUX 6. If I want the signal to go through both AUX 5 and AUX 6, I have to bring one of them down to zero and the other up to the desired level. AUX 5 & AUX 6 does not behaves as individual channel. This is not the result I was hoping for. I'm only getting one extra channel here not two. Am I doing something wrong?