Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

TPCONTROL PROGRAMMING COMMANDS

Hi everyone, I am really struggling with a simple problem....could be me...its too late in the evening.

I have an IPAD mini, with a trial licence of the TPCONTROL app, full licence will be purchased soon.
I am having problems trying to copy the text from one button to another, on previous AMX touchpanels, I have used the following command with no issues:
SEND_COMMAND dvVTP, "'^BMC-24,0,1,2,0,TX'"

I have a list of scrolling input buttons, where the end user can rename each button through the touchpanel (a requirement as sources with be changed frequently). Once an input is selected to an output screen, 1 of 4, the buttons I have used to represent the 4 output screens, I want to contain the text of the input button, such that the user can see which inputs are routes to each screen. And if the source input for that screen is one of 4 the SKYHD box, the button representing the output screen also displays SKY channel info and Program Title.

However the above command doesn't appear to work on the IPAD
SEND_COMMAND dvIPAD, "'^BMC-24,0,1,2,0,TX'"
Did I read correctly in that not all the commands are supported by TPCONTROL, where is the list of compatible commands?

Can someone please please help, And if its not a supported command, how would I get around this problem.

Also I have not got around to doing the button renaming feature on the IPAD, again on a AMX touchpanel I just used a command to bring up the standard KEYBOARD interface. Do you guys know if this is also possible on the IPAD?

Right thanks for having a read, I hope someone can help us out? Cheers

Comments

• I wanted to chime in quickly here as I presume the TPControl guys are at ISE at the moment. You can download the TPControl specific API here: http://touchpanelcontrol.com/catalog/product/download

The pdf suggests all of the G4 commands are allowed. Others may need to recreate your issue to confirm it is an issue and not project or syntax related.

Chris
  • AMX_Chris wrote: »
    I wanted to chime in quickly here as I presume the TPControl guys are at ISE at the moment. You can download the TPControl specific API here: http://touchpanelcontrol.com/catalog/product/download

The pdf suggests all of the G4 commands are allowed. Others may need to recreate your issue to confirm it is an issue and not project or syntax related.

Chris

LOL that would be typical.....couple of the lads here and the boss are off to ISE, but me no stuck finishing this project! Next year, I think I am going to play with the new toys!

I already have that document containing the specific commands for TPControl, thanks

As for the syntax, I have tried this on another AMX touchpanel, and the section of code works fine, even the panel layout I have done a straight "save as different panel type", so I an using the exactly the same buttons.

I can send text directly to the button on the IPAD using the following command:
    SEND_COMMAND dvIPAD, "'^TXT-24,0,TEXT'"

This works fine....but not the ^BMC
  • Hi mate,

According to X-series programming guide, Source State has to be between 1 − 256 ?

^BMC-<vt addr range>,<button states range>,<source port>,<source address>,<source state>,<codes>

Justin

resolution wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am really struggling with a simple problem....could be me...its too late in the evening.

I have an IPAD mini, with a trial licence of the TPCONTROL app, full licence will be purchased soon.
    I am having problems trying to copy the text from one button to another, on previous AMX touchpanels, I have used the following command with no issues:
    SEND_COMMAND dvVTP, "'^BMC-24,0,1,2,0,TX'"

I have a list of scrolling input buttons, where the end user can rename each button through the touchpanel (a requirement as sources with be changed frequently). Once an input is selected to an output screen, 1 of 4, the buttons I have used to represent the 4 output screens, I want to contain the text of the input button, such that the user can see which inputs are routes to each screen. And if the source input for that screen is one of 4 the SKYHD box, the button representing the output screen also displays SKY channel info and Program Title.

However the above command doesn't appear to work on the IPAD
    SEND_COMMAND dvIPAD, "'^BMC-24,0,1,2,0,TX'"
    Did I read correctly in that not all the commands are supported by TPCONTROL, where is the list of compatible commands?

Can someone please please help, And if its not a supported command, how would I get around this problem.

Also I have not got around to doing the button renaming feature on the IPAD, again on a AMX touchpanel I just used a command to bring up the standard KEYBOARD interface. Do you guys know if this is also possible on the IPAD?

Right thanks for having a read, I hope someone can help us out? Cheers
  • tried quite a few things, but still cant get this command to work with the IPAD

I know my syntax is correct, as I have used this command in other programs.
    Instead I have had do it a different way.