Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Phantom Power not available when patched with DAW

Hi guys, I have my UI24R connected correctly and patched with Cubase. But when I patch the corresponding channel, I can't activate phantom power anymore. The button just disappears on that channel. How can I activate this? Nothing is properly explained in the manual and I can't find a solution on the internet.

Comments

• okay, i figured it out. It doesn't make sense though because I selected an input in Cubase that doesn't have the mic in it at all, but whatever. The main thing is that I can record now.
    Since I obviously can't delete my post, feel free to have an admin delete it.

• scytechscytech Posts: 148

Your observation is part of the learning process. It may help others in a similar situation.

• flemingmrasflemingmras Posts: 8
    edited October 2022

@garugc said:
    Hi guys, I have my UI24R connected correctly and patched with Cubase. But when I patch the corresponding channel, I can't activate phantom power anymore. The button just disappears on that channel. How can I activate this? Nothing is properly explained in the manual and I can't find a solution on the internet.

@Ui24R V1 Manual states:
    Note: When selecting DAW or USB A playback these will be disabled and another set available for recording after the first 20 mic input channels.

When you route a channel to the DAW, its gain controls are moved to a second set of gain controls, named HW-1, HW-2, HW-3, so on and so forth. These are used for input levels to the DAW as well as phantom power.

Click the MIX/GAIN button, then scroll past the 24 channels and you'll see it.