Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Events Stopped Working

I was working this afternoon on a NI-2100 that's been running fine for a year. I was just updating some events along with some new IR files. All of a sudden my touchpanel and keypad events stopped triggering... The notifications are still showing the press/release events, but their action are not working anymore.

I tried to upload last week's backup, total reboot, unplugged every other component my NI-2100 was using, and even doing some pretty simple programming with nothing but a touch panel and an event for a button, but I got nothing. The last thing I tried was sending a "clean disk -f" via terminal,rebooting and uploading the files again, but the problem persists.

Have any of you guys been through this before? I don't know what else I can do. =/

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    There's a few things to check. Make sure your firmware on the master is current with your version of Netlinx Studio. Perhaps your NS is newer but your master firmware is older.

Another thing to check (Believe it or not...) is seach your hair drive for duplicate SNAPIrouter files. You should only have one. There is a tech note about this issue somewhere.

Also check your duet memory.

These are some of he things to check. There are more too.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    ericmedley wrote: »
    seach your hair drive

I think that's a typo. You probably mean "SEARCH" your hair drive.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    The only time that ever happened to me was when I had a timeline event and used a variable instead of a constant for the ID. Boy, was that one hard to figure out. I had the same symptoms, notifications worked but no code actually ran. You didn't post your code, so I am just guessing, but check your timelines if you are using them.
    Paul
  • Options
    Also check that dipswitch 1 on the master is off.
  • Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    Check the system number is correct, this has caught me out before.
    Check you are sending the correct code, you may have the wrong system set as the master system in NetLinx Studio.
    Check the master code is what you think it is by typing 'program info' in telnet.
    Verify the code in NetLinx Studio is the same as on the master by starting a debug session, it'll tell you if the tko file doesn't match.
    Check the PRM dip switch (already mentioned).

See if this code triggers relays, this will rule the code out.
    DEFINE_PROGRAM='Test'
    DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvTP = 10001:1:0 // change to suit processor
    dvRelays = 5001:8:0 // change to suit NI-x100
    DEFINE_EVENTS
    DEFINE_EVENT[dvTP,0] {
    	PUSH: PULSE[dvRelays,1];
    }

• Options
    Thanks for your response guys, specially to Tony and champ for pointing out the DIP Switch position. As weird as it sounds to me, considering how the problem started, somehow(someone...maybe) the PRM DipSwitch was on. Everything is back on track again! Thanks