Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Ui24r firmware 3.4.8318

I bought the Ui24r about a month ago.
It came with firmware version 3.4.8318
How is that even possible since that version isn’t released yet on the website?
There’s no information on what’s new in this version. I can’t even find a manual that works with my mixer.
Does anyone else have this new firmware?

Comments

• My thoughts exactly

• TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 143
    edited October 2022

There isn't any official announcement.
    As a guessing of users, they probably had renewed something IC or circuit board then adjusted something in the firmware.

It sounds there were similar case some years ago as well.
    We can find v 3.0.7865 but my unit can't install it because my unit started from v 3.1.8273 .
    There isn't v 3.1.8273 firmware on the official web site because next version was v 3.3.8293.

There’s no information on what’s new in 3.1.8273 from the previous version ( 3.0 ) as well.

• Out of interest, are you able to solo a matrix and hear the output in the headphones, on your ui24r running 3.4.8318? That's a bug that I've been waiting to be fixed for two years.
  • https://help.harmanpro.com/ui24r-firmware-3-4-8318

This article has popped up, but the download links 404s for me... Does anyone have more info on this firmware release?
  • They fixed the download page and I've now installed 3.4.8318 on my console.

The 'silence when trying to solo a matrix' issue is still there. Two and a half years of firmware development and these bugs have still not been fixed. I can't tell what's changed between 3.3 and 3.4 - maybe we'll get some release notes at some point.

Looking inside the firmware packages and comparing the 3.3 and 3.4 update files, it's interesting to note that a lot of the files in the 3.4 release have last modified timestamps of July 2020. It looks like some AV libraries have been updated - possibly related to media playback. It also looks like some changes have been made for the local HDMI out - updates to Chrome launch scripts etc.

I'm interested if anyone can note any major differences.

It's super disappointing that the matrix outs still can't be soloed, that seems like it should have been a simple fix.
  • bobco631bobco631 Posts: 1

Just joined this forum to chirp in , if they had fixed the download page and had 3.4.8318 available, it's not anymore
    https://www.soundcraft.com/en/firmware

3.3 latest , I'm in a cover band and the band leader has a 2022 UI24R purchase about December 2022 , came with 3.4 but yeah , no documentation regarding the features such as isolated tab , also where did the Offline .json import export go on the Web Demo UI24R Tablet ? Gonzo as far as I call tell , many mysteries and we're rolling into Q2 2023 shortly ...

• JMiBJMiB Posts: 4

Hello
    I bought the ui24 in July 2023.

With version 3.4.8318, I can't use it as a sound card with my DAW.

There is no documentation.

Is there something I don't understand, or is it a bug related to this firmware version?

• JMiBJMiB Posts: 4

Hello
    In fact, it's work. But sound is very low low low

• ZenUnoZenUno Posts: 1

Hey howdy
    É J here.
    I received a Ui24r yesterday with firmware: 3.4.8320-ui24
    JMiB you posted low level on DAW with V3.4.8318 I am not experiencing that issue yet with this later version….

• Still waiting for official answer from Harman and FW patch.

• SOUNDCRAFT IS GARBAGE, I BOUGHT ONE RECENTLY AND I SAY THAT IT IS GARBAGE NOT BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY SINCE THIS CONSOLE IS SUPER GOOD ITS SOUND QUALITY AND EVERYTHING BUT IT COMES WITH VERSION 3.4.8318, AND IT IS A VERSION THE EH SEARCHED EVERYWHERE AND I CAN'T FIND IT AND THAT'S WHY I SAY IT'S GARBAGE

Hi guys.
    Tanks letting me know the recent shipment has v3.4.8320 instead of 3.4.8318.
    I guess they don't have any functional updating since v3.3.8293.
    Actually I compared the 3.4.8318 with 3.3.8293.
    Nothing has changed.
    It means that, any FW patch does not do anything for your device if your unit has post v3.3.8293.
    Your chipset has been written in your firmware.

They use some type of the chip for building the device.
    Even the specifications were same but the chip has different ID.
    Then they have to write the ID in the firmware to handle the chip from the system.
    It usually happens with some computer gears.

If the Soundcraft did a kind of bug fix or functional update, they should release the updater for the users.
    But these 3.4 are not.
    It still has same bugs and any functions are not added yet.

JMiB

Sounded your recorded sound level was low?
    Did you make up the gain ?
    It should be correct gain as usual recording level.

If you were comparing the level with commercial music materials like a ripped audio from CD then felt it's lower, it's just your ignorance. Study hard.
    Those commercial materials were all lower as well when it was recorded first.
    After some post processing, final mastering made it maximized.
    Normally, the recording level sounds lower 12 to 24dB than commercial music materials.

• OkelOkel Posts: 1
    Hello, does somebody have the link to download the firmware 3.4.8318 ?
  • If you have firmware 3.4.8318 and just need to do a factory reset, this is what worked for me:

1. Open Notepad on windows and type fullreset (use attached file)
    2. Safe the file as fullreset.txt
    3. Copy the file on a fat32 formatted flash drive (Flash drive must be 32gb or smaller)
    4. Switch off Ui24r unit
    5. Insert the flash drive into Play or Record USB port
    6. Use a pin to press and hold down the reset button while switching on the Ui24r unit. (Hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds after switching on the UI24r unit.)
    7. Release the reset button and let the Ui24r unit run for at least 5 min.
    8. Switch the unit off and back on.

Then the unit will be reset back to factory settings.

Okel,
    It was at
    https://help.harmanpro.com/ui24r-firmware-3-4-8318
    then they deleted.
    However, it was a same thing as functionality of v3.3 firmware. So it has no meaning for the devices what can install v3.3.

Why do you want it?
    Can I ask you have any theme to examination something?