Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

DVX 3150 HD Switch device error

we have DVX 3150HD it writes that Device Name D is invalid that is the 5002 port doesn't work this Switch device the matter is that we even can't stitch it such window jumps out here

Comments

• Options
    JubalJubal Posts: 77
    miie5m wrote: »
    we have DVX 3150HD it writes that Device Name D is invalid that is the 5002 port doesn't work this Switch device the matter is that we even can't stitch it such window jumps out here

I have same issue now. did you resolve yours???
    Anyone know how to fix this?
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    We have about 20 DVX 3150s and I've never had a problem.

Although, looking at the screen shot he originally posted, I see that device 5003 is selected for the firmware upgrade.
    Device 5003 doesn't exist on a 3150, just 5001 and 5002. Perhaps that was his issue?

Check your device number.

When you refresh the online tree for the 3150 do both the 5001 and 5002 show up?
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    cmason wrote: »
    We have about 20 DVX 3150s and I've never had a problem.

Although, looking at the screen shot he originally posted, I see that device 5003 is selected for the firmware upgrade.
    Device 5003 doesn't exist on a 3150, just 5001 and 5002. Perhaps that was his issue?

Check your device number.

When you refresh the online tree for the 3150 do both the 5001 and 5002 show up?

Mason, I'm currently having an issue with a 2150, the image isn't crispy/sharp. (Best way to describe it would be a slightly blurry image). According to AMX UK this isn't a fault and the unit is working as intended. I was wondering if you've seen this with DVX-3150 units. (It's evident when you look at a page of text, you don't really notice it with a quick look)
  • Options
    Jorde_V wrote: »
    Mason, I'm currently having an issue with a 2150, the image isn't crispy/sharp. (Best way to describe it would be a slightly blurry image). According to AMX UK this isn't a fault and the unit is working as intended. I was wondering if you've seen this with DVX-3150 units. (It's evident when you look at a page of text, you don't really notice it with a quick look)

My have right port 5002 but cant connect. In system tree the 5200 (switcher) is gone. How to solve this in dvx 3155
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Jubal wrote: »
    My have right port 5002 but cant connect. In system tree the 5200 (switcher) is gone. How to solve this in dvx 3155

Are you also unable to upload firmware to said port?
  • Options
    Jorde_V wrote: »

Hmmm... no I've not had an issue with blurry images. Lot's of issues with scaling Cisco cameras though. Several firmware's ago had issues scaling a VGA document camera, but that has been solid with the latest firmware.

What is the source you are sending to the unit?
    If it's a computer, have you tried connecting any other sources?
    If it's an analog source (vga, component, etc..) I'd try swapping the input cable for a shorter version, and see if that makes a difference. I've seen some weak VGA signals cause blurring on monitors before.

Do all sources appear blurry?
  • Options
    Jubal wrote: »

Did this happen right after upgrading the firmware of the master or the controller? If so, read the firmware documentation. Sometimes you have to upgrade devices in a specific order. You may have to go back to the previous firmware (downgrade) to get the device back online, and upgrade according to the docs for the upgrade.

If this was not the result of a firmware upgrade, another thing to try... enable the PRD (dip switch #1 up) and reboot. This will disable your code. I've seen bad code (especially duet modules) take a device offline.

ELSE:
    {
    CALL AMX_SUPPORT()
    }
  • Options
    cmason wrote: »
    Did this happen right after upgrading the firmware of the master or the controller? If so, read the firmware documentation. Sometimes you have to upgrade devices in a specific order. You may have to go back to the previous firmware (downgrade) to get the device back online, and upgrade according to the docs for the upgrade.

If this was not the result of a firmware upgrade, another thing to try... enable the PRD (dip switch #1 up) and reboot. This will disable your code. I've seen bad code (especially duet modules) take a device offline.

ELSE:
    {
    CALL AMX_SUPPORT()
    }

tech support from US downgrade the system then upgrade to latest version and everything shown up in system tree, but when we restart the system, it's getting on and off. even the dip switch 1 is up. still same issue. now everything is not working with the device. now is there any way to fix the continues ON/OFF of the system
  • Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    Sending an empty program, did you have the same problem?
  • Options
    What did AMX Tech Support say about the rebooting issue?

I have a vague recollection of (maybe) having a DVX-3150 in a rebooting cycle, but I don't remember how we resolved it. I think we had to send it in for a warranty repair, if my foggy memory serves me.