Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

DGX Input Status

I apologize if I've overlooked the answer elsewhere, but a forum search hasn't turned up anything and I've checked the docs, so here goes. Is there a way to check input signal status (specifically HDMI) on a DGX frame, similar to ?VIDIN_STATUS on the DVX hardware? I don't see anything similar in any of the documentation, and I don't have the hardware on hand to do any testing.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately the DGX doesn't share those useful DVX commands. Keep in mind the DGX is a very different beast, and is actually an Autopatch piece, which is why even switch commands are different.

I wanted to know which output an Rx was plugged into (for portable carts in boardrooms) and since there's no easy command to find that out, tech support directed me to the DGX Shell commands, which can be sent to and received from a Netlinx program (apparently). I was on site and under pressure so I didn't pursue it, but the Shell interface might be your best bet. The Shell interface resides on port 3 (5002:3:0).

Jeff
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff. That confirms what I was thinking. There's mention of "advanced" stuff being possible via the shell in the manual, but without the gear to test with it doesn't seem likely I'll get to pursue that route. But if they pointed you in that direction, at least I know it may be possible that way in case this becomes a necessity once onsite.