Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Sony EVID70 Module Rs232 Daisy Chain Question

Hi All,

Hope someone have done this before. 4 group of 2 daisy chain camera. I understand by reading the module information files that you need 2 com ports when you do daisy chaining but in the module information there's a note explaining that this functionnality have not been tested.

Someone been able to control those camera in daisychaining without using 2 com port or i really need 2 com port to do the trick.

i have no camera yet to do the test.

Thanks all

Comments

• Raphayo wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hope someone have done this before. 4 group of 2 daisy chain camera. I understand by reading the module information files that you need 2 com ports when you do daisy chaining but in the module information there's a note explaining that this functionnality have not been tested.

Someone been able to control those camera in daisychaining without using 2 com port or i really need 2 com port to do the trick.

Thanks all

I've never used the module from AMX but you do not need two com ports to control those cameras.
    Hi All,

Thanks all

I think if you read closer, the module documentation is talking about having more than one port on the Duet virtual device, not more than one com port. So instead of 5001:1:0 and 5001:2:0, you would have 41001:1:0, 41001:2:0, with 1 camera being controlled on 41001:1:0 and the second on 41001:2:0, etc.
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    I think if you read closer, the module documentation is talking about having more than one port on the Duet virtual device, not more than one com port. So instead of 5001:1:0 and 5001:2:0, you would have 41001:1:0, 41001:2:0, with 1 camera being controlled on 41001:1:0 and the second on 41001:2:0, etc.

Here's a part of the document
    Implementation

To interface to the AMX Sony_EVI-D70_Comm.axs module, the programmer must perform the following steps:
    1.	Define two device IDs for the EVI-D70(s) that will be controlled (input and output IDs).
    2.	Define the virtual device ID that the EVI-D70 COMM module will use to communicate with the main program and User Interface. NetLinx virtual devices start with device number 33001.
    3.	If a touch panel interface is desired, a touch panel file Sony_EVI-D70-Platinum.TPD and module ( Sony_EVI-D70_UI.axs) have been created for testing.
    4.	The NetLinx EVI-D70 module must be included in the program with a DEFINE_MODULE command. This 
    command starts execution of the module and passes in the following key information: the device ID of the VISCA
     input port of the first camera to be controlled, the device ID of the VISCA output port of the last camera to be
     controlled, and the virtual device ID for communicating to the main program.

An example of how to do this is shown below.

DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvDevice_out	= 5001:1:0	// first EVI-D70 VISCA input connected to the NetLinx on 1st RS-232 port

dvDevice_in	= 5001:2:0	// last EVI-D70 VISCA output connected to the NetLinx on 2nd RS-232 port

dvTouchPanel = 128:1:0	// The touch panel used for output

vdvDevice      	= 33001:1:0	// The virtual device use for communication between the 
    // Comm module interface and User_Interface (UI) module interface

They explain to connect the first camera input on a port and the last camera output on another port. It's not a problem for me to do it that way but we going into a wiring issue. :(
    Here's a part of the document
    Implementation

To interface to the AMX Sony_EVI-D70_Comm.axs module, the programmer must perform the following steps:
    1.	Define two device IDs for the EVI-D70(s) that will be controlled (input and output IDs).
    2.	Define the virtual device ID that the EVI-D70 COMM module will use to communicate with the main program and User Interface. NetLinx virtual devices start with device number 33001.
    3.	If a touch panel interface is desired, a touch panel file Sony_EVI-D70-Platinum.TPD and module ( Sony_EVI-D70_UI.axs) have been created for testing.
    4.	The NetLinx EVI-D70 module must be included in the program with a DEFINE_MODULE command. This 
    command starts execution of the module and passes in the following key information: the device ID of the VISCA
     input port of the first camera to be controlled, the device ID of the VISCA output port of the last camera to be
     controlled, and the virtual device ID for communicating to the main program.

An example of how to do this is shown below.

DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvDevice_out	= 5001:1:0	// first EVI-D70 VISCA input connected to the NetLinx on 1st RS-232 port

dvDevice_in	= 5001:2:0	// last EVI-D70 VISCA output connected to the NetLinx on 2nd RS-232 port

dvTouchPanel = 128:1:0	// The touch panel used for output

vdvDevice      	= 33001:1:0	// The virtual device use for communication between the 
    // Comm module interface and User_Interface (UI) module interface

They explain to connect the first camera input on a port and the last camera output on another port. It's not a problem for me to do it that way but we going into a wiring issue. :(

Yeah the Sony documentation is written to suggest that you need a loop, but you don't actually need a loop. You do need to have five conductors between cameras you daisy chain, though not between the first camera and the controller.
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    Great.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards
    rfletcher wrote: »
    Yeah the Sony documentation is written to suggest that you need a loop, but you don't actually need a loop. You do need to have five conductors between cameras you daisy chain, though not between the first camera and the controller.