Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Extron IPL T S1 via LAN

This is probably an easy question, but I'm just getting back into AV programming don't remember a lot of stuff.

I'm trying to connect to an Extron IPL T S1 via LAN, the box then controls a display via RS-232. My problem is connecting to the IPL T S1 from netlinx code. Am I supposed to use IP_CLIENT_OPEN? and how do I sent the commands to, maybe SEND_COMMAND? Need general help in setting this case up.

Thanks,

Javed

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You use a create an IP Port device like

dv_IP_Port = 0:< 3 or greater>:system

You use IP_CLIENT_OPEN following the help file for how to initialize the comm.

Then you send_string to send commands to the unit. It will respond back and it will generate a data_Event:String. Commands to that device are for internal AMX commands to the port.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Also consult the Extron documentation for this device. You will probably find that the server port that you want to send your strings to, and, therefore, the port on the server that you want to connect to with your IP_CLIENT_OPEN, is port 2001, not the standard telnet port 23. My recollection, without checking, is that any string sent to port 2001 will be sent directly out the RS232 port #1. For these boxes with multiple RS232 ports, the other ports are 2002, 2003, etc.

Also, if you don't have any traffic with the device for a minute or so it will probably disconnect. Actually, I think the AMX will disconnect. If you have your program send some sort of query to the port every 30 seconds or so, it should stay open almost forever.