Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Can I use a Modero TP with an access system - non-Netlinx

I have a customer with an old access card frame and they want to add a Modero TP. I don't think this is doable but thought I'd ask. So, is it possible to use a Netlinx device (ie Modero TP)with a system running access (ie: an accent3 Pro)?

Comments

• Options
    dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    The short answer is no. However, if you have the need and the desire it is possible, but takes some extra hardware and programming.

--D
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    You can use all the existing equipment but you’ll need to add a Netlinx controller (e.g. NI-700) and do the following:

1) Put the Accent3 into slave mode (Tech Note 158)
    2) Plug the Accent3 into the Axlink port of the NI-700.
    3) Convert the Axcess code into Netlinx code.

This thread has some additional info:
    http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?2892-Netlinx-and-Axcess-Masters-together-is-it-possible
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've done the Axcent-as-a-slave thing many times, and I generally just re-write the code. I just don't think it's worth keeping it if you are going to upgrade the master, and most Axcent systems are simple enough that it's not that involved. But from a hardware perspective, it's not all that expensive to slap an NI-700 on it (though I'd go with the NI-700/64 to take advantage of the v4 firmware options). Another plus is you can add a TPControl license or two for tablet and/or phone access to the system, which is a pretty big selling point these days. I usually get that instead of the Modero panel as a request ... "Hey, can I control my theater with my iPhone?"