Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion

UI24R not maintaining previous settings on restart

My ui24r resets to factory when I power down and restart for the next show. Shows and screenshot settings are not recalled either, even though they still show in the menu. The usb drives don't seem to be active as nothing shows nor appears in the playback menu. Finally, I don't seem to be able to do a proper factory reset as once I try I'm not getting the 10-15sec flashing blue light... Are there any suggestions or recommendations?

Comments

• Do you have any solution? i experienced the same problem

• Same problem here. Any solution?

• Do you save the show before you power down?
    I save the show both internally and to a usb stick

• sim problem !!!!

• Just Update firmware again

• @Collin said:
    My ui24r resets to factory when I power down and restart for the next show. Shows and screenshot settings are not recalled either, even though they still show in the menu. The usb drives don't seem to be active as nothing shows nor appears in the playback menu. Finally, I don't seem to be able to do a proper factory reset as once I try I'm not getting the 10-15sec flashing blue light... Are there any suggestions or recommendations?

any solution?

• tboztboz Posts: 3

Yup. Same here. Come on Harmon. Someone who gives a crap? Anyone?

• TommyKTommyK Posts: 2

The same situation with me. A firmware update is also not possible because no stick is recognised.
    Furthermore, it is not possible to load a preset/snapshot, even if they are displayed in the menu for selection. Even after a restart, everything is back to the factory settings, except for the network configuration...

• Same as TommyK still no resolution....

• Same problem here: on reboot all settings are gone. We experience that since about two months. Shows and Snapshots are still there, so we reload them every time. Unfortunately the UI24R sometimes suddenly shuts down without any reason, and after that the settings are gone. Live performance not possible!

Latest firmware update made about a year ago or so.

• U mnie to samo, zaczęło się po próbie podłączenia dysku Samsung t7
  • Hej soundcraft ktoś to czyta?
  • MoonbowMoonbow Posts: 5

@Collin said:

Has a solution been found for this? I'm having exactly the same issue, word for word. My ui24r had been working like a charm, or just about, for 4 years or so, and suddenly, these past few days, it is showing the same symptoms described by Collin above. (Still on 3.0 firmware, can't update anymore for now, unless there is a way to do it without a functioning USB socket...)

@TomKat said:
    Do you save the show before you power down?
    I save the show both internally and to a usb stick

USB ports not working either, tried with different sticks, different sockets, nothing works. Can’t save the shows…

@prolive said:
    Just Update firmware again

And can’t update firmware without the usb ports either. This is getting to be very frustrating.

@hollermann said:
    Same problem here: on reboot all settings are gone. We experience that since about two months. Shows and Snapshots are still there, so we reload them every time.

Shows and snapshots were still there but were not loading or updating anymore. I finally deleted them all, and tried creating just a single new one but the problem persists.
    I suppose it’s a hardware problem. 4 years seems to be a short life time for such an expensive mixer.

Is there really no solution ?

OK: third attempt at factory reset was finally successful, all usb sockets fixed, firmware updated and shows and snapshots being saved and recalled again also.

• Do you have any solution? I experienced the same problem: on reboot all settings are gone.
  • george717george717 Posts: 1
    edited March 16

The ui24r startup snapshot not being stored was driving me crazy too as firmware 3.3 would even report a deleted snapshot as current after power up.

Until by some chance I happened to toggle MUTE ALL and restart the box.

• load the snapshot to be used at startup
    • press MUTE ALL
    • restart the mixer
    • change MUTE ALL to the previous state if needed

Seems some mix change needs to be preformed before power off for the current snapshot selection to be saved, so far the above trick works for me.