Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Elk Alarm Panels Communications and AMX module

I am trying to integrate our first Elk- M1 alarm panel and I am having trouble with the communications. I have tried 2 different Masters NI-3000 and NI-4100 and the AMX demo module and is not working properly. It warns that you need to define the IP address, but I only need to control it serially. Can these panels work serially or only via IP? Do I need a special adapter or part to make it IP? The AMX module still defines it to a serial port on the NI.
I wonder if any of you out there that have successfully integrated with the Elk would be willing to share a custom module with me. The AMX module has a lot of extras, queries that may make it more confusing to the end user and it is also page dependent. I am looking for something that I can just add to a regular project. Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Here is my Elk Ethernet Comm Module. (I have an RS232 module too but it should be easy for you to modify this module for RS232 by subtracting a few lines if you desire) It's only got what I needed at the time; YMMV.