Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Nuvo Music Port Elite?

Anyone have experience with this product? I'm specifically interested in it's iTunes capability.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    My general rule with everything Apple is "don't poke the bear." While they make incredible stuff and I use the crap out of it in both my programmer side and my music producer side, I have just been bit too many times after spending the time to get it integrated into a system by them making some arbitrary change that blows everything up. I know several engineers who work there I they assure me this is by design. They sure know how to duck and dive as they run down the field.

So, it either is controlled by IR or I'll make sure the source is hot but beyond that you are on your own.

This rule is even more enforced when integrating a 3rd party box which interfaces with Apple stuff.

And all this said while I still maintain a love for their product. It ain't bragging if you're doing it. ~ Yogi Berra.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    What's really so f' up is their diabolical plan works, they purposely break everything other than their family of products to force you to buy their products to maintain a functioning system. For that reason alone I'm a hater, they don't play nice. I decided to just use an Airport Express with everything off except Airplay. I figure they have enough TP controllable sources to use most of the time and when they want iTunes they just use a PC or tablet, etc for control. The TPs just don't compare anyway and if you could control iTunes like we used too you can't scroll through album covers like an iThingy can so esentially we're now the dinosaur in the room.

Streaming services aren't much better, I just read MOG won't be available in the US anymore after April 15th and they're my favorite streaming service.