Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion

Noise in one channel without any device connected to the inputs!

The channel 17, without any devices connected to any input, have a very loud noise and the indicators shows as if there is a signal coming.
What should i do?

Flag Quote · Disagree Agree Like LOL

Comments

• BersnortalBersnortal Posts: 1

I purchased a UI24R in January and experienced the same thing on channel 3 in my unit. I returned it for warranty repair and they replaced the mic preamp in that channel. Very fast turn-around and great results

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

This is likely a service issue. You don't mention which product you are using so its hard to add much more additional info or troubleshooting hints.

@DaveHumMarAnt said:
    The channel 17, without any devices connected to any input, have a very loud noise and the indicators shows as if there is a signal coming.
    What should i do?

• @HARMAN_Tder said:
    This is likely a service issue. You don't mention which product you are using so its hard to add much more additional info or troubleshooting hints.

@DaveHumMarAnt said:
    What should i do?

Sorry... it´s a ui24r purchased in December!

• tmjjmttmjjmt Posts: 1

Have a fairly new ui24 mixer and channel 11 and aux channels 1, 2, 3, & 4 produce noise/static with nothing plugged in. Muting these channels silences the static. I'm assuming based on forum discussions, this should be repaired by SoundCraft. If there are any other suggestions, please advise. Thanks!

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

@tmjjmt said:
    Have a fairly new ui24 mixer and channel 11 and aux channels 1, 2, 3, & 4 produce noise/static with nothing plugged in. Muting these channels silences the static. I'm assuming based on forum discussions, this should be repaired by SoundCraft. If there are any other suggestions, please advise. Thanks!

You should contact Tech Support- also make sure that all input channel (particularly channel 11) sends to AUX1-4 are turned down. Its possible that you have 1 noisy input channel but its sending to these Auxes.

• laurent_latorrelaurent_latorre Posts: 1
    edited July 2022

Same thing here for a UI24R unit I bought in October 2020. I returned it in January 2021 and it get fixed for a moment but some weeks later, a couple of other channels started to get noisy again (it seems to worsen when the mixer warms up). I've made my own investigation and I'm 99% sure that there is a fabrication issue with solder joints on the preamp board. Why do I think so ? Because a simple "reflow" of some solder joint can fix some problems. Yet, the board is so crowded with component that it's not possible to fix everything...

I'm not very surprised that I'm not the only one having problem. I sent the unit back a second time yesterday to the distributor (Thomann)... Will see... I asked for the whole unit replacement, or at least, a complete replacement of the preamp board.

If people at Soundcraft are interested, I can provide unit serial number, pictures and Audio Precision APX-525 measurements I've made. Thanks for helping us!

• Same issue... Good to see that I'm not alone. :-). Returning to Amazon for a new one. Giving this one more try

• I have a UI24 bought October 2022 after it was only 3 months old channel 10 input gain started to get noisy with nothing plugged into it. When the input gain fade was moved up, it crackled and if I plugged something into it it turned it down. When I move the fader down it turned the input signal up and was really distorted. When I move the fader up and down it also moves the faders leds in channIe 6 and 7. Does exactly the same with channel 20 have seen several posts on You Tubes that are showing similar issues. Has anyone else had this and sent it back. If so how long did the repair take and did it resolve the issue. I am worried if it is a continuing problem that will end up with me having to buy a more reliable unit.