Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion

Using hard drivers and Backup recording on ui24r

Hi, im Jander. I'm about to buy a ui24r i already read the manual and i have two questions

1 - can i record directly to usb and for daw at the same time? (it means a backup record for live concerts)
2 - can i use an external hard drive for direct recording or just flash drivers?

have a good day, thank u all

Comments

• PcnPcn Posts: 1
    Can you use a external hard drive to record
  • @janderazeitona said:
    Hi, im Jander. I'm about to buy a ui24r i already read the manual and i have two questions

1 - can i record directly to usb and for daw at the same time? (it means a backup record for live concerts)
    2 - can i use an external hard drive for direct recording or just flash drivers?

Yes you can record simultaneously to USB Stick and DAW. You can use an external Hard drive but you need to use one that has an external power supply. Most Hard Drives that do not have external power supply will draw too much current from the USB port and at best will cause issues on any devices connected via USB and at worst, damage the USB port.

• bassman59bassman59 Posts: 8

@HARMAN_Tder said:

@janderazeitona said:

Yes you can record simultaneously to USB Stick and DAW. You can use an external Hard drive but you need to use one that has an external power supply. Most Hard Drives that do not have external power supply will draw too much current from the USB port and at best will cause issues on any devices connected via USB and at worst, damage the USB port.

Hi,
    I have just purchased a UI24R for recording live etc. Just wondering how you managed with recording from the Ui24R and can you recommend a USB drive that will do the job for recording. Ideally something I can remove and take to the studio DAW. There are so many options available online it would be good to know which ones you found that worked.
    Thanks,
    Ed

• I use an usb 3 ssd drive in a caddy, as well as the usb stick. I find the usb stick gets a little hot. Both work well.