Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

IR Learning - IREdit Import

Hi guys,

I'm having some IR problems with a Mitsubishi MSH-RV series Aircon... I have this Command Fusion IR Learner to do my IR learnings and then I import the learned hex code on IREdit. It always worked fine, but this time none of the functions I import are working.
I did the hundreds of readings, and every single function works when I test it with the IR blaster within my IR Learner box but not when I upload it to the Master(the import on IREdit is always successful).

I can't find it's IR codes anywhere and none of the generic functions worked either, so I'm wondering if there are any problems that can possibly occurr when importing hex codes to IREdit.

Thanks in advance,
Cristopher.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The answer is Yes, problems can occur. There are a whole host of things such as bad terminator, repeat is all goofed up or missing, etc... Unfortunately, there is really not a good way to troubleshoot this with IREdit since it offers no way of manipulating the hex.

In my case I would use an IRIS to import straight into IREdit, thus eliminating the intervening step that is likely causing the issue. You also might hit up the Remote Central site and see if someone has the hex codes. Perhaps their capture will work.

Over the years I've found that IR control and AMX is less a science and more a black art.
  • Yeah, that's sad. Everytime I face an IR related problem the solution turns out to be something ilogical... I should really take some arcane arts classes along with an ACE certificate.

In the meanwhile, I'm already waiting for a response from the Remote Central guys.
    Thanks again, eric!