Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

AMX Composer - Sub-Playlists

Hi all,

I'm re-setting up our playlists for our AMX Inspired Signage solution, as we are revamping the way our Signage works.

We currently have some sub-playlists set up as well as main-playlists. The system is set up to play 3 messages from the main playlist then 1 from the sub and repeats this pattern.

However, I'm not sure how to set this up. We are using a new layout which has different sized regions. So I want to set a similar system up for this new region.

Does anybody know how to do so? I looked in the Composer guide but it doesn't give instructions on how to do it, only on that you can?

Thanks
Karl

Comments

• champchamp Posts: 261
    It is explained in http://www.amx.com//assets/manuals/InspiredXPert.OperationReferenceGuide.pdf under Area Playlist Mixing Rules.
    In short it is controlled by a public variable so log onto the players web page, select public variables then modify the one called PlaylistControl:SelectCounts which is set to 3,1,1 by default.
    This is unfortunately gloabal accross all areas on a player so you can't have sub playlist rotation different in one Area to another area.