Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Ui24R Aux stereo link issue

I'm experiencing an issue where on aux 9/10 if I stereo link them we aux only gets a few channels. But if I unlink them it works as expected. I've reset the channels then relinked them and the same thing happens. Can anyone suggest what is happening and how it can be fixed?

Comments

• Options
    wolfgangwolfgang Posts: 7

@Bedlore said:
    if I stereo link them we aux only gets a few channels.

What do you mean by that?

• Options
    BedloreBedlore Posts: 3

Thanks @wolfgang, that was a muddled message.

So I've investigated further, I've now done a full reset too which did not help. Oddly after the reset it still remembered my shows/cues which I find odd but other than that I have no reason to think the reset didn't work, all channels were reset, unnamed etc.

I better understand the problem now, the second headphone output appears to be problem, whether its hardware or software I can't tell but I'm leaning toward a hardware failure. The symptoms are:

• if aux 9/10 is sent to headphones2 in mono mode, it sounds fine. If I link aux9/10 (run stereo) then headphones2 is near silent unless I push high levels and then it distorts and crackles a little.
    • I discovered if I invert the phase on one side (aux 9) then it sounds/acts normal, so there is some sort of phase issue that is cancelling the headphones2 output.
    • Slightly different issue found if I run stereo aux 5/6 to headphones2, it acts more like a high-pass filter and all bass is missing below around 200Hz

It's not under warranty and I'm guessing if I send the unit in for repair I'll have to wait a month and they'll just replace entire boards and cost me a bomb. So running mono through headphones2 seems to be a logical option :(

Is there any official presence on these forums from Harman, seems eerily quiet.

• Options
    wolfgangwolfgang Posts: 7
    edited May 2022

You are sure your stereo input is in phase?
    Does it the same kind of cancelling if you route a mono input over Aux 9/10 to HP2?
    B.t.w. does HP1 has the same result?