Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Enova embed audio; audio in

Hi everyone

What I need to do is insert audio to Enova system (using AVS-ENOVADGX32-AUD-INS-EXT) - for example IN 16.
Than embed the signal from in 16 with Video from IN 6, and finally send it to many outputs using VB-RX-DXLINK-HDMI.

I've looked in Instruction Manual, and BCS Commands manual couple of times, but can't really find any answer how to do that.

What I've done is, I've set the dipswitch on AVS-ENOVADGX32-AUD-INS-EXT to INSERT (port 16).
Than I've tried to send only audio comming from IN 16 to some outputs 5,6 & 7. But dont have anything on VB-RX-DXLINK-HDMI outputs (HDMI or stereo out).

If I would like to send only audio, how to do that?

Does it have anywhing to do with Level Switching ? Its a concept I don't really understand.

BTW
The system is working fine when I'm sending Audio + Video from AVS-ENOVADGX32-VI-HDMI to VB-RX-DXLINK-HDMI.

Comments

• Options
    The DGX switchers are not able to send audio without video AFAIK. They only pass audio embedded on a video stream. Wish this was an option, as I too have had people ask if they can just send audio to a zone, but without additional I/O on the audio DSP for the system, we could not provide it.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have resorted to using the Enova for video zones and putting a Precis in for audio-only zones. It actually works out better than you might think, though it adds another level to your switching that you have to be aware of.