Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Takenote & MVP8400

I finally decided to purchase the USB stick with this application.

I was actually impressed with the quality and accuracy of this
program used with the MVP. That would be great, but I cant seem to
get it to run consistently with any PC. I loaded the patch, which seemed to
help, but not fix. Tech Support thinks it's an XP-SP2 issue. If this was the
case, I would tend to believe that it would at least be consistently
working or not-working.

Most of the time, the panel just sits there attempting to connect.
I followed the QSG to the letter, only to find out later that they
recommend not specifying IP addresses and passwords within the
TP4 file.

Occasionally, the Takenote applet is working, but the G4CC does not want
to complete the connection. I think this is some type of issue with the
WINVNC that is part of the G4CC applet.

I would really like to use this as an alternative to the Boeckeler or
Sympodium products, but if I cant get it to work on my shop system,
I cant sell it to my clients for their's.

Has anyone had any major (reliable) success with this application?

Has anyone experience this same or similar issue?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks much.

Comments

• Options
    I used the Take Note with an 15" Modero. First I dit it with VNC and it was working bur ferry slow. Now we used a breakout box for the VGA signal. And this is Faster and works great!

I've no problems with it...
    The client din't report any problem.

Best Regards,

Roman
  • Options
    Edit: It was a Broadcom NIC, not a Natinoal Semiconductor

I have encountered an identical difficulty with Takenote in one particular instance, where the PC had a National Semiconductor ethernet port built into the motherboard (on a dell or hp pc, can't remember which). Anyway, there is a goofy file sharing service for that ethernet card that comes pre-installed that may have been sending things quite awry. When the PC would hibernate, it would actually crash the panel, otherwise connections were spotty at best.

I removed this service (from the network control panel for that interface), disabled the port, and then put in an old intel network card, and all was well. I'm not sure at this point if it was the NIC or the file sharing service, but the problem went away after that. If all of your PC's have vastly different hardware and software configurations, I would suggest you may want to be sure you're running the latest firmware on your MVP, TPDesign4, and that you have your vdvGuestPC modules properly defined in your source code.

I have found when using RealVNC that it is important to check the box for "use version 3 protocol", and you can disable things like desktop graphics and window animations, which makes it really really fast.

I have to stress I only encountered a problem with TakeNote once, and this was it, overall I can only say one thing about any PC application: your mileage may vary. It is generally very difficult to predict how a particular application will behave on a certain customer's PC. Overall, though, this is a great product that I will continue to use.
  • Options
    were is configCC.exe

Hi friend,

I try to test a takenote software, but i think i dont have these file configCC.exe, can you send me it to test the sw after recommend it to my clients.

atomico64@msn.com

Thanks all