Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Lutron QS connection

Has anyone had an issue connecting to a Lutron QS system. I can connect using telnet but not through AMX - I keep getting bad login. It is the same logic as the RA2 which works fine. I am using AMX firmware version 4.363.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    GSLogic wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue connecting to a Lutron QS system. I can connect using telnet but not through AMX - I keep getting bad login. It is the same logic as the RA2 which works fine. I am using AMX firmware version 4.363.

Thanks!!!

What login are you using? I think that if the lighting designer is still logged in it disables the integrator account. I've had to reboot the QS system after changes are made. Not sure if that's still the case or not.
    Paul
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Think I remember you used to be able to send username and password as one string
    'integration,jetski'
    to the login prompt, where now you have to reply individually to the prompts (login: and password: ).

Maybe?
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    What login are you using? I think that if the lighting designer is still logged in it disables the integrator account. I've had to reboot the QS system after changes are made. Not sure if that's still the case or not.
    Paul

Hi Paul
    I can login with telnet every time. It's the same login logic as RA2. ???
    - Gary
  • Options
    Colzie wrote: »
    Think I remember you used to be able to send username and password as one string
    'integration,jetski'
    to the login prompt, where now you have to reply individually to the prompts (login: and password: ).

Maybe?

Hey Chad
    It's same as RA2 so login and password are separate. Maybe it's an AMX issue? I am using a beta firmware, but doesn't make sense.
    -Gary
  • Options
    Has anyone connected to a Lutron QS?
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Has anyone connected to a Lutron QS?

I will in a week or so. The system is a redo after abandonment, and one of the problems was the AMX and Lutron systems were having issues communicating. I haven't logged in to this mess yet, but when I do I can see what's up. I am going to use the AMX Duet QS module, and don't expect any comm issues, as I have many older Lutron systems running fine with older AMX Duet modules.
    Paul
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    We do it all the time. Make a separate account for the integration.
    We rolled our own, based on our RA2. They use different offsets on ID's but are otherwise nearly alike.
  • Options
    John Nagy wrote: »
    We do it all the time. Make a separate account for the integration.
    We rolled our own, based on our RA2. They use different offsets on ID's but are otherwise nearly alike.

Hi John
    RA2 is not an issue, have you done it with the new version of QS?
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    We have, as I said. We used the same basic code as we did with RA2, as I said, with modification for the different offset, 80 vs. 100.
    Now you have me worried, is there something newer than this year's QS?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've connected with QS several times without issue. You need to use an integration login, the regular telnet login will not work. There is a default one (I think it's lutron / lutron, but don't depend on that), but I generally make my own. Then I use the following routine to connect. I call this in mainline so it will run whenever there is something in the receive buffer, but you could probably do something in the STRING handler instead. I've just had cases where the STRING handler either didn't trigger on a full string, or got more than one response before it triggered, so I prefer to work on the buffer.
    DEFINE_CALL 'Parse Buffer' (sRsp[1024])
    {

DEBUG("'Received from QS: ', sRsp") ;

IF(FIND_STRING(sRsp, "'ogin:'", 1))
        {
    	DEBUG("'Sending user name'") ;
    	SEND_STRING dvQS, "sLogin[1], 13, 10" ;
        }
        IF(FIND_STRING(sRsp, "'assword:'", 1))
        {
        	DEBUG("'Sending password'") ;
    	SEND_STRING dvQS, "sLogin[2], 13, 10" ;
        }

sRsp = sStrip(sRsp, "13,10") ;
        SEND_STRING vdvInterface, "sRsp" ;
    }

• Options
    Dave
    Thanks! I needed to know if someone else connected to a QS system. There has to be something else wrong, as I can connect using Telnet with the default (lutron/lutron) or the new dealer Login/Password, but not through AMX.

Thanks again for everyones post!
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    Dave
    Thanks! I needed to know if someone else connected to a QS system. There has to be something else wrong, as I can connect using Telnet with the default (lutron/lutron) or the new dealer Login/Password, but not through AMX.

Thanks again for everyones post!

I did my first QS system about a month ago, duet module works fine.

Try log in "lutron"
    password "integration"
  • Options
    I did the connection with the new QS system, using telent, without any duet or module, just wrote my own code for authentication.

The trick is that you need to read the data from the lutron device and when when it asks for login you send it, same for the password.

Btw, if you need help, then paste your code
  • Options
    moty66 wrote: »
    I did the connection with the new QS system, using telent, without any duet or module, just wrote my own code for authentication.

The trick is that you need to read the data from the lutron device and when when it asks for login you send it, same for the password.

Btw, if you need help, then paste your code

The login logic is not the issue, it is the same as RA2. We believe there is something wrong with the Lutron or AMX processor. I will post next week.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    What specific device are you interfacing with? If you're talking to a QSE-CI-NWK-E, the login is 'nwk' with no password.