Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Software & Mobile Apps
Options

Mixing Station for Vi/Si and Ui series

Hi,
I'm the developer of Mixing Station, the cross platform remote control app for digital audio mixers.
In case you don't know mixing station yet: It's a fully customizable app which allows you to remote control digital mixers from various brands, including the Soundcraft Vi, Si and soon Ui series.
It also has a lot of additional features like cross mixer channel presets, unlimited dcas, custom layouts, bright theme for outdoor usage, a mode for fixed installations, support for usb midi and much more.

https://mixingstation.app

As already mentioned the Ui series will soon be supported as well, including device discovery and FX support. Since I don't own any Ui mixer at the time I'm happy to get some feedback about the stability of the App with the Ui series.

Comments

• Options

Well done, thanks for Ui support!

• Options

Any chance someone can develop an app or something that allows for mix control only? Like for on stage in ear monitors, where the users cant adjust anything else? I know VISI Listen is supposed to do this but its extremely hard to get the app to work with some apple phones, plus its super tiny and hard to navigate on smaller phones

• Options

@LGCSublette said:
    Any chance someone can develop an app or something that allows for mix control only? Like for on stage in ear monitors, where the users cant adjust anything else? I know VISI Listen is supposed to do this but its extremely hard to get the app to work with some apple phones, plus its super tiny and hard to navigate on smaller phones

Mixing Station has an "Permissions" setting for that. This prevents access to anything else, other than the personal mix. You can also select multiple mixes (in case you have a dedicated monitor person using the app).

• Options

@davidgiga1993 said:

@LGCSublette said:

Mixing Station has an "Permissions" setting for that. This prevents access to anything else, other than the personal mix. You can also select multiple mixes (in case you have a dedicated monitor person using the app).

Awesome! Perfect!

• Options
    GoranKGoranK Posts: 3
    Hey, thanks for the app, but when i try to sve channel eq in presets, selected q factor is not saved.
  • Options
    Hey, i would like to add my view of the Mixing station app that i been using and testing for past few days, and think it is great app, but it has few bugs.
    I bought Ui24R mixing console which i use, and decide to try Mixing station app, and for the most part it works flawlessly, but there are some bugs, so let me explain.

When i try to connect app with my mixer it says:

"3.4.8310-ui24
    This firmware is too new!
    Continue anyway?"

So when i select yes it then connects to my mixer and it works, but there are some bugs that i would like to mention.

As i mentioned in previous post when i try to save channel eq in presets with different q factor, it does not want to save that q factor, so when i load that saved file it resets q factor to default value.

Next labelling of some channels is wrong, for example in app it says Aux 1 to Aux 4, but these channels controll different channels on mixer so let me explain how it should be:

In app channels "Aux 1" and "Aux 2" actually controlls "Line in L" and "Line in R" on mixer, and channel "Aux 3" and "Aux 4" in app actually controlls "Player L" and "Player R" on mixer.

Next, in app channels "Mix 1 - Mix 10" are wrongly labelled and should be labelled as "Aux 1 - Aux 10".

So that is my feedback from using app with my mixer, and overall i think the app is great for using and customization ability.

cheers
  • Options

@GoranK said:
    Hey, i would like to add my view of the Mixing station app that i been using and testing for past few days, and think it is great app, but it has few bugs.
    I bought Ui24R mixing console which i use, and decide to try Mixing station app, and for the most part it works flawlessly, but there are some bugs, so let me explain.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

When i try to connect app with my mixer it says:

"3.4.8310-ui24
    This firmware is too new!
    Continue anyway?"

Very interessting! Where did you find that firmware? On the soundcraft page the latest is 3.3.8293 (see https://www.soundcraft.com/en/products/ui24r#downloads_and_docs)

If it works anyways I'll add support to the app for that version.

As i mentioned in previous post when i try to save channel eq in presets with different q factor, it does not want to save that q factor, so when i load that saved file it resets q factor to default value.

Yes this has already been fixed for the next version, see https://mixingstation.app/changelogs/pc/1_7_6

Next labelling of some channels is wrong, for example in app it says Aux 1 to Aux 4, but these channels controll different channels on mixer so let me explain how it should be:

In Mixing Station "Aux" channels are auxiliary inputs, this is consistent accross all supported mixers. I can change the default name, but the channel type will always be "Aux".

Next, in app channels "Mix 1 - Mix 10" are wrongly labelled and should be labelled as "Aux 1 - Aux 10".

In Mixing Station Mix Busses are called "Mixes", this is consistent across all supported mixers and won't be changed. The term "aux" is not as well defined, since it can specify an input or output (there are manufacturers using it for either), but "Aux send" is usually too long and takes longer to differentiate than just "Mix".
    Therefore Mixing Station unifies that by using "Mix" for any additional mixes and "Aux" for any additional inputs.

In general if you have any other feature requests and/or bug reports, you can also directly report them here https://mixingstation.app/help

This provides a higher visibility for other users as well.

Cheers,
    David

• Options
    > @davidgiga1993 said:
    > Very interessting! Where did you find that firmware? On the soundcraft page the latest is 3.3.8293 (see https://www.soundcraft.com/en/products/ui24r#downloads_and_docs)
    >

I bought that mixer new just few days ago, and as it seems it comes with that firmvare version stock from factory, i also checked on official website and it seems that latest firmware on their website is v3.3.8293. So i'm also confused.
  • Options

Mixing Station is probably the best 3rd part remote mixing app I've ever used. It's been my go to when remote mixing a Behringer Wing for over a year now. It's so much better than the Wing CoPilot app and the Presonus UC Surface app.

So, when I started mixing on an old Soundcraft Si Expression, I was thrilled to see that Mixing Station supports it. But that's where the happy train stopped. Mixing Station won't sync with the mixer. Using the troubleshooter, Mixing Station reports that it can "see" the mixer, but the mixer won't sync. My first thought was to check the HiQNet access permissions on the mixer. Screeching halt... There is no menu option for HiQNet. Is there something else I can check on the mixer? Thanks!

• Options

@dstringvc said:
    Mixing Station is probably the best 3rd part remote mixing app I've ever used. It's been my go to when remote mixing a Behringer Wing for over a year now. It's so much better than the Wing CoPilot app and the Presonus UC Surface app.

So, when I started mixing on an old Soundcraft Si Expression, I was thrilled to see that Mixing Station supports it. But that's where the happy train stopped. Mixing Station won't sync with the mixer. Using the troubleshooter, Mixing Station reports that it can "see" the mixer, but the mixer won't sync. My first thought was to check the HiQNet access permissions on the mixer. Screeching halt... There is no menu option for HiQNet. Is there something else I can check on the mixer? Thanks!

Make sure that:
    1) The hiqnet address of the mixer is different from the hiqnet address of the app
    2) The hiqnet access restrictions on the mixer side are disabled

• Options
    Hi
    Dear frends
    My mixer soundcraft si exp 3
    1.queston : visit listen not full screen ios
    2. Queston : ı m dont open rta :(
    Arkadaşlar yeni aldığım mixerde tablet (ios) da rta açamıyorum
    Visit listen app telefonumda yarım gözüküyor lütfen yardımcı olun